British Speedway Forum

Just a week to go to this meeting at Stoke and can't see any thread for it, so here goes...

Draw is:

GROUP A: Rye House Raiders; Isle of Wight;Stoke; Dudley

GROUP B: King’s Lynn YS; Mildenhall; Buxton; Scunthorpe Saints

Any details on likely team line-ups?

I'm pretty sure that this meeting takes priority over a league meeting? So if a rider is doubling up (Like the Worrals) then they ride here instead?

If that's the case, Stoke will probably have

Ash Birks

Richie Worral

Tony Atkin

One of Jamie Pickard or Ben Reade.

I'm pretty sure that this meeting takes priority over a league meeting? So if a rider is doubling up (Like the Worrals) then they ride here instead?

If that's the case, Stoke will probably have

Ash Birks

Richie Worral

Tony Atkin

One of Jamie Pickard or Ben Reade.

Strong team. Has to be Ben surely in the form he's been in!!

only is 1 other meeting to this next sunday Glasgow vs Workington (So the only question would be Roynon for Dudley and Irving for Scunthorpe). Hoping to get over for this to Support the Saints and Fen Tigers.

Pl takes priority over all nl meetings except the nl riders championship.

Well thank goodness Newcastle aren't racing!

However, that doesn't half wreck Dudley's chances. With Roynon, Perry, Bekker and Morris they had a chance. With Perry, Bekker, Morris and White-Williams it looks dodgy for them.

Edited by vog

With that stoke team on there own track i cant see alot of point anyone else turning up!!!

With that stoke team on there own track i cant see alot of point anyone else turning up!!!

I don't know. Atkin has started alright, but Pickard hasn't pulled up any trees as of yet. Plus, last season we had a good top 4 and look what happened.

Let's face it, the team's will probably be:

Group A

Rye: Mason, Morely, Sarjeant, Hazelden.

IoW: Hughes, Warwick, Hopwood, Starke

Stoke: Birks, Worrall, Atkin, Pickard/Reade

Dudley: Bekker, Morris, Perry, White-Williams.

From that group, it only takes a couple of riders having off nights from any team and they could find themselves going out. Every single rider there is capable of winning races at Stoke, and have proven it before.

Group B:

King's Lynn: Cockle, Knight, Lowe, Kerr

Mildenhall: Heeps(If Fit), Blackbird, Nielsen, Halsey. (No Jacobs as not sure on fitness)

Buxton: Branford, McKinna, Priest, Felton.

Scunthorpe: No idea of their team. Steve Worrall, Hart? (Is he still riding?), Young, Jones?.

Before injuries, I think Mildenhall would have flown through this group. Now, it all depends on who Scunthorpe send. King's Lynn have enough to progress, and Buxton have 4 riders who can all win races at Stoke (3 ex Stoke riders!).

All it takes is for one team to fire on the day and they will go home with the title. I just hope it's Stoke!

Ashley Birks, Richie Worrall, Tony Atkin, Ben Reade confirmed as Stoke's team on their website.

Ashley Birks, Richie Worrall, Tony Atkin, Ben Reade confirmed as Stoke's team on their website.

Seems fair. Ben is on fire at the moment.

Thank gawd for that - that's the team I've proflled for the prog. Hope I've 'guessed' all the other team line-ups right too... Coz yes, prog notes had to be written before got the confirmed line-ups... Quite why they couldn't have been available in time is indeed beyond me..!

Can only see a stoke win in this with no roynon for dudley which is too much for any team to lose. And no jacobs for mildy, bit silly when we have a tournament without the best riders. Stoke to win cus they are at full strength

• Like 1