British Speedway Forum
Alan_Jones

Rye House Select V Usa Future (int. Challenge, April 14th @ 7pm)

I suppose you can't please everyone all the time. Hiring a continental track and practicing would be even more money to find and will not give the riders competitive racing as they require.

Also there are a fair number of speedway fans who enjoy watching the USA boys --and a very hard working UK committee of people who work damn hard to make sure the tours are a success.

I have had an approach to bring a team of young Dutch riders to race in the UK on a short tour but wonder what response they would receive from the critics of touring sides ?

For God's sake give all these boys a chance . It has cost them a small fortune to be here and they come with the ambitions of impressing and maybe getting a UK team berth one day as well as having bigger goals.

Off my soapbox now !! See you at Coventry on Friday , Rye House Saturday and Buxton Sunday.

The Dutch riders were a great success riding at Sittingbourne and I think a tour of riders from the Netherlands would be a brilliant idea! Go for it mate!!

Remember a sizeable number of the RH 'fans' who post on here are constantly finding reasons NOT to go to NL matches at Rye, so I wouldn't guage too much from it if I were you!!

If my wife feels well enough, we're hoping to travel down to this meeting, and shall be leaving home at around 1.30pm.

Any up to date weather reports would be greatly appreciated, especially if you are in close proximity to the stadium.

It should be a very good nights racing, so let's hope the weather holds out.

Thank You.

The Dutch riders were a great success riding at Sittingbourne and I think a tour of riders from the Netherlands would be a brilliant idea!  Go for it mate!!

Remember a sizeable number of the RH 'fans' who post on here are constantly finding reasons NOT to go to NL matches at Rye, so I wouldn't guage too much from it if I were you!!

Yes and those same Rye House supporters have the right to attend or not as in much the same way that they have the right to add their thoughts to a thread that contains the title RYE HOUSE. Rye charge a lot of money for admission and fans expect to be entertained. Sometimes in sub standard meetings such as the last USA meeting value for money was simply not there. It has nothing to do with supporters being anti NL. It's a shame that there are certain people who continually come on here to knock fans who pick and chose when are where they spend their hard earned money.For me personally i have always had a soft spot for the American riders and would love to see some real improvement and development. I will be there and i wish them well for not only this tour but also the trip to the Ukraine.

• Like 1

I suppose you can't please everyone all the time. Hiring a continental track and practicing would be even more money to find and will not give the riders competitive racing as they require.

So you think bouncing around the IOW will in any way prepare them for the U21? At least your honest about the real reason, the hope 1 might get a break in the PL.

Dekker -- it was a competitive meeting and that's what the riders want.

These tours --this being the 9th --- have been going on since 2005 and the rider's aim is to get noticed as Chris Kerr, Kenny Ingalls and Tyson Burmeister did . But this one was actually added to give them track time and experience on the way to the Ukraine for the under 21 wtc

I sincerly hope this is a good entertaining meeting ,,that the riders stay safe,, and the weather is fine,, unfortunatly while i would love to be there to support our Ben and the rest of the lads I have a gig in hampshire tonight...Not happy but we all have to work sometimes...

Also there are a fair number of speedway fans who enjoy watching the USA boys --and a very hard working UK committee of people who work damn hard to make sure the tours are a success.

I have had an approach to bring a team of young Dutch riders to race in the UK on a short tour but wonder what response they would receive from the critics of touring sides ?

For God's sake give all these boys a chance . It has cost them a small fortune to be here and they come with the ambitions of impressing and maybe getting a UK team berth one day as well as having bigger goals.

Off my soapbox now !!  See you at Coventry on Friday , Rye House Saturday and Buxton Sunday.

and you haven't mentioned the benefit to the brit lads who ride against them what they gain from it. I know it's not the same tour but the meeting at Leicester last year was excellent.

Yes and those same Rye House supporters have the right to attend or not as in much the same way that they have the right to add their thoughts to a thread that contains the title RYE HOUSE.

Personally I prefer to spend my hard earned money following the Rockets away from home.

garrity is a national league rider he is no bettter than a lot of the nl boys

He is the curent NL Riders champion which suggests he is better than the vast majority of the NL boys Edited by Shadders

So you think bouncing around the IOW will in any way prepare them for the U21? At least your honest about the real reason, the hope 1 might get a break in the PL.

Re U21 prep - yes cos its a big track like IOW. Re PL - of course, thats the ultimate goal.

Am I right in assuming these USA teams are basically by invitation with riders funding their own costs, less money raised by donations etc in America? In other words riders - and there have been some good ones - who are prepared to make their own outlay on costs to visit the UK.

Cold windy and pretty empty. Hope its good racing :-(

Night getting better I caught the 2 pound coin from the toss :-))

Meeting abandoned, cant say I'm to upset, I was sooooooooooo cold tonight.

Ben Morley had engine problem and appeared to lose power on 4th bend. Aaron Fox ploughed into him. Ben walked back to pits nursing a bad back and Fox spent about 30 mins on track being looked at by paramedics.

It appears Fox was knocked out and requires to be checked out at Hospital. County ambulance not available for at least 30 mins so track ambulance to take him. Len asked for show of hands to see if spectators wanted to wait for ambulance to return but by 6 hands to 2 hands it was decided by all the spectators to finish meeting and go home to warm up.

PS. Steve Boxall out on track during interval doing some practice laps. Anybody got any ideas where he's going to now ???

Meeting abandoned, cant say I'm to upset, I was sooooooooooo cold tonight.

Ben Morley had engine problem and appeared to lose power on 4th bend. Aaron Fox ploughed into him. Ben walked back to pits nursing a bad back and Fox spent about 30 mins on track being looked at by paramedics.

It appears Fox was knocked out and requires to be checked out at Hospital. County ambulance not available for at least 30 mins so track ambulance to take him. Len asked for show of hands to see if spectators wanted to wait for ambulance to return but by 6 hands to 2 hands it was decided by all the spectators to finish meeting and go home to warm up.

PS. Steve Boxall out on track during interval doing some practice laps. Anybody got any ideas where he's going to now ???

Hope all riders are Ok (updates say it was Black and not Fox in the crash? - mind you it also said there was no interval)