British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

British Semi-finals Line-up

according to the swindon website, simon stead now rides in the rye semi final. in place of who i don't know. :unsure:

There's a piece in The Sheffield Star today with Simon saying how he's looking forward to riding Sheffield again, so god knows what's happening!

Edited by Hel'n'Back

There's a piece in The Sheffield Star today with Simon saying how he's looking forward to riding Sheffield again, so god knows what's happening!

i reckon mr. stead would stand a better chance of getting through at owlerton, rather than those tight corners at rye! :blink:
  • Like 1

The Swindon website just says he is riding at Swindon on thursday against Lakeside, there is no mention of his switching to Rye but hopefully he is.

The Swindon website just says he is riding at Swindon on thursday against Lakeside, there is no mention of his switching to Rye but hopefully he is.

I believe the switch to Rye was made yesterday!

Kyle newman has been told to get his bikes ready for Sheffield tomorrow...presume that's for David Howe not being a certain starter.

Kyle newman has been told to get his bikes ready for Sheffield tomorrow...presume that's for David Howe not being a certain starter.

seems strange that at this late stage he is being told that, i thought the bspa had said in trying to help clubs out etc kyle would be moved to sheffield if anyone pulled out , enabling him to ride for somerset at worky on saturday. so with steady, moving across to rye and looks like schramm (replacing wilko) as well according to rye press release, then i would of thought that he would be taking one of their places.

seems strange that at this late stage he is being told that, i thought the bspa had said in trying to help clubs out etc kyle would be moved to sheffield if anyone pulled out , enabling him to ride for somerset at worky on saturday. so with steady, moving across to rye and looks like schramm (replacing wilko) as well according to rye press release, then i would of thought that he would be taking one of their places.

That's what he's saying on twitter, but then birks is saying...I'm first reserve for Sheffield so I should be riding...they are all taking the Michael out of the bspa lol :)

What a blumming shambles!! Will turn up at Sheffield tomorrow and then see who's riding!

Edited by Hel'n'Back

well according to sheffields p/r today, steady is still named there?, looking at it, it is a bit of a mess, howe was originally at rye swaps with wilco due to longtrack and wilko riding for redcar, fair enough, now appears wilko has pulled out of rye replaced by schramm who was at sheffield who is replaced by mills who was at rye and who is now replaced by garrity at rye, and birks who was meeting res at sheffield replaces the unfortunate richie worral at rye :rolleyes:

Edited by brewer

well according to sheffields p/r today, steady is still named there?, looking at it, it is a bit of a mess, howe was originally at rye swaps with wilco due to longtrack and wilko riding for redcar, fair enough, now appears wilko has pulled out of rye replaced by schramm who was at sheffield who is replaced by mills who was at rye and who is now replaced by garrity at rye, and birks who was meeting res at sheffield replaces the unfortunate richie worral at rye :rolleyes:

What a farce!!!!!!!!!!!! Eric Sykes couldn't have written it better!! RIP

Taken from Sheffield Star online this morning...

There has been some confusion in the build-up to the meeting, however, with Swindon now saying they will have Simon Stead in their side for their Elite League clash with Lakeside instead of riding at Sheffield.

Line-up: Richard Hall (Sheffield), Ben Barker (Plymouth), David Howe (Scunthorpe), Oliver Allen (Peterborough), Lee Complin (Berwick), Tai Woffinden (Wolverhampton), Derek Sneddon (Edinburgh), Kyle Howarth (Workington), TBC, Adam Roynon (Workington), Ricky Ashworth (Berwick), Chris Mills (Glasgow), Andrew Tully (Edinburgh), James Wright (Somerset), Lewis Bridger (Eastbourne), Richard Lawson (Workington).

Nobody riding at Sheffield tonight MEETING CANCELLED :cry:

That is such a shame!

However, in common with other posters, I thought we were being denied the best line ups at each track. Qualifiers should have been held earlier in the season ensuring we saw the very best in the final and that every young rider had a chance.

Still, what do BSPA know about entertaining the public?

WHAT??? not a drop of rain all day and currently basking in sunshine....