British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
djp45

What Is Going On At Leicester ?

Maybe that is the new danish signing,a hot dog seller?They do make extremely good hot dogs in Denmark

• Like 2

Also the hot dog seller quit before the last home match. He was working at the Tigers Rugby match. How could Hemsley allow that to happen?

Hope this is a wind up as now the crowds are going down there's always loads left at the end for a quid :lol:

Also the hot dog seller quit before the last home match. He was working at the Tigers Rugby match. How could Hemsley allow that to happen?

Maybe you would like to join Hemsley in a new venture and sell Hotdogs! Just don't argue who fries the onions or who cuts the buns!

It's been a very interesting week with rumours flying around on this and the Plymouth thread, Having read all the posts on here and the Plymouth thread and in best Miss Marple style I've now added my 2 and 2 and made the following 5. All the following info can be gleaned somewhere or other in these two threads and kind of make perfect sense. How close do you think i am?

Riders have not been happy with the track and V Scunthorpe the riders had the proper hump over the track so in response Mr Hemsley and the management decided they need to get Glyn back involved. This is a problem because Jason Atwood specifically asked for him to be removed last winter as he thought rather than change the track he could get someone he knew in who could improve the track racing but still leave it as a trick track that had a huge home advantage (also saving a few quid!).Because this would save a few quid and hes such a nice guy and with only Leicester's future at heart Mr Hemsley agrees and it's on your way Glyn and because glyn has been talking on the speedway forums we can use that as the reason (i've added the bit about the forum). So Jason Atwood says i don't want Glyn back involved and if you do you are undermining my authority and i will have to resign if you insist on him returning.. 'it's him or me'. It's Jason. Glyn gets Jason's management role and in an interview with Chris Popple, Glyn points out 'what comes aound goes around'.

So here is what we are left with. We've lost a team manager whose influence meant we kept the same track track over the winter (or 'it wasn't me, it's the riders who wanted Glyn out you understand') and in his place we've now got someone involved again who has been on here and stated he wants the track altering for the better.

If my little story is true, and you have to admit it must have elements of truth, and also makes perfect sense even if it's all jackonory on my part then I don't see how the final outcome of Glyn in place of Jason (if the track does now get's altered) is not good news for Leicester fans.

and if any elements of it are true, and too many people have said things along the same lines for it not have a whiff of truth, then i say welcome back Glyn.

Mick.

It's been a very interesting week with rumours flying around on this and the Plymouth thread, Having read all the posts on here and the Plymouth thread and in best Miss Marple style I've now added my 2 and 2 and made the following 5. All the following info can be gleaned somewhere or other in these two threads and kind of make perfect sense. How close do you think i am?

Riders have not been happy with the track and V Scunthorpe the riders had the proper hump over the track so in response Mr Hemsley and the management decided they need to get Glyn back involved. This is a problem because Jason Atwood specifically asked for him to be removed last winter as he thought rather than change the track he could get someone he knew in who could improve the track racing but still leave it as a trick track that had a huge home advantage (also saving a few quid!).Because this would save a few quid and hes such a nice guy and with only Leicester's future at heart Mr Hemsley agrees and it's on your way Glyn and because glyn has been talking on the speedway forums we can use that as the reason (i've added the bit about the forum). So Jason Atwood says i don't want Glyn back involved and if you do you are undermining my authority and i will have to resign if you insist on him returning.. 'it's him or me'. It's Jason. Glyn gets Jason's management role and in an interview with Chris Popple, Glyn points out 'what comes aound goes around'.

So here is what we are left with. We've lost a team manager whose influence meant we kept the same track track over the winter (or 'it wasn't me, it's the riders who wanted Glyn out you understand') and in his place we've now got someone involved again who has been on here and stated he wants the track altering for the better.

If my little story is true, and you have to admit it must have elements of truth, and also makes perfect sense even if it's all jackonory on my part then I don't see how the final outcome of Glyn in place of Jason (if the track does now get's altered) is not good news for Leicester fans.

and if any elements of it are true, and too many people have said things along the same lines for it not have a whiff of truth, then i say welcome back Glyn.

Mick.

i would agree and say you are spot on.it has to be better to have an all rounder such as glyn in the pits who can help out rider's with setup's and any mechanical problems they may have,the package has to be good with him being an ex rider a currant engine tuner and track curator.i just hope he has'ent taken on to much it will be interesting to see if eric boocock come's on board this week.exciting and interesting time's ahead for the loin's

i.exciting and interesting time's ahead for the loin's

Blooming eck Neb, you need to get a room!

Mick.

• Like 1

i would agree and say you are spot on.it has to be better to have an all rounder such as glyn in the pits who can help out rider's with setup's and any mechanical problems they may have,the package has to be good with him being an ex rider a currant engine tuner and track curator.i just hope he has'ent taken on to much it will be interesting to see if eric boocock come's on board this week.exciting and interesting time's ahead for the loin's

I don't deny he has all these skills and will be an assett to the Lions but how come other clubs weren't clambering for the skills you mention and not in great demand to the highest bidder. Ummmmm it is a poser

I've now added my 2 and 2 and made the following 5.

How close do you think i am?

Mick.

Not very close. I do hope you're not an accountant as you've made about 25 with your theory.

Not very close. I do hope you're not an accountant as you've made about 25 with your theory.

but going on how you generally see 25 passes in most races at BP, i'm not sure, not being an accountant an' all, but doesn't 2 + 2 = 25? anyways, you're not Jason Attwood are you? which bits do you think are wide of the mark?

Mick.

Edited by volty

I don't deny he has all these skills and will be an assett to the Lions but how come other clubs weren't clambering for the skills you mention and not in great demand to the highest bidder. Ummmmm it is a poser

Not really a poser if you think about it.

Glyn is an engine tuner for both speedway and small racing bikes. that is his business. He is an established track builder, Redcar and Somerset, and is a recognised track man and has worked at many venues. Team managers tend to be stable, so not that many opportunities unless of course if it is Leicester.

• Like 1

Not really a poser if you think about it.

Glyn is an engine tuner for both speedway and small racing bikes. that is his business. He is an established track builder, Redcar and Somerset, and is a recognised track man and has worked at many venues. Team managers tend to be stable, so not that many opportunities unless of course if it is Leicester.

In my experience as Team Leader and Teacher. There is a difference between leading a team and ruling a team. I do hope Glyn's approach is the former. as there has been much mention of his peope management skills.

Edited by TMW

Leave Lasse alone; Not his fault that Leicester track doesn't conduct over-taking.

Totally agree with you, Lasse will be the next big thing at BP as long as he stays and isn't pushed out by DH.

In my experience as Team Leader and Teacher. There is a difference between leading a team and ruling a team. I do hope Glyn's approach is the former. as there has been much mention of his peope management skills.

I don't think this has quite come out correctly so i'm not sure the point you are making TMW.

Mick.

Interesting but different skills are needed for different riders and different occasions. In Glyn's case, when he rode for us 1997, he used to insist he was told he was say a tac sub, rather than be asked to do it. As you will know as a Team Leader and Teacher, there is no one way of dealing with folks. Everyone is different in different circumstances, and it is the skill of the leader to be able to read the signs and treat the individuals in a way that it brings out the best of that individual.

Not really a poser if you think about it. Glyn is an engine tuner for both speedway and small racing bikes. that is his business. He is an established track builder, Redcar and Somerset, and is a recognised track man and has worked at many venues. Team managers tend to be stable, so not that many opportunities unless of course if it is Leicester.

All great that Leicester is getting this experience back but none of the above mentions previous Team management???

Interesting but different skills are needed for different riders and different occasions. In Glyn's case, when he rode for us 1997, he used to insist he was told he was say a tac sub, rather than be asked to do it. As you will know as a Team Leader and Teacher, there is no one way of dealing with folks. Everyone is different in different circumstances, and it is the skill of the leader to be able to read the signs and treat the individuals in a way that it brings out the best of that individual.

So you could say Glyn was more submissive than assertive in preferring to be told what to do. Not a particularly positive Leadership trait. The sentence in bold is spot on in what is required for managing/leading people but having all the experience you mention in the first quoted post doesn't mean anyone would necessarily have those skills of understanding and recognising what makes people tick and how to get the best out of them?

I hope Glyn does have these skills in abundance, keeps this team together and makes them over achieve then I'm sure all the Lions fans, including me, will be happy but if management/leadership is about people skills Jason Attwood is a tough act to follow IMO.