British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Kings Lynn World Cup 9 July

It's the north/south divide in another country maybe?lol

• Like 1

The FIM were interviewing the stewards and others until late on the night, due to a fracas in the pit parking area. I'm not sure but I think it was a spillover from the Harris/Holder incident in heat 10. From talking to the stewards it wasn't even Holder or Harris's pit crew either, just some of the many hangers on with access to the pits.

The FIM were interviewing the stewards and others until late on the night, due to a fracas in the pit parking area. I'm not sure but I think it was a spillover from the Harris/Holder incident in heat 10. From talking to the stewards it wasn't even Holder or Harris's pit crew either, just some of the many hangers on with access to the pits.

That wouldn't surprise me!

I dont want to watch it in silence,just a proffesional commentator is all I ask?

Being biased is ok with me, its the shouting I cant hack!!!

Pity Sky cant give us an audio option like BBC? lets face it,they charge enough?

Absolutely SPOT ON.The shouting and screaming from Pearson is something perhaps that an over excited spectator at the track may do, bit for a so called "professional" commentator, is a complete joke and embarassment.Notice he wasnt screaming and shouting so much as they went over the line in heart 19!!.If you want to see PROFESSIONAL commentators being "biased" but in a classy and grown up way, then just watch the WImbledon Tennis Final. Pearson is an embarassment to all professional commentators, enthusiasm is no excuse for shouting your head off like an inbecile!

I like the enthusiasm, better than monotone know nothings.

• Like 5

I like the enthusiasm, better than monotone know nothings.

You can hardly draw parallels between Speedway and Tennis either, which is a mind numbingly boring sport most of the time... :blink:

I don't mind the enthusiasm and even shouting when it's warranted. What I can't abide is being screeched at that "this is top drawer speedway Kelvin" when it's patently piss poor speedway.

You can hardly draw parallels between Speedway and Tennis either, which is a mind numbingly boring sport most of the time... :blink:

Oh come on, two blokes hitting a ball to each other over a net is every bit as exciting as four blokes going sideways round an enclosed track at break neck speeds and no breaks.....

Martin Smolinski has appologised to his team mates for his after meeting criticism of them all.He sticks by what he said,but not that it wasn't kept private........

http://sr-speedperfo...tion=show&id=80

So,anyone know just what was said????

I don't know what was said, but this:

1. Martin Smolinski © - 1, 0, 1, 1, 2, 1 = 6

Would seem to suggest he should keep his mouth shut.

Edited by home straight
  • Like 3

Well i hope some footage gets on youtube soon, Not only did i have to work last night but my sky box went and packed up. Sounds like a great meeting and a huge well done to Team GB, did better than i thought and when you think about what level we are at in the sport i think we pushed the Australians harder than they thought we would, Fingers crossed for Thursday.

Not sure if you've seen any of the footage yet, but the whole meetingcan be viewed at

No Pearson though, unfortunately!

I see in the Speedway Star it says that security had to sort out some farcas in the pits and outside? I know their was going on between Australia and GB in the pits but I did not see anything with the fans during or after the meeting myself.

I see in the Speedway Star it says that security had to sort out some farcas in the pits and outside? I know their was going on between Australia and GB in the pits but I did not see anything with the fans during or after the meeting myself.

It wasn't the paying fans, the incident happened where the riders vans were parked, so it was mainly hangers on with access all areas passes. Time to limit these deadheads getting into the pit area.

• Like 2