British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Buxton Vs Isle Of Wight (nl) 20/5 3pm

On Sunday the Islanders make the trip up to deepest darkest Derbyshire to tackle the Buxton Hitmen. Hopefully we can come away with at least 3 points on my first trip to Hi-Edge, anything less & I think I'll be a bit disappointed on the trip home. But above all please let there be no injuries!!

As to the teams I'd like to see Baseby at #2 for us & for some reason Starke doesn't score as well at #5. Last year he averaged 6.22 at #1 then moved to #5 & his average fell to 5.89. And we have a secret weapon at reserve, not forgetting Danny in the best form of his Islanders' career! ;) Good luck boys :D :D

Hitmen

1. Robert Branford

2. Richard Andrews

3. Luke Priest

4. Dean Felton

5. Adam McKinna

6. Michael Neale

7. Ryan Blacklock

Islanders

1. Kyle Hughes

2. Ben Hopwood

3. Danny Warwick

4. Aaron Baseby

5. Paul Starke

6. Danny Stoneman

7. Gary Cottham

Any weather updates on Sunday morning would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#RICO

Hope Kyle has a good meeting :)

is ther updates on this meeting

There will be, texted by me. Check on www.speedwayupdates.proboards.com tomorrow.

Weather forecast doesn't predict rain but it looks like it's going to be cold!

There will be, texted by me. Check on www.speedwayupdates.proboards.com tomorrow.

Weather forecast doesn't predict rain but it looks like it's going to be cold!

and if it is Cold up in them Hills it is Bl**dy COLD so wrap up well and enjoy the meeting, at the most picturesque setting in British speedway, mind you dont run over the sheep on the single track :wink: .

Edited by greyhoundp

Well done the Islanders! And well done Danny Warwick, surely he will go to 1 now . Better late than never Gazza!

Cheers bob & greyhound.

Not a bad meeting tbh, I will certainly be back. Warwick was simply superb & hardly put a foot wrong all afternoon. All the other Islanders contributed significantly with Stoneman filling Cottham's role impressively in the opening exchanges before he arrived. On that, anyone know where he was? Just stuck in traffic?? Hughes recovered well from an unimpressive start & I'll admit that I expected Hopwood in heat 15 but Kyle proved he was worth the spot. While Starkey visibly felt he was poor in his first race but looked a lot more on the pace afterwards.

As to the Hitmen Branford may have suffered 2 punctures but had he have finished in those positions he would have only got 2 more points, and I would have expected more than 10 from him. Blacklock looked good value& was unlucky to fall 4 times. Whilst Deano had his gating boots on and like Ben was unlucky to not make heat 15, Priest seemed to lack desire when not in front.

An important 4 points now hopefully we can push on this season.

oh dear buxton if we cant beat i o w what can u do need another point scorer andrews and neal are not doing a job and with rob having two engine problems we had no back up deano was great but the rest need a kick

just a observation from a fan hooper keep your knickers on we are all entitled to a opinion off to bed now early start tomorrow

Edited by bw double