British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Kings Lynn World Cup 9 July

Can't see us even beating the Czechs for third on Thursday!!!

Think you've been proved incredibly wrong once this season already...

Firstly hats off to all the riders and the track for such an entertaining meeting, if they were all like that (and the last four heats on Saturday in Quali 1) then the crowds would flock to the sport.

GB - fighting performance from all four riders, couldn't ask for much more, shame about the E/Fs.

Aus - Holder was class, Crump and Watt OK, Batch........... thanks for showing up. If Ward had been fit then they would have been out of sight.

Czech - Really impressed that they did so well, sniffing around GB for second place after their Joker.

Germany - A little outclassed, but never stopped trying.

The Race Off should see Denmark through comfortably. Does anyone know the line-ups for them and Poland ?

Superb meeting, superb coverage. I come on here and while there's plenty celebrating the near-miss the same old BSF mafia are dragging it down with their nasty, cynical small-minded agendas.

That was wonderful speedway and if you can't enjoy that without carping this isn't your sport.

Edited by Angus Kix Lives
  • Like 5

He will win it but not this year. As much as I want to dislike Holder I can't help but like him.

Probably one of the first times he has been booed. Hardly a bad move and just a racing incident but all it really did was wind Holder up enough to do it again without touching.

Middlo and the boys did us all proud tonght but I still think an EF is not acceptable and the two we had tonight cost us the win.

The World Cup once again proving how truly amazing this wonderful sport of ours is. Some amazing racing, great tension and even a minor cufuffle in the pits.

I love the World Cup.

The World Cup once again proving how truly amazing this wonderful sport of ours is. Some amazing racing, great tension and even a minor cufuffle in the pits.

I love the World Cup.

Thanks for restoring my faith.

When are we going to wise up Poor management by Middlo again giving the Aussies an early tactical . Woofy against Aussie ????.

Terrific meeting. Great effort from our boys, but the class team won through in the end. Holder took the booing in the spirit of banter and handled himself very well. As much as the anti Poole sentiment on the forum tries, nobody can truthfully believe that Holder and Ward are anything but great for speedway. They are the kind of showmen our sport thrives on.

Well done Middlo's lads though. You did us proud.

Just to add how wonderful it was to see the Rico racing logo on the GB kevlars.

Edited by Bryce

Probably one of the first times he has been booed. Hardly a bad move and just a racing incident but all it really did was wind Holder up enough to do it again without touching.

Middlo and the boys did us all proud tonght but I still think an EF is not acceptable and the two we had tonight cost us the win.

He shouldn't have been excluded IMO.

When I tuned in tonight and saw Keith presenting I thought `great` a REAL commentator, but no we soon had the SCREAMING imbecile back assaulting our ears. What a complete amateur!!

And as for the useless bint in the pits asking the usual predictable questions it ruined for me a great meeting.

My TV has a volume button,you should get one!!

Love them or loath then the sky guys do more good for our sport than bad,great to hear them supporting GB,just how it should be,well done SKY

Edited by montie
  • Like 7

What a brilliant meeting, it had everything but most importantly it had racing!!! Surely Kings Lynn must be given the play offs and final next year.

Well done to all the riders for making a "proper speedway" meeting tonight...WOW!!!

• Like 2

To be fair to Tai he said his chain snapped

Time to move away from Kings Lynn now. Crowds looked average at best and as its completely out in the sticks we need it to change to a new venue. Guess people will moan about that comment but a change is needed.

after the quality of racing you have just seen again on what is pound for pound the best race track in the UK,you honestly want to move away from it???

Out in the sticks?? theres more to speedway than effing Poole you know!!

stick with what works,its the entertainment business you know

Edited by montie
  • Like 6

Great meeting on a superb race track.

Two fantastic races between bomber and chris holder.

I think we will struggle on thursday to compete with Poland and Denmark.

Touching tribute to RICO as well.

Great Meeting to watch, even on TV !

2(maybe 3) words, "unlucky" and "well-done" - apportion as appropriate !