British Speedway Forum

Ridiculous comment.

Really? Harris in the top 8 of the gps then? Has he qualified for the GP challenge?

Really? Harris in the top 8 of the gps then? Has he qualified for the GP challenge?

Using Harris's GP scoring as justification for not including him in the GB team is ludicrous. You still haven't answered my question by the way.

I have to agree (unfortunately !) that GB put up a bad performance tonight.....I wish also that Middlo would try a different batch of riders albeit younger with no experience, as this way they would at least gain some WC experience, instead of same old same old. ( did you see TW chatting away for team OZ during meeting :sad: really showed his solidarity with the right team.......NOT!). Wish Sky would stop apologising when riders swear......we know exactly what the football players are saying too if only by lip reading and no apols for them, plus for people who English is their second language they seem to think the F word is normal queens english, unfortunately!

Edited by emerald tyke

Using Harris's GP scoring as justification for not including him in the GB team is ludicrous. You still haven't answered my question by the way.

Maybe it is ludicrous but according to you team selection is based on what a rider does abroad? I did answer your question.

Scott scored 11 points on Monday, Barker and Bridger combined wouldn't have scored that. Scott deserved his place in the team tonight.

The next generation as you put it would be exposed on the World stage big time. We would end up in the qualifiers along with Latvia and Hungary etc

Congratulations to Scott for scoring so well against the Czechs and the Germans :rolleyes:

When it comes to the race offs he has gone missing for a while now.

Nicholls is being exposed when it matters.

We wont be in the qualifiers next year having reached the race off . Its time to start blooding riders for the future - or we have no future.

We arent strong enough to make the final with the top 4 we have, time to blood at least one young rider.

If we dont build we may as well accept we are good enough for 2nd in our round (if at home) and should reach 3rd in the race off.

Time to start re-building.

Maybe it is ludicrous but according to you team selection is based on what a rider does abroad? I did answer your question.

Are you on a wind up here?

All the riders you mentioned would have been embarrassed beyond belief tonight but that's ok because they are the new generation. Utter nonsense.

All the riders you mentioned would have been embarrassed beyond belief tonight but that's ok because they are the new generation. Utter nonsense.

So its ok for Nicholls to be embarrased beyond belief????? Hardly a great view point.

Time to start re-building.

Yes, 10 years to late and probably won't happen for another 10 with Neil ' old pals act' middleditch in charge

• Like 1

All of which could've backfired on Denmark, I do agree about more and more teenagers to up to international level quickly. I would rather have a few years of lesser success in terms of qualification and get the young Brits the experience of racing the Swc qualifiers and see where it takes team gb

and I agree, it could,ve backfired. but it didn't. This was King's 2nd year (or is it more?). Did he look any better? (He had his moments at KL fair play to him) Would Bridger have done better? And unfortunately I think you may be in the minority because most people wouldn't put up with a few years of worse than this... although that may be where we're heading regardless.

Nicholls bikes are like snails tonight. Why do us Brits always struggle for speed on the Continent????

Very very true it might help if we could gate but as always we look very very slow perhaps we ride 500's ????

Pretty spot on I'd say, apart from the 5 good heats, just a joker instead.

You quote your own posts, how pretentious. Well done you.

Ok so Middlo keeps picking the old brigade and gb Finnish last anyway without giving other riders a chance to learn

You quote your own posts, how pretentious. Well done you.

Hardly, it just saves posting it again to sum up the meeting.

Nicholls and king hardly looked much better.

So we just keep wheeling out riders who prove time and time again they are longer valid on the World stage?

How do we get the next generation on to the next level if we dont give them some exposure?

Id rather have seen Barker or Bridger struggle than watch an out of depth Nicholls who should do better but is past the international scene now.

I would have liked to see Barker and Bridger in the pits helping out in the pits perhaps learning what it is all about rather than seeing one spend most of his time in the bar at Kings Lynn and another moaning on twitter how he wants to be in the team
  • Like 4