British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Kings Lynn - K O Cup 1st Leg - Sunday 15th April 2012

From the Official Mildenhall website -

Mildenhall Fen Tigers begin their defence of the National League Knock-Out Cup this weekend with the first leg of a mouthwatering encounter against local rivals King's Lynn Young Stars at West Row on Sunday (15th April 4.30pm).

After opening their season with a narrow win over Dudley in the National Shield last weekend, co-promoter Michael Lee is fully awa...re his side will have to up the ante if they are to build up a good lead to take to the Norfolk Arena next month.

"We were delighted with the way the boys performed against Dudley, but they were clearly still a bit race rusty after the winter lay off and they'll need to be at their best against Lynn. The opener helped blow the cobwebs away but everyone knows this is where the serious stuff starts. I know I saw enough to know we are capable of great things again this year. Joe Jacobs showed the natural talent we all know he's got and the youngsters Nathan (Stoneman) and Josh (Bates) showed what huge potential they have.

"But make no mistake, the Young Stars are tracking the best team I can remember them putting together, so we will have to be at our best to get the big lead I think we'll need."

Lee continued, "There is also the small matter of local bragging rights too! We were unbeaten by the Young Stars last season and we aim to keep it that way! I also hope, now they have a much stronger team, that the Lynn fans will head to West Row on Sunday and help create a carnival atmosphere for a potentially great meeting."

Skipper Lewis Blackbird is looking forward to the derby clash as well. "Although King's Lynn have have no out and out top rider they are very solid so I’ll be making sure the boys are fired up and ready to go. We’ve already been talking to each other this week about winning this one and winning it big! There is nothing more that I want than to be the Fen Tigers captain lifting the Cup at the end of the season and keeping it in Suffolk!"

Before Sunday's cup-tie, Tigers stars Stefan Neilsen and Joe Jacobs are scheduled to line up in the rearranged Britsih Under 21 semi-final at Stoke on Saturday night .

Mildenhall Fen Tigers:

1 Cameron Heeps 9.18

2 Joe Jacobs 6.27

3 Stefan Nielsen 5.28

4 Daniel Halsey 4.76

5 Lewis Blackbird © 7.01

6 Nathan Stoneman 3.00

7 Josh Bates 3.00

Team Manager: Robert Henry

King's Lynn Young Stars:

1. James Cockle 7.47 ©

2. Brendan Johnson 5.52

3. Lewis Kerr 5.55

4. Adam Lowe 5.62

5. Jake Knight 6.59

6. Tom Stokes 3.71

7. Scott Campos 5.27

Team Manager: Dale Allitt

Looks another potentially cracking meeting against a strong looking Kings Lynn team. Also afterwards there will be a second half Junior Challenge meeting between The Complete Car Services Fen Tigers and the Kings Lynn Lightning.

Looking to forward to this one , even more now as my thursday speedway fix was called off at the last minute .

Cam and Joe already look like they will become a formidable partnership at this level !

My prediction is 50-40 to Mildenhall

To confirm there will be a Junior Challenge Meeting on Sunday following the main meeting between The Complete Car Services Fen Tiger Cubs and Kings Lynn Lightning, teams as follows -

The Complete Car Services Mildenhall Fen Tiger Cubs

1. Josh Bates

2. Joe Graver

3. Niall Strudwick

4. Tyler Govier

Kings Lynn Lightning

1. Lewis Rose

2. Adam Portwood

3. Liam Rumsey

4. Adam Kirby

There will also be match races between Josh Bailey and Ollie Weldrick

Should be there cheering lynn on :)

Should be there cheering lynn on :)

I'll be there cheering on Mildenhall ;)

• Like 1

i will also be there i reckon mildenhall will win this 48-42

Joe looked pretty quick last week and should strike up a good partnership with cam hopefully they will look out for each other this week :)

good luck to both teams and no injurys please :D

I'll be there cheering on Mildenhall ;)

I'd best shout louder then!What time do the gates open?

I see on the updates that jake knight has a suspected broken ankle so don't think he will be riding this afternoon unless he makes a quick recovery! Do anyone know who is going to replace him? After watching Andy mountain the other week he looked very fast in the Anglia development league may be worth a shot instead of r/r

Far be it from me to appear sarcastic but the weather looks good so can I ask a small favour ? Can somebody keep everyone away from the track with drinks please ? After all we wouldnt want it to be called off at the last minute due to spilt tea on the racing surface would we ? ( tongue firmly in cheek )

I can't believe there is not one single fan of either team that can be bothered to post something on here. About 5 mins away so hope It's still on even though just driven through heavy rain.

I can't believe there is not one single fan of either team that can be bothered to post something on here. About 5 mins away so hope It's still on even though just driven through heavy rain.

I can't believe there is not one single fan of either team that can be bothered to post something on here.

I can't believe there is not one single fan of either team that can be bothered to post something on here.

Sorry, looks like phone has gone mental and for some reason I cant edit it.