British Speedway Forum

Apologies-i didn`t see Madsen beat Mads in the final -i was watching Nicki come last :lol:

Have a look at his THREE World Titles while your on :wink:

Looks like the Danish league final is tomorrow at 5 pm (uk time ) 3 hour Programme-think the format/scoring is complicated maybe someone who knows can explain.

http://kanalsport.dk/

teams are

Esbjerg

Fjelsted

Holsted

Holstebro

points carried forward are

Esbjerg 24

Fjelsted 21

Holsted 19

Holstebro 17

Only Esbjerg or Fjelsted can finish champions.

Edited by racers and royals

Looks like the Danish league final is tomorrow at 5 pm (uk time ) 3 hour Programme-think the format/scoring is complicated maybe someone who knows can explain.

http://kanalsport.dk/

teams are

Esbjerg

Fjelsted

Holsted

Holstebro

points carried forward are

Esbjerg 24

Fjelsted 21

Holsted 19

Holstebro 17

Only Esbjerg or Fjelsted can finish champions.

As i understand it the winner of the meeting gets 4 points added to the league points gained so far with points for the positions descending 3, 2, 0 (i originally presumed 4th gets one point but going by a recent article it's possibly no points for last place) thereafter. This is why only Esbjerg and Fjelsted can be crowned champions. Also it's the reason why Holsted and Holstebro can only acheive a silver medal at most. The hosts Esbjerg only need to finish third to take the title or Fjelstedt not to win.

Only got two hours sleep last night and it's now 2:30am with no sleeping in tomorrow so i've done my best lol. It not easy to track down regulations and comprehend Google translate whilst suffering from sleep deprivation you know lol lol.

Hopefully our regular Danish correspondents will confirm or inform us otherwise regards to the above. Same goes for the final line-ups, but for now these are the provisional line-ups.

Esbjerg Motorsport

Niels-Kristian Iversen

Mikkel Bech Jensen

Leon D. Madsen

Steen Jensen,

Jesper Kristiansen V.

Team Fjelsted

Hans Andersen

Rene Bach

Peter Kildemand

Claus Vissing

Henrik Moeller

Holsted Club Speedway

Nicki Pedersen

Patrick Hougaard

Nicklas Porsing

Nicolai Klindt

Rasmus Jensen

Holstebro Speedway Club

Bjarne Pedersen

Aleksandr Łoktajew

Andrei Karpov

Nikolai B. Jakobsen

Jonas B. Andersen

Incidentally, i came across current attendance averages for the teams. Not sure if these have been mentioned elsewhere.

2274 Holstebro

1640 Esbjerg

1640 Holsted

1258 Fjelsted

1115 Slangerup

993 Grindsted

910 Outrup

Edited by manchesterpaul

So what is the race format for this then?

Not a 4 team format is it? :(

Every chance its 1 rider from each team in every race possibly over 25 heats(20 + 5 nominated)

However i know as much as you.

Looks to me like kanalsport has gone out of business?????Seem to get a new football site 442.dk now

Where are our Danes in times of need. Gee whizz it's the day of the Danish League Final they got to be around soon lol. Ok until they drop in this Google Translated from aktuellspeedway;

Facts - so run Super Final Super Final run after a four team schedule.

That drives numbers 1-4 from each team, They meet three other team drivers in place 1-4. In addition, all law reserves running # 5, to meet each other in three heats. After 19 heats will be run three final heats. winner gets four points, second 3 points, third place two points and fourth grade receive no points. law brings the score table you have run into During the season. If the two teams would end up on equal points after the Final, They will be separated for placement in the Super Final.

Ok pretty clear it's a four team format with one rider per team and not pairings in each race.

Now other sources i checked last night all indicated, as i posted earlier, that this meeting ends up with teams being awarded points on their position 4, 3, 2, 1 0. Those points are added to their league points already earned. That fits in with all the associated talk about only Esbjerg and Fjelsted being able to win the championship.

In the above extract it says there will be nineteen heats followed by three more and then the next sentence may appear to couple with the previous one when mentioning the 4 points scoring making it sound as if it's talking about actual heat points. However, going on all other articles i'm 'guessing' that it is actually referring to the meeting points?

Not being conversant as to the nuances of how Google Translate works with the Danish language i'm unsure as to whether the final sentence refers to a run-off in event of tied points.

Looks to me like kanalsport has gone out of business?????Seem to get a new football site 442.dk now

I've just tested the normal link and it (now) has white page saying "Technical problems - we are sorry and is back soon!"

UPDATE The site is back online http://kanalsport.dk/

Edited by manchesterpaul

Strange.Looks like the site has changed toa football site,but at least they are still advertising the Superliga final for kanalsport.So hope springs eternal or something like that

:party:Seems to be working again.....sigh of relief here :party:

Edited by iris123

Don't like 4TT but will give it a go as some damn good riders there.

It is a pity MJJ not there and I mean that without irony. :)

Good. Well it's up. And not raining :t:

Good to see the teams ain't packed with foreign riders,but made up mainly of danes :t:

Good to see the teams ain't packed with foreign riders,but made up mainly of danes :t:

All Danes other than the 2 Ukrainians.

We could never manage that here :(

Their National anthem is better than our stupid ass kissing of a bunch of germans :):)

Edited by pandorum

Probably bad for England in that there are likely more than a few young 'uns.

Can't place the name of it but that National Anthem so sounded like a rip-off of a well known tune!

Don't understand the betting odds at the bottom of the screen. They aren't in the UK fraction such as 7/4 and although looking as if they are the direct decimal version the prices belie that. Heat one has

Esbjerg 10.00

Fjelsted 1.80

Holsted 2.70

Holstebro 4.50

If Esbjerg are at 10/1 wow take some of that lol.

LATEST NEWS: Wow coooool i like the lady in red, very nice starting ladies. They dumped the dumpy ones for the final lol, omg that harsh but true.

Edited by manchesterpaul