British Speedway Forum

Thanks for that. I meant for which promotion is Pawlicki an asset. Presumably not Mick Horton?!

Only meant as a joke but forgot to put the smiley on. :D

I thought there was a rule about 'attacking the post, not the poster'??

Have amended it & do apologise strongly as really was meant as a joke but got called away before i could put the smiley on.

• Like 1

Why assume that assets automatically revert back to the BSPA if promotions change or they are not included with the sale of a club? Chris Harris, I seem to remember, was signed by Coventry from Jim Lynch's promotional company even though he was not the actual Peterborough promoter at the time.

Lot of questions on assets......I had some on the AM thread.

It appears that riders can be "owned" by companies, not tracks - as this example shows.

On the subject of Rory Schlein belonging to Sandhu, then why did Colin Pratt and Mick Horton conduct the negotiations? If Mick was renting my house, and I want to sell the sofa - surely I would do the sale to maximise returns.....

As promoters like Lynch, does Alun Rossiter or Allen Trump own any rider assets or did all revert to Coventry?

Just thinking that Allen Trump made Ben Barker a full time Coventry asset in 2008.....

Good luck to Poole in their signings, if anyone likes competitive speedway don't go to fixtures involving them! I am sure Shamek won't be cheap........

EL 2012 is the disaster predicted. I'd be very surprised if Poole are not odds on to win the title. Fans can vote with their feet if they are truly angered.

• Like 1

Poole are far from unbeatable; All you need is somebody like Dudek at reserve and bobs your uncle.

Thats why no-one has beat them so far. :D

• Like 1

Nothing official - think this could just be a rumour.

Let's hope so.............Rubbish pole was bad enough.......cheating pole is even worse!!!!!!....still if it is true, at least we can boo him every week (if he turns up!!!!!).

what would be a laugh is if all teams let the pirates rack up at least 60+ a match that way will cost ford a fortune

How would that work when the home promoter pays all the points for both teams?

How would that work when the home promoter pays all the points for both teams?

Isn't there a set rate, and the rest is topped up by a promoter who has over-promised? Otherwise it is a very unfair tax on the home promoter for messing up the rules in 2012. Can you imagine the costs of toxic twins and pawlicki brothers.....

I still think hans fan has a point though, "if all teams let" win big home and away, would be interesting to see how Poole build a team for next season. Would also allow other teams to lower their averages too. That is just using the rule book to its full use, not cheating?? :lol:

If there isn't a set rate and you have the most expensive team in the land visiting, you could also bet big on Poole winning with a handicap and make sure your team comply. Hedging costs, not fixing?? :lol:

Isn't there a set rate, and the rest is topped up by a promoter who has over-promised?

That's correct, and yes I suppose if some riders are on double the standard rate it could mount up.

As of 13th June, Adrian Meidzinski's average will be 8.47.

Until that date, surely any replacement would have to be a rider with an average no higher than his previous average of 5.57 ...... therefore is it not the case that AM needs to ride (or R/R) on Wednesday as any redeclaring of the 1-7 would have to be done in advance ? ........ so any signing (redeclared 1-7) on or after Wednesday would be upto 8.47

Shamek is a quality rider and surely a future GP star like Ward and a good replacement for AM ....... who is now unlikely to be seen again over here due to his new high average ........ so Swindon are left with an asset no one really wants to buy or loan !!!

Actually, the first person that sprang to mind was SteveO :D

Wrong there I'm afraid - couldn't be less interested.

Only meant as a joke but forgot to put the smiley on. :D

Have amended it & do apologise strongly as really was meant as a joke but got called away before i could put the smiley on.

No probs!! :t:

Lot of questions on assets......I had some on the AM thread.

On the subject of Rory Schlein belonging to Sandhu, then why did Colin Pratt and Mick Horton conduct the negotiations? If Mick was renting my house, and I want to sell the sofa - surely I would do the sale to maximise returns.....

Or you would give specific instructions to the person(s) doing the negotiating on your behalf.

I would imagine Sandhu is happy to delegate this side to Colin. I'm not sure how involved he has ever been with the actual negotiating side of rider contracts. I suppose there was a minimum amount he was prepared to accept.

At the end of the day, none of us know the contractual deal between Sandhu and Mick Horton so we are all just speculating.

Mick is leasing the club. Sandhu owns the riders.

Not as far as I can tell. Mick has bought the club and assets from Sandhu so it is his to do with as he pleases. If he can cash in on Pawlicki then I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Not as far as I can tell. Mick has bought the club and assets from Sandhu so it is his to do with as he pleases. If he can cash in on Pawlicki then I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

I thought Mick Horton only has the promoting rights for one year as a trial arrangement to see if it works out ok. Can't imagine he would part with a load of cash for just a (possibly) short term thing?! and why pay anything for a rider that is unlikely to feature regularly for a Friday track again.

Edited by Bomo1