British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skodaman

Pride Of The Midlands 26/08

Quite a lot of people go away bank holiday weekend as well given that it's also back to school soon so last chance getaways maybe?

That said the crowd wasn't as big as I thought it would be. I only just arrived in time for the parade and still got a spot right by the fence.

Yep ok but last week from what I was told by a few fans was rubbish but hopefully as we get close to the play offs and the promise of the tarck changes sounds ok. But I over heard Kauko saying to someone who will you be here next season and he said may be not. So is he getting pissed off with the track or all of the changes to mangement and Lambert going who knows

Yes but last week I heard was a right shambles with fans booing if that's correct

Yes they were and had every right too

I heard the meeting wasnt very well supported today, surprised but again alot of people i guess wont pay out on a nothing meeting.

I thought the crowd loooked reasonably healthy but as the wife did point out there weren't so many Leicester fans. I guess Individuals such as POTM have died out over the years because of the apathy fans (and riders) have towards them. Do any individuals still get a big crowd?

Mick.

I don't think fans (or riders as you rightly say) are interested in individual meetings any more. However, whilst agreeing with you, The Brandonapolis at Coventry got a massive crowd but that was probably because it hadn't been held for a number of years so it was a bit of a novelty. Shame there were so many people there because it was a damn awful long drawn out meeting and I left before the end.

It was quite a good meeting and nice to see a home rider win there was a few good races with passing. I was very impressed with Jacob Thorsell he rode very well and again Mason Campton looked good.

The crowd was not as good as I expected but a combination of things affected the numbers

Yep ok but last week from what I was told by a few fans was rubbish but hopefully as we get close to the play offs and the promise of the tarck changes sounds ok. But I over heard Kauko saying to someone who will you be here next season and he said may be not. So is he getting pissed off with the track or all of the changes to mangement and Lambert going who knows

I have heard 2 or 3 riders have agreed in principal to come back next year but i would not be surprised if Kauko wasn't one of them given his friendship with Jason Attwood and the animosity between Jason and Glyn Taylor.

Edited by volty

I don't think fans (or riders as you rightly say) are interested in individual meetings any more. However, whilst agreeing with you, The Brandonapolis at Coventry got a massive crowd but that was probably because it hadn't been held for a number of years so it was a bit of a novelty. Shame there were so many people there because it was a damn awful long drawn out meeting and I left before the end.

I don't either Gemini . the 45,000 at Cardiff must have gone for the interval entertainment , The usual suspects are on here making excuses why the attendance was poor .Why they have to defend everything Leicester speedway does right or wrong is beyond me i don't suppose it has occurred to anyone that a track with a reputation for poor racing and a rubbish line-up was hardly going to tempt people to divert from their journey home after spending the weekend watching the worlds best in exciting surroundings

Enjoyed the racing, shame about Henning, Bjerre worthy winner.

Fisher should have been fined for turning up with a bike that was covered in shale along with his leathers, knew we were in for a slow meeting when I read that McGregor was in charge, slowest ref in speedway and can they please do something about the strat marshalls, a right pair of dunder heads, the two minutes on the riders coming round for the race and this pair of fools couldent get the spare tapes fixed to the posts.

the big bloke who brings them to the tapes dosent seem to understand that you can move at a quicker pace when you have to and has no idea of what he is doing, suggest he goes and watches how the others do it at Wolves, Cov and Bham, train the bloke.

Apart from that enjoyed my sunday afternoon racing.

I don't either Gemini . the 45,000 at Cardiff must have gone for the interval entertainment , The usual suspects are on here making excuses why the attendance was poor .Why they have to defend everything Leicester speedway does right or wrong is beyond me i don't suppose it has occurred to anyone that a track with a reputation for poor racing and a rubbish line-up was hardly going to tempt people to divert from their journey home after spending the weekend watching the worlds best in exciting surroundings

let me get this straight, you're having a go at Leicester for not attempting or being able to match what was going on at Cardiff?

The crowd was better than normal but not as big as some hoped for. It wasn't poor, It looked a good crowd to me and I would have said it was the second largest of the season after the Karlsson fiasco but there wasn't a huge Leicester contingent in the crowd. Is that me making excuses?

Mick.

Yes but last week I heard was a right shambles with fans booing if that's correct

It was indeed a shambles due to the referee not pushing the meeting on - It was entirely down to him in my opinion.

I have heard 2 or 3 riders have agreed in principal to come back next year but i would not be surprised if Kauko wasn't one of them given his friendship with Jason Attwood and the animosity between Jason and Glyn Taylor.

What animosity??

Nothing meeting I agree with: but generally the racing has not been so bad this season; admittedly there have been some poor ones as well. Flagrag said there was some good racing on Sunday. Even during the shambles last weekend there was some good racing.

What animosity??

My bad. It seems animosity was last months news and i'm told all is rosy now.

It does seems they get on so well now that Jason is now passing on some of his 'tactical skills' to Glyn, going by heat 7 of Rye House meet :blink:.

Anyways, lets hope the upshot of the rosy garden is Kauko being back next year and the track getting altered.

Mick.

let me get this straight, you're having a go at Leicester for not attempting or being able to match what was going on at Cardiff?

The crowd was better than normal but not as big as some hoped for. It wasn't poor, It looked a good crowd to me and I would have said it was the second largest of the season after the Karlsson fiasco but there wasn't a huge Leicester contingent in the crowd. Is that me making excuses?

Mick.

Only in your head am I having a go at Leicester for anything. Also nice try with the Cardiff analogy but I'm afraid that's something else only you can read into the post . Would it hurt you physically to accept occasionally that some of the things Leicesters promotion try don't work ?. And being new to speedway have to learn from mistakes because they wont listen to advice from more experienced promoters , Second largest of the season eh? I happen to know for a fact that it was not . in fact it was nowhere near and it was only just above the break even figure . but with your clouded vision I can see why you would think it was .

Only in your head am I having a go at Leicester for anything. Also nice try with the Cardiff analogy but I'm afraid that's something else only you can read into the post . Would it hurt you physically to accept occasionally that some of the things Leicesters promotion try don't work ?. And being new to speedway have to learn from mistakes because they wont listen to advice from more experienced promoters , Second largest of the season eh? I happen to know for a fact that it was not . in fact it was nowhere near and it was only just above the break even figure . but with your clouded vision I can see why you would think it was .

I think you're letting your own issues blinker your view that i'm someone who blindly backs this promotion. As someone who has complained vociferously on here (and in e-mails to the promotion) about the track, hard standing on the bends, presentation, team management and many other things i also feel it's a sharp learning curve for promotion and they are putting right or attempting to put right most issues that arise/have arisen. Difference is i don't think (track aside) the product that is out there is too bad. And my view is it's a better product than we would have if it wasn't for Hemsley (that being we'd have nothing at all).

I'll say it again, crowd, whilst much of a muchness, looked the better end of that normal BP attendance to me which was helped by 3 bus loads of cardiff fans (in which case it probably would have been well down). i don't have the 'facts' you have, just my two eyes.

Anyway, back to your ill informed put downs. I'll man up to it :neutral:

Mick.

Edited by volty