British Speedway Forum

Hope the DVD will be available to buy online, would like to get a copy of it.

Shame that they run out of programmes, does anyone know if they are going to do a reprint so fans can get one? Never seen Lakeside so packed, a tribute to Lee.

Can understand why though, they never expected quite so many people, as you say as fitting tribute!

Some really good racing, stand outs for me being Darcy (of course), AJ, PK and Lewis Bridger. Bridger gave a heartfelt tribute to Lee and his family and obviously raced hard for his 2nd place, AJ was clearly enjoying his evening back racing at Lakeside and PK was PK :) Darcy gave it everything, very entertaining, as always, wanted the win and wanted the engine :)

It must have been such an emotional night for Lee's family, his eldest son brought a tear to my eye when he told us thank you for coming to his Dad's Memorial meeting over the tannoy, hit home, certainly did! Wishing the family all the best for the future, hope we helped in some small way.

Edited by Trees
  • Like 2

What a tremendous evenings entertainment.

Great credit due to all those involved in making this meeting happen.

Whether they organised, rode or worked on the night they were a creditt to our sport.

And as for the fans, well what a turn out from all over the Uk. Even saw a few Glasgow fans.

Hope they have raised a great sum for the Richardson family.

As for the car park,what with the numbers I expected nothing less.

IM normally out within a few minutes though it took me 45 mins to get out last night.

In view of the circumstances last night though, that was a very small price to pay.

PS Can we have AJ back next year please Cooky . ;)

• Like 1

what a monster size crowd at arena last night!. right up there with the free sky poole match and the england v usa test in 1993. a big well done to everyone concerned, the riders, the officials and the fans for making it a memorable evening for lee's family. :approve:

How many people does the raceway hold? Would be interesting to know how many attended.

I

think they have had around 7000 there for a major stock car meeting and I would be surprised if it it wasn't something fairly close to that last night.

Some terrific racing. I thought as the riders were giving services for free it would be more or less demonstration racing but they were really going for it.

Darcy really is something else. Could easily become one of the all-time greats, possibly the greatest. Great races between him and AJ. Well done to Lewis Bridger. Takes a lot stick from some quarters but really earned his place in the Grand Final.

Well the journey and car parking was a nightmare but it mattered not as the place was packed out in honour of Rico. Some terrific action on track which IMO always better when its had some natural watering like it did yesterday. None of the riders were holding back at all and it was conducted in an excellent spirit. Didn't hear Richardson junior's words at the start as we didn't get in til heat 4 but just reading about it gives me a lump in my throat. A memorable evening which proved a the perfect way to remember a British speedway legend, massive credit to everyone involved.

• Like 1

What a fantastic meeting. Well done to all involved in making it happen. Fierce racing and great entertainment.

Easily the best speedway meeting I've been to for a while. Well done Lewis, nearly mate!

Just placed my order!

Just placed my order!

Ditto on that one!

Great turnout for him and a pretty decent meeting to go with it. Thought his lads did ever so well, particularly to thank everyone in attendance #RICO

Superb meeting and what a crowd. They were not riding for points they were riding the only way they know how. To win.

To see Greg in the 1st race riding our track like he'd never been away was amazing and AJ looked as though he wanted to break the track record in every ride. But Darcy Ward is something else. Surely he's going to be a World Champion one day.He just doesn't want to lose.

Thanks to all the GP riders who attended and obviously a special mention for Lewis Bridger who gave a very good tribute to Lee. I didn't hear Nicki introduced at the start but he was interviewed as well so much was his wanting to attend.

Only problem was getting out of the car park. I got out quick but it wasn't helped by someone trying to drive against the flow of traffic. Obviously the locals know the quick way out because they were driving back on to the car park and filtering in further up the line. I know it's called queue jumping but after 30 mins I tried it and it worked. If I hadn't I could still have been there an hour later. Nothing was moving.

But overall a superb meeting for a really top guy. .

wot a fantastic meeting for #RICO last night, well done to everyone involved in the running of it. the riders certainly werent there just to ride around with some brilliant riding last night. i stayed behind after and waited for car park to empty out before attempting to leave and it paid of as i was out in 5 mins. was nice to see the lanterns being lit and released into the night sky for some hour after the meeting as there was that many. after setting off from plymouth at 10am on friday morning and finally crawling into my bed at 6am on saturday morning im glad i went and witnessed a fantastic meeting for a top bloke.

• Like 3

Some good races and a fitting tribute to #Rico. Took the coach 1hour 10 to get out of the car park, but it didn't spoil the occasion for me. Ward deserved his win, the rest tried their best but wasn't really in the same league as Ward.

I would guess the crowd to be between 4500 and 5000. The Coventry coach handed over £150 before admission and there was 44 on the coach so hopefully a good amount raised for Emma and the boys.

Would like to echo Trees post regarding the speeches by the family, very touching. Also each rider interviewed gave nothing but praise for Lee.

Thanks for the memories

• Like 1