British Speedway Forum

my 4 Wildcards would also be Hampel, Vaculik, Ward and Jepsen Jensen. Just got a gut feeling though that one of them may miss out in favour of Woffinden.

Ward, Vaculik, MJJ and Hampel without question

Woffinden will be outclassed big time if he goes in and will make the organisers look a right bunch of bellends. And if Harris gets another wild card it will be even worse.

We wouldn't be onto page 25 if the qualifying criteria for the GP was different...

Firstly put the 9-15 riders from the GP into the GP challenge (this way you may not get qualifiers from the challenge who don't bring anything to the GP's - Ljung, Laguta etc...). Or at least split them into the two GP semi-finals..

And then......

Top 8 GP riders from previous year

Top 5 from the GP Challenge

World U21 Champion (If they have the setup team / finances to do the U21 rounds, they can do the SGP)

1 Wild card chosen by BSI/IMG (possibly to cover for instances like Hampel this year...)

1 Wild card per round picked by the holding club/nation

Then in a couple of years time, everything will filter round to having the top 15 + 1 riders in the world on the world stage...

You shouldn't get any picks based on Nationality or how well you've performed domestically... Earn your place amongst the SGP Elite and if certain riders don't make it then so be it...

People seem to forget that Tai was unable to qualify this season due to injury and maybe last year to? Even though he is arrogant he does have the talent to make a big impact in the sport.

Trans -World Sport have just shown an article on Tia ,Interview and chat would suggest he is well in line for GP spot.What I found most interesting is he clearly shows his Australian upbringing still means a lot to him (naturally) and that he is definately not a Brit other as a conveniance for his speedway career IMO.

• Like 1

But we all knew he isnt a Brit really.

24 carate pr1ck is a better descript of the guy

Edited by LewisP
  • Like 4

Problem is if tai cant win the british final on own track, will he be able to do much in the gp

FAIRLY soon I would guess. Perhaps as early as next week.

Excellent. Then we can have dozens of pages of debate over the Brit getting a wildcard :D

• Like 1

It's not 'bagging', it's stating the obvious. I would dearly love to see a competetive British rider in the GP's, but I, like many others, am frustrated at seeing average Brits, undeserving of a place on the world stage, fighting for the odd point.

I'd far rather we have a season out, give our riders and controlling body a reality check, then hopefully see them buck up their ideas in the next 12 months and actually qualify.

Look at Niels Kritstian Iversen's transformation in the past year, that could be Harris, Woffinden or even Nicholls if they reassessed their approach to the sport.

No Vaculik? A rider who won his debut GP and has scored more points in 6 rounds, than Harris did in 12? If Woffinden gets a pick ahead of him, then BSI really are a bunch of comedians...

JT.

Yep you're right. Vaculik miles clear of Tai for a pick. Sub Tai for MJJ as a proven winner at International level. My bad!

Edited by Undercover Elephant
  • Like 1

For what it is worth an online poll by the German language magazine,Speedweek came up with the following results

Vaculik 139 votes

Ward 105

Hampel 99

Jepsen Jensen 84

Woffinden 62

Smolinski 47

Laguta 18

Mikkel Bech 14

U21 world champ 8

Think the Vojens clubs poll of the Danes who should get a wc is a massive victory for Jepsen Jensen.....

Vaculik 139 votes

Ward 105

Hampel 99

Jepsen Jensen 84

If these riders are picked for the GP next year, it could potentially be the most exciting SGP ever. Never before have I seen a field of riders where any one of them could win a GP.

Edited by Dave_Minall
  • Like 1