British Speedway Forum
MrMungo

Live Danish Speedway On Tv

I'm sure i speak for the other non-Danish speakers, that we really appreciate info given, as above. Danish, Swedish, Polish- i'm too old to learn them all, but for speedways sake i should. :lol:

Alan.

flash gits..two tractors and a water truck.....don't know why the water truck is going around the the dark clouds will have that covered..

Water truck always goes round even when it doesn't water the track.It packs the shale down.....

Obviously i hope he is going to be okay. If not, that really screws both Smederna and Coventry's season. Not that i think the Bees are serious contenders with the long tail they opted for.

It certainly does bring home the very real dangers lurking during every second of a speedway race. Some might watch and think they have settled into their places and will in effect 'ride' around until the end of the race. However at the speeds they are going it only takes a seconds worth of lack of concentration, catching a rut or hole in the track at the wrong angle, or a part of the bike failing suddenly and then the damaging speed they are going at shows up in it's violent hurling around of a human body that can't do much to protect itself.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Paul, why you can never pay these guys enough. Heroes every one of them. I had a go once- scared me xhitless. That was enough to consign me to the terraces for the rest of my days.

Alan.

why has the meeting stopped are they waiting for an ambulance

That's my assumption. Perhaps one of our Danish speakers can update us.

Alan.

free-confused-smileys-423.gif

Edited by screamer

Yeah, Larsen had to go to hospital, or they had to wait for an ambulance.

Outrup is not particulary close to any hospital, so it takes time.

Claes Nedermark said that Larsen also has an arm injury, but they don't know if it's broken or not.

Ambulance is on the way back from Esbjerg hospital now.

Larsen withdrawn, and Raun replaces him in the rest of his rides.

Yeah, Larsen had to go to hospital, or they had to wait for an ambulance.

Outrup is not particulary close to any hospital, so it takes time.

Claes Nedermark said that Larsen also has an arm injury, but they don't know if it's broken or not.

Much appreciated.

i wonder if any of the car drivers on the track are tempted to floor it and go a skid ?

I spy something beginning with C

Feel guilty toddling of out for a few hours now especially if, as is likely, Kenni on his way to hospital!

Popping out to the pub for a few drinks and get back to update the League tables* before we settle down to watch Nascar into the early hours of the morning. Then SGP and Nascar again tomorrow night, it's a good start to the weekend.

Enjoy the rest of the meeting all. It's been a good week of Speedway with lots of meetings available.

Ditto in the thanks of the appreciation of the translations given for us.

*(ok will very likely have to delegate that task to one of the ladies staying at home, they're doing their own thing until we get back)

Edited by manchesterpaul

Often havelong delays in Denmark waiting for an ambulance to get back to the track.A few years ago now they had to decide either cancel the meeting or tell the fans to leave so they could continue.According to Peter S from Slangerup the ambulance is actaully there for crowd safety rather than ridersafety.The meeting can continue without an ambulance as long as no fans are in the stadium!

Up early tomorrow to go first to Vojens to see the stars of the future including young Australian/Dane Jason Jorgensen,son of former Coventry rider John.Then probably up to Holsted for 1.division meeting.

Hansen on double points (joker they call it there) in the re-run.

FOR THE SAKE OF THOSE FAITHFUL FANS THERE, WHO HAVE WAITED THIS OUT, I HOPE THOSE NASTY BLACK CLOUDS FLOATING AROUND DON'T DUMP THEIR LOAD ON THE TRACK. THAT REALLY WOULD BE A KICK IN THE TEETH.