British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brandonbee48

Smederna V Hammarby. Live- But Pay!

Today sees the start of the Allsvenskan league racing in Eskilstuna. However the powers that be have decided to make this a "pay-stream" event. The cost works out to about 4.80 UK Pounds. For myself in the USA about $ 7.25. I have bought it and it was a very simple process here.

http://www.speedwayallsvenskan.se/

Since up to now it has been free i thought i had better alert everyone beforehand, since i've been banging on about it on various forums. Whether this is a "one-off" to guage reaction. we shall see. I've become a real fan of Smederna and Allsvenskan over the years, so for me it was no contest. Our trusted correspondent Ghostwalker seemed to feel it was a tad high and i agree but we shall see. I see from Smederna's website that it is half of the regular admission charge.

http://www.ikarossmederna.nu/

Laguppställningarna:

Ikaros Smederna:

1. Magnus Zetterström (K)

2. Linus Eklöf

3. Szymon Wozniak

4. Ricky Kling

5. Kenni Larsen

6. Henrik Karlsson

7. Daniel Henderson

8. Oliver Berntzon

Hammarby Speedway:

1. Troy Batchelor

2. Dennis Andersson (K)

3. Adrian Miedzinski

4. Sebastian Aldén

5. Rory Schlein

6. Alexander Edberg

7. Kamil Brzozowski

8. Christian Agö

Finally the weather forecast is the dreaded "showers" :cry: but we shall see.

http://www.weather.c...71249,16.509805

Begins at 5.55pm UK time.

This really is "You pays yer money and yer makes yer choice."

I'll be on here and we'll see if anyone else joins me.

Edited by brandonbee48

Hi anyone and everyone. Stream is perfect and the weather looks good. On with the racing. :t:

Minimum deposit £10 so Im not indulging Im afraid.

But any updates on Rory would be much appreciated! Thanks

Minimum deposit £10 so Im not indulging Im afraid.

But any updates on Rory would be much appreciated! Thanks

3rd in his first race. Looking down at his bike!

3rd in his first race. Looking down at his bike!

Don't blame the bike! LOL

13-17 after 5. Kenni was 2nd in his first. Lousy gate but got through to second. I'll wait to see how much they bill my credit cad!

Heat 6. Andersson mangles the tapes and is ex.

6. Kling VERY hard on Batchelor and Wozniak lays it down to avoid Troy. Race continues. 3-3. 16-20

Heat 7 -rerun .Someone moved. There are no graphics or replays.

7. Magnus beats Miedzinski 4-2. 20-22

8. Wozniak beats Schlein. 3-3. Smed.23-Hamm. 25

9. Batch gates and is gone. Really good ride from Larsen to take Andersson for 2nd. 2-4. Now 25-29

10. Schlein by a mile over Magnus. 2-4. 27-33. Now for a long interval.

Sorry this is not great reporting . There are no graphics. The sound cuts off during a race. There is only one camera and whilst this is fine it is difficult to pin down. It is the same as the free streams, when you don't mind, but if they want anyone to pay in future they have to do better. Hey i LOVE it but they should give more if they charge. I forecast it will be back to free next week. Alan

11. Henrik Karlson falls lap 2. Up and okay. Hammarby are going to walk this comfortably.

Ago, Edberg 5-1 over Berntzon. !-5. Now 28-38

12. Comfortable for Miedzinski over Larsen, Kling and Andersson at the rear. 3-3. now 31-41

13. Batch comfy over Eklof and Wozniak. 3-3. 34-44.

14. Larsen beats Schlein. Magnus 3rd. 4-2. 38-46.

one heat to go. Track being graded. Batchelor and Miedzinski really stood out. Larsen tried hard for Smederna and Wozniak looks a good prospect. NOT a very exciting meeting and the lack of graphics, no sound at all during races, only one camera as it always has been means a reluctant "thumbs down" for a pay event. We've had it for free for a few years and really that's about what it is worh. Great music though for old farts!

Wozniak, Larsen, Miedzinski and Andersson in 15.

Best race of the night-always the way! Larsen beats Miedzinski in a cracker with Wozniak 3rd. 4-2. 42-48. Hammarby just too good.

That's all folks. Alan.

Edited by brandonbee48
  • Like 1

Go Hammarby!! whoop whoop! :lol::party:

Loving it as i do, you made the right decision not to pay. I wouldn't do it again. Regards. Alan.

Fantastic impartial reporting-how did you manage that ? :lol:

Old age!(smiley). Do you remember the days when it appeared that you and i were the only ones watching a stop-start stream? Well today felt even lonelier! I figured the best thing to do was to do "updates" for those who were on. Apologies to those who would have liked it more professional! In mitigation, i am a two finger symphony typist, and i had a home made score sheet courtesy of Ghostwalker. It was EXACTLY as we always watch it. No graphics, 1 camera from on high, no replays and they even cut the sound off as soon as the tapes went up. No noise, no nuttin'. I kept trying to hear the announcer before every race- i could obviously recognise some riders (from the front only with the camera) and it was not the greatest! So folks, if your favourite rider didn't get a mention, SORRY. In all seriousness, hindsight says stream it for free because you can't expect people to pay for a single camera stream- which was very good, by the way. I hope our friend Ghostwalker can convey feedback to them in Swedish. Anyhow, on to the weekend and have a great time in Poland and may the weather gods smile on you. Best Wishes. Alan.

Do you remember the days when it appeared that you and i were the only ones watching a stop-start stream?

:blink:

You have both only been here a few years and the stop start stream was just a couple of years back.You are talking as if it was the good old days last century :rofl:

Now if you remember the days when Liverstam + Tarabanko/Zetters were giving us the news from Sweden and Tommy from Zielona Gora was our Polish correspondent in the days before Google Chrome translated everything into gobbledygook instantly,when SCB + Jill ,although sparing in their use of the alphabet for their 'nicks' accounted for about 50% of the daily posts on here.....the days before the Fairies and the Mexicans were causing havoc....the times when Bila Hora was so fascinated by Poland and the sweet bisexual angel Kitten also from the Green Mountain town were amongst our midst....when Sandman used to sail in and confuse us with his tales of life on the ocean waves and what he and his crew used to do in their spare time....then and only then can you start going dewy eyed at the old times.........and even they were only about 7 or 8 years back :t:

No.They are plenty on here who have been watching Polish and Swedish streams or looking in to updates and getting dvd's sent to us from friends abroad.We might not post after or during every meeting or after every heat,but we are here all the same.Have been for years and will be for years to come i hope.Good health to one and all :lol: