British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Rye House Vs Isle Of Wight (nlkoc) 9/4

Well this meeting proved Waco spot on. Dominant display by Morley Mason Hazeldon and searjent. With the right back up these boys could win the league. Lee Chessell and Braddock all showed promise at different times but together form an almighty long tail which will see meetings that should be won - lost.

Entertaining all the same. Owen easily the pick for IOW. Shame he did nt ride with that effort for the Raiders/Hawks.

Raiders hung on to this meeting with a 5-1 in heat fifteen won by Ben Morley with Shane Hazelden tucking in for second Not as incorrectly stated on the Updates site ,with the result the wrong way round correct scores for the two were Shane excellent paid max 12+3 from 5 and Ben Morley 14 from 5 unlucky not to get a full max when he lifted when hitting a rut when leading round turn 1,,the same rut caused falls for David Mason a solid 8 +1 from 4 and Gary Chessell when comfortably leading heat 14.. He scored 3 from 4 ..and I.O.W s Marc Owen and team mate Ben Hopwood came together in heat 15 probably caused by the same rut.. in my opinion if this had been a Rockets match the track would have been graded, it is not good enough !! ...A good return from new boy James Sarjeant 9 from .4. he will fit in well..The tail however is long and the two reserves are going to need some time to ajust to this level of racing ,,Luke Chessel would be okay if he was riding at reserve where he would be in most other teams,,The I.O.W will not be the strongest opposition the team will face this season so its going to be difficult to get results at home ,and away even harder ...For the I.O.W Marc Owen showed plenty of dash and was worth more than his 9 +1 from 5 incl 4 from a T.R ,his gating however is still costing him points get that right and he will fly ,,the rest only had the odd moment and more could have been expected from one or two.....

Well impressed with Shane Hazelden had some hard first corners.Martured alot with his riding.Ben fresh with his prem outings.Sargent looking good too.Well done guys.

In my opinion Shane Hazelden was very fortunate with his paid maximum tonight with 2 decisions going in his favour. Marc Owen was wrongly excluded in heat one and was clearly nowhere near Shane when he cleanly took him on the 1st bend with a forceful ride. Shane then fell once again unaided whilst leading into the first bend of heat eight resulting in a rerun with all four riders.

If i was him i'd buy a ticket for tomorrows lottery as clearly luck is on his side.

Enjoyable meeting - impressed with Morley Hazeldene and Sarjeant.

Magic cosistent white line riding - didnt think there was a rut more like too much grip which caused the riders to lose control.

Chessell should havr eased off whenn in the lead instead of trying to blast into the bend - he simply slid off !.

Braddock id raw and has good style and speed - just needs rides to get more experience

Enjoyable meeting - impressed with Morley Hazeldene and Sarjeant.

Magic cosistent white line riding - didnt think there was a rut more like too much grip which caused the riders to lose control.

Chessell should havr eased off whenn in the lead instead of trying to blast into the bend - he simply slid off !.

Braddock id raw and has good style and speed - just needs rides to get more experience

Take it from me there was a rut i saw it as i was working out on the track which was like a concrete road not grippy at all ..also discussed this with David Mason and Ben Morley after the meeting.......

Oh dear a rut at Rye - is that down to the drought?

Reading other links to the NL and the attendences

etc - if Robert Lambert was allowed to ride I sure he would put a few hundred more on the gate.

What a talent - I think he did the fastest time in the demo 58 something .

Is he only 14?

I think with IofW having four ex Rye House riders in there team i didn't think it was going to be an easy meeting for Rye House, i know that i would expect an hard meeting if the away team were coming to my track with four ex riders in there team, any home team would, i think Rye House did well considering that, i think has the team get more track time at home the less experienced riders will improve, the IofW team are a much more experience that the Rye House team, Garry Cottham going around Rye House at reserve you would expect him to score a few points, the young lads at Rye will get better and just need track time in a meeting.

Edited by Devildodger

Interesting reading all the knockers comments, when this was a very entertaining meeting, the Raiders will all improve ad the season goes on. Heat one, well if you want to know if there was contact you will have to look at the DVD or see the mercury site, very hard to call. Raiders let a lot of points slip against a 1 man opposing team, the rest points were given to them, but full credit for staying on their machines and being in the right place at the right time.