British Speedway Forum
spiegal

Late Availability Cardiff Rooms

We have had a group from Germany send back some rooms at the ETAP (City...about 15 minutes walk to stadium) for just SATURDAY night...it's a 2 star modern hotel, basic but clean.

We have 9 rooms B/B basis each with 1 double bed...cost £118 room...call us (01473) 730000

We don't have any 4 star hotels left but am told that Holland House have rooms but they are 2 nights @ £240 a night..a tad expensive but the demand from the cricket fans has been immense.

Looking at those prices it makes common sense to drive there and back on the day or stay a bit further out. Bad enough being humped occasionaly in England without the Welsh joining in. :neutral:

Edited by HasseHolmqvist

If anyone wants to stay on the night before the Gp for an early start to Gp day and then motor back home after the GP Hilton Newport have room available 2 double beds (4 Adults) for £159 inc breakfast thats for the 4 people!! Its on J24 of M4 which takes about half hour to J32 which takes you down A470 into Cardiff city centre. Stayed there every year since the Gp started in Cardiff and its very convenient

£118.00 for a etap hotel room total rip off!!

Trouble is as long as there are mugs who will pay it thats what they will keep charging. As my Dad always said "A fool & his money are soon parted"

The Hotel/BB owners want shooting, how they can look at themselves in the mirror I will never know.

We stay about 15 miles out of Cardiff every year, we pay £75 for a double excellent B&B, then about £30 worth of taxi fares. So around £50 a person with excellent service and breakfast. I dont really understand why anyone stays in the expensive hotels in cardiff? a 15min taxi fare, and your there.

The Hotel/BB owners want shooting, how they can look at themselves in the mirror I will never know.
Quite simple. You find a hotel in Cardiff now, go for it. If you use hotel search sites you're being shown Bristol as the closest to Cardiff. That suggests that the hotels in Cardiff have under priced as they've sold out. If you sell out of something at the last minute you're priced perfectly.

Anyway, my kitchen floor is available for £200 for the night, only a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium (30 minutes if you're a woman). I do expect you to cook breakfast the next day too.

If anyone wants to stay on the night before the Gp for an early start to Gp day and then motor back home after the GP Hilton Newport have room available 2 double beds (4 Adults) for £159 inc breakfast thats for the 4 people!! Its on J24 of M4 which takes about half hour to J32 which takes you down A470 into Cardiff city centre. Stayed there every year since the Gp started in Cardiff and its very convenient

If this was the only hotel I could get anywhere in Wales to vist the gp I would stay at home afte my vist to the hotel last month we booked for two nights but one night was more than enough .a so called delux room where you had to stand in. The bath to close the door before you could use the toilet .and it needed a damn good clean

£118.00 for a etap hotel room total rip off!!

Agreed.

Booked a room for two last night at the Marriott for £109, including breakfast, which I thought was reasonable enough.

If this was the only hotel I could get anywhere in Wales to vist the gp I would stay at home afte my vist to the hotel last month we booked for two nights but one night was more than enough .a so called delux room where you had to stand in. The bath to close the door before you could use the toilet .and it needed a damn good clean

Disappointed to read that......I take note of your bathroom comment with which I agree but i think the hotel is better than the more 'basic' accommodations available for the £40 pppn for a hotel with a leisure centre too. I'm booked in there agin this year so hope their standards haven't slipped too far!!! :wink: or they will hear about it.

Quite simple. You find a hotel in Cardiff now, go for it. If you use hotel search sites you're being shown Bristol as the closest to Cardiff. That suggests that the hotels in Cardiff have under priced as they've sold out. If you sell out of something at the last minute you're priced perfectly.

Anyway, my kitchen floor is available for £200 for the night, only a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium (30 minutes if you're a woman). I do expect you to cook breakfast the next day too.

And as long as there are "mugs" who will pay it thats what will keep happening .... I will console myself by looking at my overflowing wallet when I get back to Wolverhampton having spent the night in my camper van for nothing :approve:

And as long as there are "mugs" who will pay it thats what will keep happening .... I will console myself by looking at my overflowing wallet when I get back to Wolverhampton having spent the night in my camper van for nothing :approve:

So was the camper van free then?

Or Nicola who does what we call 'the London Walk' - bloody fast!