British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hewitt

PL Fours, Peterborough, 15/07

<br /><br />

its a shame yesterdays meeting wasn&#39;t on sky. it would have been fun watching mr.pearson going into raptures over some of the superb racing served up on the excellent showground track.<br /><br />

Yesterday was evidence alone that more Premier League should be on Sky</p>

Edited by mythman666

Can't argue with that, thought the Berwick lot were loud but that's all, only thing that could have upset anyone was the ashworth chant...but only if your a miserable git...good day with good racing after the first 5or 6 heats...Glad non of the self proclaimed dream teams won...

Man of the meeting for me was Bellego, who stepped up to the plate to compensate for complin who didn't....or it would have been an easier victory.

Champions, well done bandits! Such a great atmosphere. Completely agree about Bellego he was brilliant although not about Complin, he did step up as he actually broke his hand in the first heat of finals and with no reserve in Edberg due to his damaged ankle lee did well to even stay on for the next two races! More of the same on Saturday lads please!

• Like 1

On the subject of Berwick fans celebrating and how they celebrate.

What do people want them to do just clap and cheer not to loud, and not enjoy themselves.

I have spent sometime with the Berwick fans, and yes they are loud and personally most of the time I struggle understand what they are saying, but they good fun and good company.

Lets face it, its only 2 or 3 years ago they were on the brink of having no team to support never mind dream about winning a trophy, so is any wonder that they celebrated good and hard. .

• Like 4

On the subject of Berwick fans celebrating and how they celebrate.

What do people want them to do just clap and cheer not to loud, and not enjoy themselves.

I have spent sometime with the Berwick fans, and yes they are loud and personally most of the time I struggle understand what they are saying, but they good fun and good company.

Lets face it, its only 2 or 3 years ago they were on the brink of having no team to support never mind dream about winning a trophy, so is any wonder that they celebrated good and hard. .

I've spent even longer with them Spinny (obviously)... Ok, some of them like a drink, but I've never seen them get out of hand, win or lose... Like you I have to guess half of what they say!

Yesterday was evidence alone that more Premier League should be on Sky</p>

It was easily in the top 3 of meetings that we've filmed this year, and we've done about 70 so far.

Enjoyed the meeting after some fairly dull first heats (1-3). I thought Berwick were well worth their win and deserved it but enjoyed seeing the Lions spirit run them close. Last 2 heats as good as anything your likely to see anywhere. Berwick and Leicester fans making it a great occassion. My only gripe for the day was why some Leicester fans don't give Ben Barker more credit I thought he was excellent yesterday as always??

Big up for the Lions riders at the end they showed some class in defeat and rewarded the supporters :)

As a neutral I have to say that I enjoyed the Berwick and Leicester fans who obviously made a great effort to get behind their team. I always enjoy the 4's and hope it returns to the Showground next year.

• Like 1

It was easily in the top 3 of meetings that we've filmed this year, and we've done about 70 so far.

It is definately a must for the DVD collection!

• Like 1

Football nicked it from Andy Williams

Who had "nicked it" (what a quaint expression!!) from Frankie Valli!!!!

Edited by Mr Snackette

Congratulations on winning the pl fours.

Keep believing in your team, im a coventry bees fans so know how hard this can sometimes be but your riders did you proud yesterday. X

• Like 1

Enjoy the silverware Berwick, it will be the only thing you win this season :P:rofl: , pity the large bunch of drunken idiots let you down , jeering at Leicester fans with two fingered actions , chucking empty beer cans , tut tut.....

Still more silverware than what your lot currently have at the moment for the season :party::P

Only just got on today, but what a day and what a performance that was! Alden and Ashworth were a class above the rest along with Barker while Bellego produced a superb ride win his 1st race in the final. And thankfully Complin got up from that fall to lift the trophy.

Will be getting the DVD for certain!

• Like 2

Hopefully next year there will be regional qualifying to get to the finals, wouldnt take too much for this to happen.

It may well be the only silverware we win, but we will take it, as we deserved it. And while there were a lot of drunken monkeys, I do not recall any jeering of the leicester fans, thats not to say it didnt happen tbough. In fact one leicester fan shook my hand, and said we deserved it.. Well done that man.

Most Leicester fans took it well and admitted the best team won. A couple of the Leicester fans I spoke to didn't see that 2 of their riders had the wrong race-jackets on in the semi-final (although they were correct in the final).

Wonder if we will get the chance to defend the title next year?