British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
djp45

What Is Going On At Leicester ?

Does Ronnie Allen cover meetings in the Midlands and South or is he mostly a Northern ref? Serious question because I wonder if referees are given meetings fairly near to where they live, hence Tony Steele being in charge of Leicester last night (allegedly.)

[/font][/color]

I really don't see how the same person can be in charge of the track and be a team manager as well, especially when Glyn, by all accounts, seems to spend most of his time grading the track. Has this scenario happened anywhere else?

Think the refs are covering all over the country Dont think Ronnie Allen is based in the north and is not at Berwick that often

Ronnie Allen lives south of Bristol in Clevedon.

Thanks,knew him when he was in Scotland in the Sixties,Pretty sure he was the man who set Pernod sponsership for Ivan Mauger and was involved with him for anumber of years.Knew he was in Bristol years ago but wasn't sure if he was still there.

Thanks,knew him when he was in Scotland in the Sixties,Pretty sure he was the man who set Pernod sponsership for Ivan Mauger and was involved with him for anumber of years.Knew he was in Bristol years ago but wasn't sure if he was still there.

it wasn`t that good to quote it 4 times :lol:

• Like 1

it wasn`t that good to quote it 4 times :lol:

Perhaps somone can tell me why this happens although it is usually only twice :D Have no ides why this happens

Well Leicester speedway have oplagised for last night and if fans can tell them what can be done to make it better they say that there are some things that they know needs changing but they would like to know what we think. A bit late for that for some fans

Leicester Lions Speedway Team

about an hour ago

Apology

Last night’s meeting should have been a night to remember but for many reasons it did not turn out that way and we apologise for the length of time it took to complete. Apart from one or two occasions when things have not gone so smoothly we think we can all say that overall the season has been a success. People have said just that, but we are not foolish to think that everything is perfect. So we would like to hear from you about the things where we fall short so we can address the issues. Some we will be aware of and are currently being addressed and others will no doubt be surprises so don’t hold back.

We will be handing out feedback forms at our next meeting on Friday 28th September so give us the good, the bad and the ugly and we promise to publish the findings and what we are going to do about addressing the issues.

David and Alan

I think that's fair enough.

Edited by mrcts
  • Like 2

Leicester have just released an e-mail to all e-mail subscribers apologising for the length last nights meeting took to complete. They say they realise things aren't perfect

and are going to hand out feedback forms at the next meeting so fans can have there say & all the results will made public.This is good news but can't help thinking they should hand the forms out at the 1st play-off meeting when they will be a much bigger crowd & will get a bigger response, rather than hand them out at the development league meeting when with all due respect to the young lads competing i don't the crowd will be particularly big especially as its on a friday rather than the usual weekend meeting.

This should have been done at the end of last season. But i hope they will listen to the fans this time and do the things the say there going to do to put things right

• Like 1

Leicester have just released an e-mail to all e-mail subscribers apologising for the length last nights meeting took to complete. They say they realise things aren't perfect

and are going to hand out feedback forms at the next meeting so fans can have there say & all the results will made public.This is good news but can't help thinking they should hand the forms out at the 1st play-off meeting when they will be a much bigger crowd & will get a bigger response, rather than hand them out at the development league meeting when with all due respect to the young lads competing i don't the crowd will be particularly big especially as its on a friday rather than the usual weekend meeting.

Good to see an apology made - takes big men to do that and i appreciate it. There were difficult circumstances especially the considerable damage to the fence early on but the lengthy track grading and then the slowness in getting riders out on track compounded those delays.

Still fair play that the club recognise there need to be improvements and that's a positive thing.

• Like 3

Well Leicester speedway have oplagised for last night and if fans can tell them what can be done to make it better they say that there are some things that they know needs changing but they would like to know what we think. A bit late for that for some fans

My God!!! What do you want!!?? How many promotions would have done what DH and the team have just done? They have acknowledged that the meeting wasn't run as smoothley as it might have been and have also requested suggestions for other improvements. Over the (nearly) two seasons that The Lions have been back, improvements have been made and attempts to alter the track have taken place. This seems to imply that DH and Co DO listen to the fans and are more than willing to make further improvements.

Will there ever come a time when will you will stop banging on about how poor things are at BP? Maybe you should get behind the team, both on and off track, and offer some support instead of spouting all of your negativity on this forum. Workington could be on the verge of closing, and two or three others have been mentioned as well, because of a lack of support. If you don't want speedway to go under in Leicester, may I suggest that you get yourself down to the track once in a while and shout for your team? It may not be perfect (for you), but I think they are heading in the right direction with the development, and the alternative is for it not to be there at all. What would you sooner have?

I don't want to upset anyone but I get really fed up with the endless digs at Leicester speedway and the promotion. For heavens sake, give them some credit for what has been acheived so far!!

• Like 3

Ok, so it was good that they emailed people to say sorry but how many of those people are on email who left early and how many will return, this is not the first time they have messed up, its been happening throughout the season. Also last season people were saying the track was wrong, did they listen to the fans then, no so why do people think they will listen now, they are running scared that this was the final nail in the BP coffin when fans have really had enough.

Back to last night, does anyone think apart of the problem could of been caused partly by taylor and attwood apparent dislike of each other or is this not the case,just a thought

Its good that they have acknowledged the problem. the first thing they need to do is note the weather conditions. On a bitterly cold night the pre-match introduction of the riders could be speeded up. Then the first race cracked on with ASAP. After that allow the REF to dictate the speed the meeting is run, not the tractor drivers!

Apart from that I still came away very impressed with what I witnessed. The track looks like it should be capable of producing some good racing- love the banking!- and the whole place is terrific I think.

I wish Leicester well in the future. The Promotion and fans can be very proud of what has been achieved in such a short time. I can see you going Elite at some point in the not too distant future, should the desire be there.

• Like 1

Leicester Lions Speedway Team

about an hour ago

Apology

Last night's meeting should have been a night to remember but for many reasons it did not turn out that way and we apologise for the length of time it took to complete. Apart from one or two occasions when things have not gone so smoothly we think we can all say that overall the season has been a success. People have said just that, but we are not foolish to think that everything is perfect. So we would like to hear from you about the things where we fall short so we can address the issues. Some we will be aware of and are currently being addressed and others will no doubt be surprises so don't hold back.

We will be handing out feedback forms at our next meeting on Friday 28th September so give us the good, the bad and the ugly and we promise to publish the findings and what we are going to do about addressing the issues.

David and Alan

I think that's fair enough.

I agree, well done by the promotion for doing this. Unlike how some people would like the promoter/s to be percieved, in my eyes they've always appeared open and have always stepped up to the plate with regards to issues surrounding the club. I'm not sure how much blame can be laid at their door for tuesday, they looked as non-plussed with proceedings as me when i saw them heading for the pits mid meeting. I think they probably do have to take some blame for not controlling the clerks and tractors actions but i don't see what they could have done about the ref. I suppose the main issue is that any problems such as we encountered on tuesday just exaccerbates the lack of on-track entertainment problems we generally put up with and the whole thing gets very depressing for all concerned. If the entertainment on track was better the pratting about that happened on Tuesday would probably just have been another side issue.

It would be nice to see the promotion put in writing their assurances that track alterations are still happening this winter.

Oh, and the final slap in my face on tuesday was the chicken and mushroom pie i bought to eat on the walk back to my car being cold; but in it's defence it had been there waiting to be purchased for longer than anyone would have expected!.

Mick.

My God!!! What do you want!!??

I don't want to upset anyone but I get really fed up with the endless digs at Leicester speedway and the promotion. For heavens sake, give them some credit for what has been acheived so far!!

What do you expect.

I've been to every home league meeting at BP since the sport returned.

Plus away meetings at Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Redcar, Rye House. The Fours at Peterborough the PLRC at Sheffield. I think it's safe to say that I do support Leicester Lions.

Yes as a team they have done very well this year, I don't think anyone is disputing the fact.

But, anyone who goes to speedway on a regular basis would say, its a terrible track. The meetings are so long and drawn out , they are for ever grading the track which makes no difference to the speedway at all.

Its just not an enjoyable experience. Of course people will moan.................because there is something to moan about.

• Like 2