British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

British Semi-finals Line-up

Is it me or does the Rye House qualifier look the tougher of the two?

• Like 1

SHEFFIELD (July 5): Tai Woffinden, Lewis Bridger, Ben Barker, Olly Allen, Simon Stead, Ricky Ashworth, Richard Lawson, Lee Complin, Andrew Tully, Richard Hall, James Wright, Chris Schramm, Derek Sneddon, Adam Roynon, David Howe, Kyle Howarth.

RYE HOUSE (July 7): Edward Kennett, Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls, Danny King, Stuart Robson, Carl Wilkinson, Robert Mear, Josh Auty, Craig Cook, Leigh Lanham, Jordan Frampton, Chris Mills, Simon Lambert, Ritchie Hawkins, Richie Worrall, Kyle Newman

Line ups updated. Newman replaces Bowen at Rye House and Howe and Wilkinson change places as Howe has a World Long Track commitment at the weekend.

Is it me or does the Rye House qualifier look the tougher of the two?

it does look a tougher line up. i'm looking forward to seeing the likes of nicholls and harris at rye. :approve: Edited by cityrebel
  • Like 1

SHEFFIELD (July 5): Tai Woffinden, Lewis Bridger, Ben Barker, Olly Allen, Simon Stead, Ricky Ashworth, Richard Lawson, Lee Complin, Andrew Tully, Richard Hall, James Wright, Chris Schramm, Derek Sneddon, Adam Roynon, Carl Wilkinson, Kyle Howarth.

If it is 7 each, then those are the 7 I think will get through although Lee Complin and Andrew Tully could be in with an outside chance at Owlerton ...... Craig Cook, Richie Worrall and Robert Mear at Rye House.

You're picking Roynon to do better than Complin at Owlerton... Not just because I'm a Berwick fan here but all I say to that is :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're picking Roynon to do better than Complin at Owlerton... Not just because I'm a Berwick fan here but all I say to that is :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Going on what Roynon has done for Coventry in the last few weeks i wouldnt be at all surprised if he got through comfortably, he is on form at the moment.

• Like 1

Watching the moves Complin made at Sheffield the other week were simply breathtaking. If he turns up in the same form then he'll beat Roynan quite comfortably!

BSPA said they've tried every possibility to make sure riders aren't taken away from teams for league matches but indie some snooping and found this out. For the Sheffield semi final on the Thursday there are 2 Elite League matches thy are Birmingham vs Coventry & Swindon vs Lakeside, all of Danny King, Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris and Eddie Kennett have been out in the other semi final but Ben Barker, Ricky Ashworth and Simon Stead are all riding in the Sheffield semi, can someone please explain how this was worked out and why they seem to have taken riders away from teams who are in genuine playoff contention

I do believe the BSPA have tried to cause as little disruption as possible but in some cases there has been no choice. Ben Barker and Ricky Ashworth both share a position in the Brummies side and some may ask why they are both in the same semi, when the Brummies have a fixture on the same night.

The problem is on the Saturday it's Berwick v Plymouth, so both Ben and Ricky need to ride in the Thursday meeting. Its messes us up a bit, Rider replacment for Ashworth will make us weak. Smolinski's July average puts him ahead of Ashworth, so its only him, Auty X2 and Piszcz that can take a ride.

Apparently Richie Worrall has bust his leg at workington tonight. If correct,you have to feel for him given how his season was going.

• Like 1

Weather forecast is grim 70% chance of rain at Rye on Sat. What happens if its a rain-off ? My glass is half-full normally but Speedway weather this year is poo - so curious as to what the plans might be...

Weather forecast is grim 70% chance of rain at Rye on Sat. What happens if its a rain-off ? My glass is half-full normally but Speedway weather this year is poo - so curious as to what the plans might be...

it will be tough to rearrange with riders commitments elsewhere. :unsure:

I do believe the BSPA have tried to cause as little disruption as possible but in some cases there has been no choice. Ben Barker and Ricky Ashworth both share a position in the Brummies side and some may ask why they are both in the same semi, when the Brummies have a fixture on the same night.

As the Brummies have invited two Premier League riders to double-up for them, surely you have to accept these riders' first commitment has to be to their parent (PL) clubs?

Ashworth and Barker are involved in a PL match at Berwick on Saturday, so BSPA have no option but to place them both in the Thursday semi-final. One of the little problems you experience in relying on another club's guys as your doubler-uppers.

Answer? Get you own riders!

Some news for the Rye semi taken from the Rye House website

http://ryehouse.co/default.aspx

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

according to the swindon website, simon stead now rides in the rye semi final. in place of who i don't know. :unsure:

After that dire performance from the Berwick faithfuls on saturday why not :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: