British Speedway Forum

No it is incorrect. Authorised specifically quotes me as , amongst other things as saying "his silencer/bike must have been removed". That is his exact quote of what I supposedly said... You apparently kept the post for your scrap-book (for which I am honoured) so show us where I said what he has quoted me as saying, and I will deal with your second point, but otherwise lets not clog up a Shamek to Poole thread with misquotes on last years news. Perhaps while you are looking for the alleged quote you can dig out the praise for Pawlicki I made at the same time but otherwise lets not hijack this thread.
So you didn't claim Pawlicki turned pale? You didn't claim he looked guilty? You've not now spun some bull that he silencer was not tested and refuse to answer it? You're good at this, you post a load of unsubstantiated bull, I call you up on it and you refuse to answer.

You have constantly claimed Pawlicki was guilty of something but never had the balls to say what. You have finally posted he is alleged to have had an oversized engine and also posted his silencer was not checked and claimed that this was documented. The silencer WAS tested and this WAS documented as such. So excuse me if I treat your claims of oversized engines with contempt too as all your other claims have been dis-proven.

You're quibbling over semantics. At the time you posted and insinuated that Pawlicki was, according to what you saw, guilty of something (from what I remember Authorised is quoting you pretty accurately here). You then later posted and changed your story. That is a fact.

Not semantics. its people reading words that are not there. Do you remember what I said to Pawlicki's credit in the first post on the subject ? I doubt it. It suits the dullards dwell on the negative.

I made a throw away remark by way of banter about engine sizes in a Shamek to Poole thread. in the context of banter with e Poole-ites and its being hi-jacked into a discussion about silencers last year. People have been making jokes about Pooles engine on and off for some time now and that's the context.

Not semantics. its people reading words that are not there. Do you remember what I said to Pawlicki's credit in the first post on the subject ? I doubt it. It suits the dullards dwell on the negative.

I made a throw away remark by way of banter about engine sizes in a Shamek to Poole thread. in the context of banter with e Poole-ites and its being hi-jacked into a discussion about silencers last year. People have been making jokes about Pooles engine on and off for some time now and that's the context.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

But apparently not as far as certain Coventry supporters are concerned. What is it about Coventry and no sense of humour ? :blink:

I just dont see the issue.

We have a poster who thinks its fun to have multiple names, likes to post silly discussions (for fun we believe?!) and gets commented on by several people.

Some then call it bullying when some reply to his posts.

If your gonna post sometimes to provoke and hold multiple names then you are likely to get commented on - such is life. :neutral:

Ok, quite simply. Do you believe that Pawlicki used any illegal machinery last season? Yes or no.

So you didn't claim Pawlicki turned pale? You didn't claim he looked guilty? You've not now spun some bull that he silencer was not tested and refuse to answer it? You're good at this, you post a load of unsubstantiated bull, I call you up on it and you refuse to answer.

You have constantly claimed Pawlicki was guilty of something but never had the balls to say what. You have finally posted he is alleged to have had an oversized engine and also posted his silencer was not checked and claimed that this was documented. The silencer WAS tested and this WAS documented as such. So excuse me if I treat your claims of oversized engines with contempt too as all your other claims have been dis-proven.

Good grief man read what' s written. in my reply to Authorised I didn't say it wasn't opened up. you clearly don't know what was done at the time, ask a few questions of those who were present at the test.

Ok, quite simply. Do you believe that Pawlicki used any illegal machinery last season? Yes or no.

Quite simply I don't know. At the time of the issue about silencers Piotr Swiderski spoke to Pawlicki in Polish and i understand from someone very close to Piotr that what he said was that they were only protesting about his silencer not his engine. I don't want to go any further on this point or I will be breaching confidences.

Since Jason Crump first made the comment on Sky about "Polish fast" it has caught on as a joke..Sorry if it upsets you, but its an amusing expression. As far as I know Pawlicki's engine has never been measured, certainly not in this country nor have any other riders so nobody really knows about Pawlicki or anyone else's engine . Another thread has a link to an article in which Mads Korneliuson is quite outspoken about lack of proper checks on this sort of thing. as far so as illegal equipment is concerned who knows what, if anything, goes on. Mads no doubt has his reasons for saying what he said and knows more than I do.

One tuner told me that in 2007 he worked on three bikes for riders in one EL club that were all oversized. I don't know whether what he told me was true or not but thats what he said and as far as I know he had no reason to lie about it.

I don't want to say a lot more because I am not going to breach confidences, but all I would say is that I am amazed that so many people were prepared to take the Duchess of Sherbourne's allegations as Gospel. when to a certain extent they weren't true (although I can't vouch for all of it because some of it I don't know about.) but get aggitated when things are said in other contexts..

Personally , although I hate to say it I think there has been cheating probably as long as there has been speedway although probably less now than in the past (Ivan Mauger has admitted some of it). My own view (and I am not claiming to be an expert by any means) is that it does happen but probably on a smallish scale, but who knows really?

Thats my view and as much as I have heard that I am prepared to disclose. Whether you believe it it or not is up to you and I won't lose ant sleep either way, but don't take my word for it, ask people. I am not claiming I am "in the know" or in the centre of things by any means but I have picked things up from time to time which I am not going to put on here, Don't believe all you read on the forum but speak to people involved in the sport.

So in answer to your question there is as much or as little chance of Pawlicki being on illegal machinery as anybody else but nobody apart from Kennett was caught, Don't interpret that as me saying I think they are all at it because I don't but in general terms (ie nor specific to Pawlicki) my guess is no smoke without a little bit of fire somewher

Quite simply I don't know. At the time of the issue about silencers Piotr Swiderski spoke to Pawlicki in Polish and i understand from someone very close to Piotr that what he said was that they were only protesting about his silencer not his engine. I don't want to go any further on this point or I will be breaching confidences.

Since Jason Crump first made the comment on Sky about "Polish fast" it has caught on as a joke..Sorry if it upsets you, but its an amusing expression. As far as I know Pawlicki's engine has never been measured, certainly not in this country nor have any other riders so nobody really knows about Pawlicki or anyone else's engine . Another thread has a link to an article in which Mads Korneliuson is quite outspoken about lack of proper checks on this sort of thing. as far so as illegal equipment is concerned who knows what, if anything, goes on. Mads no doubt has his reasons for saying what he said and knows more than I do.

One tuner told me that in 2007 he worked on three bikes for riders in one EL club that were all oversized. I don't know whether what he told me was true or not but thats what he said and as far as I know he had no reason to lie about it.

I don't want to say a lot more because I am not going to breach confidences, but all I would say is that I am amazed that so many people were prepared to take the Duchess of Sherbourne's allegations as Gospel. when to a certain extent they weren't true (although I can't vouch for all of it because some of it I don't know about.) but get aggitated when things are said in other contexts..

Personally , although I hate to say it I think there has been cheating probably as long as there has been speedway although probably less now than in the past (Ivan Mauger has admitted some of it). My own view (and I am not claiming to be an expert by any means) is that it does happen but probably on a smallish scale, but who knows really?

Thats my view and as much as I have heard that I am prepared to disclose. Whether you believe it it or not is up to you and I won't lose ant sleep either way, but don't take my word for it, ask people. I am not claiming I am "in the know" or in the centre of things by any means but I have picked things up from time to time which I am not going to put on here, Don't believe all you read on the forum but speak to people involved in the sport.

So in answer to your question there is as much or as little chance of Pawlicki being on illegal machinery as anybody else but nobody apart from Kennett was caught, Don't interpret that as me saying I think they are all at it because I don't but in general terms (ie nor specific to Pawlicki) my guess is no smoke without a little bit of fire somewher

Lovely... :approve:

No it is incorrect. Authorised specifically quotes me as , amongst other things as saying "his silencer/bike must have been removed". That is his exact quote of what I supposedly said..

I was paraphrasing what you said, do you really think I have time to go back and quote word for word about Pawlicki looking guilty, but if you insist, the bit about silencer and or bike being removed was between pages 20 and 30 on the "Kennett gets 6 months" thread - I don't even need to look, I remember all the rubbish you said and it won't be forgotten. More the fact, you lack the class to apologise.

Pawlicki is a great rider, fantastic talent, would love to see him back in EL but not 3/4 of a lap ahead with Darcy, and D-Elite heatleaders trailing in the distance. Far better in competition, perhaps Jon Cook will do the right thing and sign him up!!!! Sure you'd love the opportunity to apologise for smearing a good guy, with no evidence and no facts...... :t:

A beauty......

but in general terms (ie nor specific to Pawlicki) my guess is no smoke without a little bit of fire somewher

Does this extend to off track abilities of Aussies too? Or should we rely on semantics getting you off the hook, "in general terms" and "my guess"?

Edited by Authorised
  • Like 2

Well i am very happy that that useless pole Pawlicki isn't coming,i am sure Scottyfan would agree he would only have got 2 points a meeting if he turned up!

• Like 3

Can we please close this thread now, cos he ain't coming!!

Nor is anyone else apparently. Looks like Middlo'll have to dust off his leathers!!

• Like 1

Billy Hamill is looking for a comeback, maybe you can tempt Hans Neilsen back on a 3.

I hope its not looking bleak for the Pirates to get a good replacement. Everything will be against them if they cant find a suitable replacement.

And im not sure how many times i can hear "Swindon`s to lose" between now and October.

Can we please close this thread now, cos he ain't coming!!

No no no no no ..there's plenty more mileage in this yet .. :D

• Like 2

You're not the first to mention Hamill. Good Hagon Shocks connections. Can't think for the moment which other 2 riders have that connection?!