British Speedway Forum

The SGP series needs a huge shake up. The fact that in the last four rounds we've seen a non perminant rider through to the final (Zmarzlik, Vaculik x2, Pavlic and Kasprzak) just shows how much stronger the SGP could be. I have massive respect to all riders but to bring in Bjarne Pedersen and Peter Ljung it was obvious they were going to struggle. The Polish league rule of 1 GP rider needs to be scrapped, consequently the likes of Ward, MJJ, B.Jensen, Vaculik, Woffinden, Jonasson, Janowski, Pawlicki, Zmarzlik (and others) can take their place in the GP not neccessarily this year but in years to come. Also older riders such as Gollob and Hancock will in the next few years decide to retire, these places must be filled with effect and bring in the youngsters as well as keeping some veterens.

+ Top 6 to auto qualify to next year

+ Three Wildcards through the GP Challenge

+ 6 Wildcard picks by organisers (This gives the GP something to fall back on if injuries are a problem such as Hampel this year, and can bring in fresh faces on a yearly basis.)

Finally this wouldn't solve any more wildcard riders but a poll to see who people want in the SGP series so the organisers have plenty of options and don't just pick the obvious.

to bring in Bjarne Pedersen

What reason do you have for excluding the runner up in the GP Challenge?

Niamh

The SGP series needs a huge shake up. T

+ Top 6 to auto qualify to next year

+ Three Wildcards through the GP Challenge

+ 6 Wildcard picks by organisers (This gives the GP something to fall back on if injuries are a problem such as Hampel this year, and can bring in fresh faces on a yearly basis.)

Finally this wouldn't solve any more wildcard riders but a poll to see who people want in the SGP series so the organisers have plenty of options and don't just pick the obvious.

You say the GP series needs a huge shake up,and then offer us a system that will do nothing of the sort.It is basically the same as what we have.Ok only 6 instead of 8 qualify automatically,but that is just in theory.Same as now although only 8 are assured the next few are picked as wildcards anyway generally.So if you only have 6,do you think the riders finishing in 7th,8th and 9th etc won't just get the wildcards? And then where is the shake-up?As it is we have a really close chase for the title and there were outside reasons for one or two of the riders not being in the series.If as i believe has been stated that the Polish rule won't be applied next year then we have the makings of another great series.So personally i don't see any reason in changing and i don't see the need for a shake-up.The youngsters are coming,no worries.Just give them time

I see where you're coming from with the 7th - 9th just getting wildcards anyway but i mean that seeing the talent that Ward and MJJ and others have the GP series could be more competitive

Ward's stuck up 2 fingers to the GPs, he should show he wants it by qualifying.

Oh and if some folk think Tai is a poor role model then what does that make Ward?

Niamh

• Like 1

Top 8 from the previous year automatically qualify.

From those that were not in the top 8.

Two wild cards chosen by the hosting nation, to keep the locals happy.

Saturday Afternoon meeting of the next best 16 riders, 20 heats to decide the next 6 places.

The 6 qualifiers will have had to ride more, but should have an idea of the track and it's only 5 minutes of effort really.

Haven't a clue how to pick the next best 16, but I would look at the top of the averages in Poland, Sweden and Denmark as a starting point, plus then let BSI choose their wildcards.

Just my 2 pennethworth.

Would quite like a GP2, ideally the same day or day before in same stadium.

GP1 would be top 10 riders (seeded for every round), followed by top 5 from GP2 meet (prev or same day) with an additional wild card (home rider).

End of season top 5 from GP1 are guaranteed place joined by top 5 GP2 riders, making upto 10 and then same format as above for each individual meet.

Bottom 5 of original seeded riders then drop to the GP2 joining whoever qualifies much as we have now.

Can already see complications of this and logistically it would prob never work. But would be a great weekend of racing to get 2 meets either fri/sat or sat afternoon/sat evening.

Shoot me down but its only an idea

How many tracks would handle 43 heats in 1 day?

Niamh

If thats the only problem im sure someone will think of a solution. I will get a letter written rite away to the powers that be. Cant see how it will possibly fail now. :cheers:

Edited by Cj69

You could easily reduce the number of heats by not having too many riders in the Qualifying Meeting. Reduce it to 10 or 12 riders.

If thats the only problem im sure someone will think of a solution. I will get a letter written rite away to the powers that be. Cant see how it will possibly fail now. :cheers:

On the continent we regularly have meetings with 40 or so heats.Used to love it when Kevin Wölbert,Christian Hefenbrock,Tobi Kroner etc were in the U21s.You'd get a 20-odd heat U21 meeting in the morning and then in the afternoon a 20 odd heat Bundesliga meeting

• Like 1

Oh and if some folk think Tai is a poor role model then what does that make Ward?

Niamh

Was it that, or a court case he had to attend first that had a decision in that

Niamh

Ward is one of the best riders in the world,the series needs him as fans surely we want the best riders in it?
  • Like 1

Niamh

Exactly. Ward thinks hes too important to have to qualify. Hes a horrible person. I wouldnt want to put up with watching him in gps (bad enough having to see him in EL)

Hope wildcards are vaculik, iversen, mjj and hampel

Was it that, or a court case he had to attend first that had a decision in that

Those of us who know people involved can tell u what they think of that decision.