British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Adam Lowe

After crashing out of last Wednesday's meeting and mangling his bike up, I'm hearing he's considering quitting speedway all together. There has to be something to keep this kid on track???

He is a proper talented British prospect. There must be something the BSPA can do???

I dare say it a collection at the next King's Lynn home meeting would be a good place to start.

Lewis Blackbird is out for a while aswell, and if I heard correctly, the Mildenhall supporters raised approx £850 for him. (I don't know where that figure came from, it just sticks in my head for some reason).

It would be a start, although clearly wouldn't cover everything.

I think it'd be wishful thinking to get the BSPA involved. I know the costs are horrendous, but who's to say X rider should get some money and not Y rider?

I dare say it a collection at the next King's Lynn home meeting would be a good place to start.

Lewis Blackbird is out for a while aswell, and if I heard correctly, the Mildenhall supporters raised approx £850 for him. (I don't know where that figure came from, it just sticks in my head for some reason).

It would be a start, although clearly wouldn't cover everything.

I think it'd be wishful thinking to get the BSPA involved. I know the costs are horrendous, but who's to say X rider should get some money and not Y rider?

Exactly. It is a minefield and one that the BSPA would never enter. If every rider who needs help just went to the BSPA, and was given it, what would be the incentive to find their own backers/sponsors. You know what happens when riders get bikes or tuning free, they have the perfect excuse to blame the giver when they don't perform as they should. The BSPA anyway don't have that sort of money to give, even allowing for the SKY contract payments. I would agree with helping the younger riders when they get picked for representative teams, but that would be monetary and not great in value.

Exactly. It is a minefield and one that the BSPA would never enter. If every rider who needs help just went to the BSPA, and was given it, what would be the incentive to find their own backers/sponsors. You know what happens when riders get bikes or tuning free, they have the perfect excuse to blame the giver when they don't perform as they should. The BSPA anyway don't have that sort of money to give, even allowing for the SKY contract payments. I would agree with helping the younger riders when they get picked for representative teams, but that would be monetary and not great in value.

Can't disagree with most of the above, both Lewis and Adam were innocent parties.

Maybe a collection at next KL Elite league meeting? although not convinced that would work - given the distance between EL & NL.

Regrettably the short sightedness of both Sky and the EL will negate the obvious answer, as it is all about the short term fix. Sky could get a tremendous amount of exposure if they sponsored the NL and ran features during their excellent coverage of the league season and raise awareness of a "develop young Brits" programme - the EL? Take one example - Poole ( and they are not the only ones ) - How many Brits?

Hope Adam carries on, but ( if he calls it a day ) can understand the frustration.

Kev

Has been a lot of support for Adam who is riding tonight. Hopefully a bike fund will be set up to help all the young riders at KL.