British Speedway Forum

Despite the fact that it worked in our favour this time the Joker is a pathetic rule. Denmark win 6 of 8 heats and yet are only 2 points up.

Alan.

• Like 1

Despite the fact that it worked in our favour this time the Joker is a pathetic rule. Denmark win 6 of 8 heats and yet are only 2 points up.

Alan.

Denmark win 6 races out of 8, we win 1 and yet we're only 2 points behind. Don't know if its fair but the joker certainly keeps things close.

Not for long and can anyone disagree with what i said about Tatum (and the other presenters getting all giddy that we are back in it?)

Tatum says we are right back in it! Well if we can play a joker against a pointless Danish rider in every race maybe. A little bit pesky the fact that every other Danish rider have won their races TWICE. Get real Tatum.

Alan.

Even without the joker, it could still happen. In theory.

For example:

Denmark: 3, X, 3, 3, 3, 3, X ,3 = 18

GB: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 = 16

Nicholls bikes are like snails tonight. Why do us Brits always struggle for speed on the Continent????

Edited by screamer

Well done Woofy.

Need to see some racing, been nothing apart from falls offs. Dire so far

Very nice indeed to see Tai stepping up so strongly, just hope he can continue to do so and not only make the SGP but race well in it.

Disagree fairly strongly that it has been dire, there has been a fair smattering of racing in the early stages.

The way people are moaning on here youd've thought we were tailed off !!

It's only me moaning fella. I want us too win

The way people are moaning on here youd've thought we were tailed off !!

I'm certainly not moaning per se just realistically observing. An England.......oops......GB win is a massive bonus but i love speedway so enjoy pretty much every meeting.

Very nice indeed to see Tai stepping up so strongly, just hope he can continue to do so and not only make the SGP but race well in it.

Disagree fairly strongly that it has been dire, there has been a fair smattering of racing in the early stages.

Couldn't agree more - so far it's been pretty good value - can't believe how poorly Poland are riding tonight, or why KK isn't in the team - he grows an extra leg in SWC.

Hmmm Danes FIVE races without a win.

Woffy showing why he deserves to be Brit in the GP`s.

We are at least well in this.

Still think that the battle will be between Poland and the Danes come the last few heats.

As the track slickens off England will go backwards and Polska will get better.

That 2nd bike of Gollob's is amazing

Makes him go so much faster, just like last year :neutral:

Makes you wonder why he doesn't make the 2nd bike his 1st bike..... then again you don't really want the machine examiner getting too close to it before the meeting...

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 4

I'd love to believe that the joker induced false scoreline gives us a chance and get's the Danes shaky with two teams breathing down their necks, however, i look at our scoring and see NIcholls with two points from three rides. I also would have hoped Danny King might have picked up another point or two to bolster belief in our ambitions.

I think Denmark qualifying will add even more spice to a final staged in Sweden.