British Speedway Forum

Australia have 4 riders who can match it up with the very best and that's Sullivan,Ward,Holder and Crump.

Watt was out of his depth just like last year in the world cup final.

A year on and the same yet again.

3 years in a row... When will Mark Lemon learn!

WTF? Sullivan has retired from racing. Schlein has 'retired' from international racing!!! Could have taken Dyer, Smith or North though!!! :D:wink:

I think Sullivan rides on a Polish licence so won't be picked by MA

Hasn't something been missed here? Sullivan has retired!

Otherwise Rickardsson would be riding for Sweden and Ermolenko for the Yanks. :rolleyes:

Plus i notice the thread was started by the forums biggest attention seeker, 2 pages of attention already.

Otherwise Rickardsson would be riding for Sweden and Ermolenko for the Yanks. :rolleyes:

Plus i notice the thread was started by the forums biggest attention seeker, 2 pages of attention already.

Yes but that's in 12mths Steve, so not all bad eh :lol:

http://www.sportowef...iem-zwyciestwa-

Lemon says Watt will be dropped (too big problems with engines). Any idea who might step in?

looking at the squad would have to be Woodward? not great strength in depth at all for the aussies i mean they even took North

NOT sure it is entirely his choice, just as it wasn't with Bocey and Ryan Sullivan. Some faces fit, some don't...

I don't quite get the inference for 2013 here.

Whose face didn't 'fit' when Davey's did.

This year.

Does anyone know the reason why Sullivan was excluded from the team?

he was secretly female?

Please note, the post was written in 2012 when Sullivan was riding.!!

Edited by peatbog
  • Like 1

Please note, the post was written in 2012 when Sullivan was riding.!!

Aaaah, i didn't get to see the original post as its on my ignore list. :t:

I think Sullivan rides on a Polish licence so won't be picked by MA

Unless things have changed a rider in the World Cup will represent the country who issue his passport, in Sullivans case this would have been Australia. In individual world championship events, i.e the GP, a rider wears the colours of the country who issue his race license.

Merely by riding on a license of the PZM for example wouldn't make a rider eligible to ride for Poland in the WTC, but because his affiliation to the FIM is through the Polish Federation he would wear the Polish flag on his body colour in the GP

Edited by Oldace

Unless things have changed a rider in the World Cup will represent the country who issue his passport, in Sullivans case this would have been Australia. In individual world championship events, i.e the GP, a rider wears the colours of the country who issue his race license.

Merely by riding on a license of the PZM for example wouldn't make a rider eligible to ride for Poland in the WTC, but because his affiliation to the FIM is through the Polish Federation he would wear the Polish flag on his body colour in the GP

While all correct, you would have to imagine if a rider is being licensed by another country there has probably been a falling out. So while technically possible it's in reality, unlikely.