British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Plymouth (pl)... 18th August @ 7pm

Anyone who chose to miss this meeting to stay in and watch X Factor needs a slap. What sane person would give up the opportunity to see Barker, Doyle, Mellgren and Lykke in action?

To top a marvellous evenings entertainment we had an epic heat 15 with three riders all going for it. Brilliant stuff!

According to the Rye website Jason Garrity was suffering from clutch problems, which may explain his below par performance. He was certainly giving it 100%, it just wasn't happening.

Always a pleasure to welcome Jason Doyle to Rye House and in Kasper Lykke it looks like we have a future superstar on our hands IF he can learn to gate!

If Garrity had clutch problems why did we take Ben out of Heat 14? Surely it would have made more sense to bring bunyan in forGarrity.

It nearly cost us a point.

Some great action last night.The track looked good after such a hot day with again NO dust issues well done Len.

• Like 1

Some great action last night.The track looked good after such a hot day with again NO dust issues well done Len.

I forgot to mention the track. Two or three were having problems with the second bend, including Kasper who locked up, span around and fell, but on the whole the track held up well despite baking conditions. Well done to all involved.

There was a little panic just before the parade with the ref seen talking to the clerk of the course. It seems they were a paramedic short. I gather regulations state there must be four before any racing can commence.

There was a nurse on standby in the Tempstand if needed :wink:

Edited by Shadders

If Garrity had clutch problems why did we take Ben out of Heat 14? Surely it would have made more sense to bring bunyan in forGarrity.

It nearly cost us a point.

Precisely my thoughts. Why take Ben out when he had rode so well riding in the main body of the team scoring valuable points like he did against a useful looking Todd Kurtz and James Holder who also scored some well earned points. The lad must feel well pi**ed off seeing that even with the lack of track time in recent weeks he had clearly put in a great effort and should have been given his fourth ride. Garrity seemed to be stuggling in his rides and his points only came in Ht 2 when beating an impressive Ben Reade & a below par Joe Jacobs.

Edited by BigDave1
  • Like 2

Really enjoyed last night and especially Kasper's performance. Even though he didn't score many points his attitude and approach all seem right, with an ability to race.

As Shadders says his gating was poor, however despite being last off the line he was generally up to 2nd by bend 3 ! Great to watch.

Also his move in Heat 7 on Gathercole and Holder on bend 4 was amazing. Didn't think he'd pull it off. It briefly turned from a 1-5 to Plymouth to a 5-1 to Rye as Garrity followed him through - but couldn't hold it.

At Cardiff for long-weekend next week so will sadly miss the Leicester match, but will be at the the GP :t: .

At Cardiff for long-weekend next week so will sadly miss the Leicester match, but will be at the the GP :t: .

My weekend starts at Swindon on Thursday for the EL match with Poole. Giving the pairs a miss, but back from Cardiff in time for the Leicester meeting. Pleased that Rye House aren't having a Sunday meeting. I remember 2 or 3 years ago having to rush back for a 2pm meeting with Glasgow after a "busy" night on the town... Not ideal!

I wish I could rush back, part of the "deal" with Mrs Rteyp was a long weekend at Celtic Manor £££££. So gotta make the most of it :wink: . Bit of pampering for the ladies and me and my mates get to go to GP and Golf on Sunday :blink:

Excellent meeting,but i wont comment further or i might say something i should,nt ,,,suffice to say i agree with some of the earlier comments on here that i applaud whole heartedly....

I forgot to mention the track. Two or three were having problems with the second bend, including Kasper who locked up, span around and fell, but on the whole the track held up well despite baking conditions. Well done to all involved.

There was a little panic just before the parade with the ref seen talking to the clerk of the course. It seems they were a paramedic short. I gather regulations state there must be four before any racing can commence.

There was a nurse on standby in the Tempstand if needed :wink:

Actually Shad,s it was a first ader short,,It was filled by second halfer Niall Strudwicks dad who is qualified

Actually Shad,s it was a first ader short,,It was filled by second halfer Niall Strudwicks dad who is qualified

I weren't far off :wink:

• Like 1

Very simple to describe his match Fantastic from start to finish, I have already watch the DVD.

Just back from Mildenhall and afraid to say Jason was involved in a bad one, hand injury, could be end of his season, but hope not.

Heat 7 of the Plymouth match on the Mercury site tomorrow.

Really enjoyed last night and especially Kasper's performance. Even though he didn't score many points his attitude and approach all seem right, with an ability to race.

As Shadders says his gating was poor, however despite being last off the line he was generally up to 2nd by bend 3 ! Great to watch.

Also his move in Heat 7 on Gathercole and Holder on bend 4 was amazing. Didn't think he'd pull it off. It briefly turned from a 1-5 to Plymouth to a 5-1 to Rye as Garrity followed him through - but couldn't hold it.

It was a great meeting and man of the match was Ben Barker – not a big fan of his but he was Mr Entertainment in this meeting.

As far as Kasper goes he has talent but in 3 heats he clearly took the front wheel away of visiting riders whilst trying to barge his way through – if Gathercole had gone down then Kasper would have been disqualified.

He tried the same move on Barker who wasn’t having it and proved to be stronger.

A good result for Rye but could have been very different if Plymouth had some decent reserves.

Edited by BossMan

A good result for Rye but could have been very different if Plymouth had some decent reserves

Ben Reede deserved more for his efforts.

Only Seven points for Fishers rider replacement when he would've surely had been worth more.

Was a very good meeting, we're getting a fair few this season at Rye.

Kasper looks like he's going to be some prospect, not afraid of mixing it with the likes of Barker and trying to put hard moves on him.

I have to say he may be a rider in the Pedersen mould who will push it to the max and could cause a bit of controversy but that's what we need. First impressions from his two home meetings are that we've got a gem on our hands.

For Plymouth I have to mention Reade, not sure if he's ridden at Rye before but he had a smooth style and looked assured, not far off the pace at all.