British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Killer Cat from Mars

Buxton Vs Dudley Nlkoc Sunday 6th May

Looking forward to my first visit of the season to Britain's most picturesque setting for a speedway track. Let's hope the Hitmen can build up a decent lead to take back to the Midlands. I imagine it could be a little arctic up in the hills so wrap up warm everyone!

C'mon the Hitmen.

Edited by Killer Cat from Mars

going to be a tuff one for hitmen roynon and bekker always go well at high edge a lott will depend on branford and mckinna ipriesty and felton will be ok its at res we might come unstuck but if blacklock can make a gate in heat two he should win it so come on hitmen hitem for six

Always good meetings between us and dudley, hoping we can build up a good lead for 2nd leg on tuesday.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm (or a message to my mobile if you have my number)

Thanks

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm (or a message to my mobile if you have my number)

Thanks

Think there are updates on the Hitmen Twitter site if you dont get anyone Sue. Weather is dry but coldish so wrap up warm anyone who is coming.

Think there are updates on the Hitmen Twitter site if you dont get anyone Sue. Weather is dry but coldish so wrap up warm anyone who is coming.

Coldish ? the master (or is that mistress ?) of the understatement :D

Can you tell me the teams please, Jayne ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Coldish ? the master (or is that mistress ?) of the understatement :D

Can you tell me the teams please, Jayne ?

Positively tropical at Buxton today on a day with little wind and some sunshine!! A well prepared track and some good racing but Dudley were just too strong for Buxton.

Well done to Rob, looks like his machine problems that have plagued him are sorted.

Wasnt it a few years back that Buxton were stopped from using a rider because he got signed up for the PL.

So how come now a few teams have riders that are riding not only PL, but EL and a cpl of teams have two PL riders and i think one may even have three.

Seems like double standars and i cant really see how this is helping the National League, if there isnt sufficient riders maybe they should be allowing one

commonwealth rider on a 5 point assesed average per team.

Junior

I think Buxton need to revise their catering, the food normally runs out when Dudley are there (she's not used to a crowd) but to run out by heat one is not acceptable. Surely there is a fridge in these catering vans and it makes bussiness sense to come prepared, and to read the fixtures list might be a good idea. Poor turn out of Dudley fans Yesterday and still by heat one theses nothing left

I think Buxton need to revise their catering, the food normally runs out when Dudley are there (she's not used to a crowd) but to run out by heat one is not acceptable. Surely there is a fridge in these catering vans and it makes bussiness sense to come prepared, and to read the fixtures list might be a good idea. Poor turn out of Dudley fans Yesterday and still by heat one theses nothing left

We understood your point the first time, no need to repeat yourself. :)

The person concerned doesn't follow speedway so doesn't know whether Dudley will bring one man and a dog or 30 coach loads. She also has another commitment before arriving at Buxton. I'd have worried if was sold out before heat 1 but once the racing started, you ought to have been watching that not thinking of your stomach. :)

It was sent from mobile don't know why it repeated. Its not really the issue if the burger lady follows the speedway or not (Buxton management know Dudley fans don't follow in 2's and 3's, so they inform the lady), if there's a service to be provided then there should be no excuses. Some of had a distance to travel and would have been nice to have some food available, if she has a prior commitment then maybe as i said the catering arrangements need to be revised. If the basic amenities can't be provided that what chance has the rest to follow. It's not as the food would be wasted there's normally a freezer on these vans. Not really good enough is it Neil H, and not a one off. I went at the start of heat 1 and there was nothing there.

not only had the food run out but also the water in the changing rooms did not arrive again i was told and no paper towels or water in the gents .come on buxton get it sorted or you will loose support people need these things to be right please dont follow belle vue into oblivion perhaps the water and towels were among the things stolen last week .

not only had the food run out but also the water in the changing rooms did not arrive again i was told and no paper towels or water in the gents .come on buxton get it sorted or you will loose support people need these things to be right please dont follow belle vue into oblivion perhaps the water and towels were among the things stolen last week .

Paper towels and hand sanitiser (water not needed) were placed in the gents prior to the start of the meeting. Perhaps it would be a good idea to tell someone at the track if they run out so they can be replenished instead of writing on here after the event when it is too late.

• Like 1