British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Mildenhall V The Heathens

and still no answer to the question we keep asking.

Planning permission maybe???

Which team you supporting this week then?????

, and about feeding a troll,crumbs are not my idea of a feed

TMW was thinking about supporting Scunthorpe at Workington on Saturday night but I think that you may have blown that opportunity now.

Edited by Great Central

TMW was thinking about supporting Scunthorpe at Workington on Saturday night but I think that you may have blown that opportunity now.

Im sure any chance of the bread knife supporting scunny are long gone fella!!

Anyway back to the point,one thing you have to say is with these lads missing from the NL it proves the NL is working and young brits are stepping up,and good luck to them,i hope many many more do the same

NL team will just have to get on with it until the play offs then maybe pop back in and get a winners medal :t:

Edited by montie

A few riders LOL, you are talking 5 out of 14, by my reckoning thats more than a third, I have an idea who we will use to cover Adam :wink: RR for Ash and an un attached 3 pointer for Tom we will get by, but the meeting will be de-valued.

A few (2 or 3) per team is what I said. So yes, 5. It's far from ideal, but such is the sport. I have seen meetings run with more riders missing. The worse of which was in 2003 when King's Lynn had to run with a team complete of guests and r/r! That was rough.

Maybe if we have had a glorious summer with only a handful of rain-offs you could argue the case of calling it off, but it's not been the case.

Mildenhall still have the rest of their NL campaign to run, there's KOC aswell, NT, play-offs, etc. All to run in about 10-11 weeks or so?

By the way, you're not allowed to use Jan O for Roynon! ;)

Why on earth dont Mildenhall just do the sensible thing and bring the start of this fixture forward?!

That way, the fans will get to see both sides as near full strength as possible, instead of two below strength sides patched up with guests.

There'll be an almighty scramble for guests, and with Roynon's average higher than Heeps' anyway, Dudley could well get a stronger guest in than Mildenhall (who havent always chosen to use a heatleader to replace Heeps) and that could be the difference on the day, anyway.

As others have said, both sides will finish in the play-offs whatever happens. The greater all-round strength of Dudley's 1-7 than that of Mildenhall and Stoke will see them top the league table, whatever the result of this fixture. Plus, any hope Mildenhall had of topping the table took a serious dent when losing to Stoke last week.

Allow both team's strongest possible line-up's to take each other on, and have the best possible spectacle. Otherwise the whole thing could turn into a farce, and the paying public dont deserve that.

Edited by neil3065

In fairness, I can see how bringing this forward would help. Dudley have some of the best travelling support of any NL clubs, and with the way this meeting is lining up and the tone of the press releases... Mildenhall seem to be losing out on a potentially bigger than normal crowd.

Personally, I'm just glad I don't go to Mildenhall every week, after the start time confusion last week too, I'd be getting pretty frustrated about now.

Personally, I'm just glad I don't go to Mildenhall every week, after the start time confusion last week too, I'd be getting pretty frustrated about now.

What confusion about last week???

It was advertised long before the meeting that it would be a 3pm start!! Actually posted on the clubs facebook page on 22nd July and on their Official website on the 20th July. As the meeting was not until Sunday 5th August surey that was enough notice?

Of course unfortunately due to weather conditions it didn't in fact start until 4.45pm, but surely that was better than another rainoff?

What confusion about last week???

It was advertised long before the meeting that it would be a 3pm start!! Actually posted on the clubs facebook page on 22nd July and on their Official website on the 20th July. As the meeting was not until Sunday 5th August surey that was enough notice?

Of course unfortunately due to weather conditions it didn't in fact start until 4.45pm, but surely that was better than another rainoff?

Feel you are wasting your time Phil.

Reading this thread maybe the best thing Mildy can do is ask other teams when they want to come here and what time they want to start and we will fit in. After the Blackbird issue last meeting who in their right mind at Mildy would want to do the same again - a no brainer, I am sure would put more on the gate too.

Have to say I agree with Rhidassa, changing the start time can cause confusion - I guess most of us take it for granted that it will be 4.30 every week and perhaps some don't have access to local media or read website's etc, surely best where possible to keep a regular slot.

TBH the only mention of moving the Dudley fixture forward came from a Dudley fan on this forum, not seen it anywhere else and was not mentioned at the Stoke meeting - which surely would have been the obvious time to publicise and advise home fans. I suspect we maybe seeing a bit of mischief making here, or is there a hidden agenda?

Heathens take it on the chin, we had to with Lewis last week with no whingeing - we lost and got on with it - best of luck to Lewis, Roynon is quality and is not out of his depth in the Elite, Perry - well if he chooses another Sport his call - that is nothing to do with Speedway and down to your Promotion, Ash Morris continues to improve deserves to step up let them go they will all be back for the play-offs.

Kev

Edited by norwichkev
  • Like 1

Most stupid post ever goes to you kev. Speedway star are clearly stating 3pm strt was agreed and also leicester have said and dudley. Perhaps all av dreamnt it then and u midly fans are right. Win at all costs, if thats your best chance then you carry on,

Dont see why dudley would put on there website they are objecting to it if they thought it was half four from the start.

The only mention of the time being altered was from a Dudley fan on this forum???? You obviously haven't read the speedway star. Or seen the Dudley website. Or seen the Leicester website. In fact you must have been asleep!

Dear me The Coach was booked to arrive at Mildenhall for a 3-00pm start, is that mischief making, or an hidden agenda ?? absolutely ridiculous statement. :mad:

Tell you what, if Mildenhall AND their supporters want it that bad, we will just concede it to you, and see you in the play offs. :sad:

• Like 1

The only mention of the time being altered was from a Dudley fan on this forum???? You obviously haven't read the speedway star. Or seen the Dudley website. Or seen the Leicester website. In fact you must have been asleep!

The thing you don't seem to get is,this is the 1st any of us have actually heard about it.No mention of it being brought foward over the Mic for the last 2 meetings (which there would have been).Nothing on the mildenhall site (which there would have been).Nothing.As I've said previously,at the pairs there were changes announced over the mic to some fixtures.No mention of this fixture being brought foward.As some people don't have access to the net,this would have been the best time to say anything,but nothing was saidd

.For some Mildenhall fans who haven't got access to the net,and haven't heard about this "change" in time (which they wouldn't have done) they would be turning up at 4.30 like normal.If they get to the stadium just as the meeting is finishing,chances are they will be annoyed,and possibly think twice about coming again.

I'm all for bringing the start foward to see the best riders about,but,if it comes down to seeing the best riders or leaving it until 4.30 for those who haven't heard about this "change",there is no contest for me.The club has to come first and the time left at 4.30.Got to look after your own at the end of the day.They are the ones who come regularly,they are the ones who keep the club going.

The thing you don't seem to get is,this is the 1st any of us have actually heard about it.No mention of it being brought foward over the Mic for the last 2 meetings (which there would have been).Nothing on the mildenhall site (which there would have been).Nothing.As I've said previously,at the pairs there were changes announced over the mic to some fixtures.No mention of this fixture being brought foward.As some people don't have access to the net,this would have been the best time to say anything,but nothing was saidd

.For some Mildenhall fans who haven't got access to the net,and haven't heard about this "change" in time (which they wouldn't have done) they would be turning up at 4.30 like normal.If they get to the stadium just as the meeting is finishing,chances are they will be annoyed,and possibly think twice about coming again.

I'm all for bringing the start foward to see the best riders about,but,if it comes down to seeing the best riders or leaving it until 4.30 for those who haven't heard about this "change",there is no contest for me.The club has to come first and the time left at 4.30.Got to look after your own at the end of the day.They are the ones who come regularly,they are the ones who keep the club going.

So you are saying that the report in the speedway star, the announcement on the Heathens website and the announcement on the Leicester website were ALL incorrect? Bit of a coincidence that they all jumped to the wrong conclusion don't you think?

So you are saying that the report in the speedway star, the announcement on the Heathens website and the announcement on the Leicester website were ALL incorrect? Bit of a coincidence that they all jumped to the wrong conclusion don't you think?

So why wouldn't have the Mildenhall promotion announce it 3 weeks ago to their supporters like they did with the other changes in fixtures? That's all I'm saying.