Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

It's usually the season. Should be on tonight, I not checked yet but the whole of the races were on over the weekend....that is rare.

No I meant the live coverage OveFF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

No I meant the live coverage OveFF.

I doubt it. BT had the contract, That part of BT now joined into Discovery owners and called TNT. They have big football contracts that cost them a lot of money, so TNT charges to the punter are not cheap. Of course "not cheap" to one person is easily affordable to another. 

Discovery+ gives me all the speedway GPs for £6.99 per month, plus the speedway world cup (or whatever called this year, the British Final plus other bits, and world superbikes (all rounds), then I watch snooker, arious ski sports, cycle cross, mountain bike and such like. Good value for money IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TesarRacing said:

Is this for the season Tim do you know or selected races?

I think in recent years they have done 2 live GP’s and one is normally the British. 

Hopefully as this is so early in the season they might do a few more.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

COTA's this weekend. What's your predictions for MotoGP?

I think it could be Martin, Pecco and Acosta in that order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2024 at 9:57 AM, TesarRacing said:

COTA's this weekend. What's your predictions for MotoGP?

I think it could be Martin, Pecco and Acosta in that order.

Difficult to predict.  What I would like to see is KTM with Binder and Aprilia with Vinhales and/or Espargaro get into the results. Too much going Ducati way. May as well have a Ducati GP Championship.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2024 at 9:57 AM, TesarRacing said:

COTA's this weekend. What's your predictions for MotoGP?

I think it could be Martin, Pecco and Acosta in that order.

Would be very surprised if Marquez is not in the top 3 with his COTA record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Would be very surprised if Marquez is not in the top 3 with his COTA record.

It's very possible. It's a shame the like of Quatararro, Mir, Rins, Miller are not in the mix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really pleased Vinhales won the sprint race at COTA. Acosta just losing out in 4th, top KTM rider again…..his day will come, he is doing amazingly well. 
Only one Honda finished and that was Marini in last (17th) of the finishers. Feel sorry for Rins (16th), he is a quality rider now stuck on a Yamaha and maybe without a ride next year, though Yamaha should keep him as he is a good developer……amd that is what Yamaha need if they are going to get back. Quatararo finished just ahead of him, but he has chosen the money so I have no real sympathy for him. Are Aprilia on the verge of really coming good? Their 4 bikes in the top 11 is pretty good. Love to see them successful after years of being mocked for being tail end Charlie’s. 
Roll on todays main race, then to watch highlights on Monday evening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2024 at 11:04 AM, Tim G said:

Would be very surprised if Marquez is not in the top 3 with his COTA record.

It's very possible. It's a shame the like of Quatararro, Mir, Rims, Miller are not in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really very pleased Vinhales won. To come back from 11th in that field of riders is amazing. Acosta went extremely well, maybe just tired out towards the end. Honda really down in the dumps. How that can be I just can't figure, I know Marquez was an exceptional rider, but Hondas performance is really bad. Interesting what Quatararro said....... "Yamaha did more testing in this one meeting than the whole of last year". If that is so, I can't understand how he put up with it and resigned for next year. Maybe it was the $12million dangled in front of him. Never really enjoyed the meeting at COTA but got to admit it was really exciting this year, in all three classes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Really very pleased Vinhales won. To come back from 11th in that field of riders is amazing. Acosta went extremely well, maybe just tired out towards the end. Honda really down in the dumps. How that can be I just can't figure, I know Marquez was an exceptional rider, but Hondas performance is really bad. Interesting what Quatararro said....... "Yamaha did more testing in this one meeting than the whole of last year". If that is so, I can't understand how he put up with it and resigned for next year. Maybe it was the $12million dangled in front of him. Never really enjoyed the meeting at COTA but got to admit it was really exciting this year, in all three classes.

The problem that Fabio had was that I doubt Ducati were interested due to the level of talent that they already have at there disposal so the best bike on the grid was not an option for him.

Aprillia were rumoured to be interested but I expect he did'nt think they could build him a title winning bike. 

It sounds like Yamaha are starting to throw big bucks at it by securing Ducati engineers and are being quite aggressive in trying to secure a satelite team. I get the feeling big promises were made to him getting him to sign a new contract.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He would have been fine with Aprilia. Remember Aleix almost took the title a few years ago but blew it in the second half of the season, it showed it's potential.  KTM is pretty good too. Brad Binder not been too bad, and Acosta is doing really well and he not on factory bike (will be next year).  I hope Yamaha do make it back, cannot afford to loose another team.. And good to hear BMW might be in it in 2026.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

He would have been fine with Aprilia. Remember Aleix almost took the title a few years ago but blew it in the second half of the season, it showed it's potential.  KTM is pretty good too. Brad Binder not been too bad, and Acosta is doing really well and he not on factory bike (will be next year).  I hope Yamaha do make it back, cannot afford to loose another team.. And good to hear BMW might be in it in 2026.

KTM wouldn’t have been an option I suspect as Binder is already signed up for next season and it would be a shock if Acosta did not join him. So it would be Tech 3 if there was a vacancy and he’s not going to leave a factory team for that ride.

No rider in his prime has yet gone to Aprillia as they aren’t really looked on as a championship winning team but hopefully Maverick can put a good run in this season and that might change.

BMW is 2027;when the regulations change to smaller engines and less aerodynamics.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Marquez in red and Martin to Aprillia.

Looks like Marquez turned down Pramac so that cost Martin the factory Ducati ride.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2024 at 5:38 PM, Tim G said:

So Marquez in red and Martin to Aprillia.

Looks like Marquez turned down Pramac so that cost Martin the factory Ducati ride.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out next year as they clearly don't get on and I think Marquez will ruffle a few feathers...........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy