British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Kings Lynn World Cup 9 July

Is that because its the only way "Team England" are going to make a final :D Because lets face it the Aussies hardly stepped out of second gear lastnight and still GB couldnt beat them. They even needed a pathetic joke of a rule to put their highest scorer in with the lowest scorers for double points just to make it look more respectable. The Czechs rode very well and if Pepe had performed better and Kus hadnt touched the tapes Engerland could well have been third. But hey it happened just like England failed to make the Final AGAIN. So off to the race off for more bias, annoying, repetative commentary. Also what was with the outdated imperialistic music at the breaks. Mind you either i was learning to drown them out or they got less and less along with GBs hopes of a win.

If Ward had been fit even a Joker and a Sub wouldnt have kept England close.

Come on the Danes!

And why do you like speedway again? The likes of you are more suited to football thanks

The reason the crowd numbers looked lower i believe was due to the fact last year the poles were in town and with the large eastern European community we have in Norfolk they packed out turns 1 and 2 last year by themselves. As for the meeting was one of the best i have ever seen, plenty of passing and wasn't follow the leader every heat like i had feared it may have been, team Gb rode their socks off and gave the fans something to cheer all nite, the track was fantastic and although slick it produces better racing than when its grippy as in the PL days at Lynn, if it does move next year it has a lot to live up to but would be nice for English speedway if we could get the final next year but if it come down to finances then can we compete with the other nations??

Is that because its the only way "Team England" are going to make a final :D Because lets face it the Aussies hardly stepped out of second gear lastnight and still GB couldnt beat them. They even needed a pathetic joke of a rule to put their highest scorer in with the lowest scorers for double points just to make it look more respectable. The Czechs rode very well and if Pepe had performed better and Kus hadnt touched the tapes Engerland could well have been third. But hey it happened just like England failed to make the Final AGAIN. So off to the race off for more bias, annoying, repetative commentary. Also what was with the outdated imperialistic music at the breaks. Mind you either i was learning to drown them out or they got less and less along with GBs hopes of a win.

If Ward had been fit even a Joker and a Sub wouldnt have kept England close.

Come on the Danes!

In the words of Mark Renton from Trainspotting:

It's nae good blamin it oan the English fir colonising us. Ah don't hate the English. They're just prats. We are colonised by prats. We can't even pick a decent, vibrant, healthy culture to be colonised by. No. We're ruled by effete arseholes. What does that make us? The lowest of the f****n low, tha's what, the scum of the earth. The most wretched, servile, miserable, pathetic trash that was ever shat intae creation. Ah don't hate the English. They just git oan wi the rubbishe thuv goat. Ah hate the Scots.

• Like 1

Dave, are you saying that anyone who doesnt support England isnt allowed to be a speedway fan?

Home straight, nice google skills but way off topic. Maybe next time come up with something relevant.

I see this place doesnt change, you cant speak your mind if it goes against the masses. Rather sad really.

It seems that it is impossible for some people to be satisfied - my point wasn't aimed at the lack of patriotism, as this country seems to only have that whenever something like this is in town (football included)

I was merely making a point that if you don't like what is provided, don't watch it.

Oh its not that i dont like watching it. I just hate they way they go on as they do year after year. The same bias yelling, the inane ranting, the constant talk of "Team England" while at the same time no other nation within the UK is allowed a team.

I actually love the World Cup i just wish they would broadcast it professionally and remember that not everyone is behind England.

I do believe that they're quite difficult to prepare after they've gone off though, hence why Harris didn't reattach his jacket to his bike after the first time it went off.

Apparently not. :)

Just unscrewed the co2 canister, put a new one in and re attached the lanyard, took about a minute. The jacket deflates on it's own. or just unscrew the canister.

• Like 1

Oh its not that i dont like watching it. I just hate they way they go on as they do year after year. The same bias yelling, the inane ranting, the constant talk of "Team England" while at the same time no other nation within the UK is allowed a team.

I actually love the World Cup i just wish they would broadcast it professionally and remember that not everyone is behind England.

Well p!$$ off to Denmark and watch their TV coverage.

Great Idea these new airbag vests, thing I might get my Mrs one for when I am feeling amourous :lol:

I think the air bags you are refering to can be bought at certain dodgy shops :lol:

Complete rubbish, several tracks can better that week in week out and Peterborough is one of them.

Week in, week out, Peterborough is better than that ? :unsure:

In my (albeit limited) experience it isn't (but its still one of my favourite tracks).

after the quality of racing you have just seen again on what is pound for pound the best race track in the UK,you honestly want to move away from it???

stick with what works,its the entertainment business you know

Quite.

There can be little doubt that that meeting was a huge success and a superb advert for British Speedway.

Why on earth would you want to move it elsewhere ? I am firm believer that if someone makes a success of a bif event they get it again, if they don't, they don't.

I am was no fan of King's Lynn or the Chapman's but quite simply they deserve next years round after that.

• Like 3

Jacques your just a do good, bleeding heart. You wouldnt know the meaning of bigot if it jumped up and slapped you in the face (what a lovely image) as i say just because i dont support what others support doesnt make me any less entitled to an opinion.

As to the other eejit, cant be bothered to mind his/her name. Why would i go to Denmark to watch speedway when i pay my Sky subscription to watch it at home? Thats just a ridiculously silly thing to say. I didnt realise that living in Scotland means i HAVE to support England.

Deary me, the English are so narrow minded. Maybe its time you realised you aint as great as you make out and not everyone is willing to buy into the team GB nonesense.

Good performance by England and they never stopped fighting til the end. If England can ride like that in Malilla and the track is similar to a GP they stand a chance, but mainly England's chances depend on Nicki Pedersen coming back. Well done England for last night anyway.

englgand.gif

• Like 2

Both SWC rounds have been out of this world.

Speedway at its very very best!

• Like 1

Good performance by England and they never stopped fighting til the end. If England can ride like that in Malilla and the track is similar to a GP they stand a chance, but mainly England's chances depend on Nicki Pedersen coming back. Well done England for last night anyway.

englgand.gif

Denmark will finish above GB with or without Nicki IMO. It's going to be a ding dong battle though Kelvin!