British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Leicester V Workington (koc) 19/08/12

<<Mick,you are so wrong, i have no idea who ken is and have never met him, so get your facts right, i am a speedway fan and not in a group of anti hemsley, i solely think hemsley is an idiot for not listening to people and making leicester speedway the most boring track in the country.>>

Robert, If you are not anti Hemsley, why do you never say anything good about him. He has made mistakes, including the track shape, but he does listen and several things have changed since last years opening such as presenters, team managers, rubbish bins, terracing, team etc.

I feel that my postings have been fair - criticism when necessary and praise when needed.

Edited by Fanmale
  • Like 1

by the way Ballroom time for a change of user name almost everyone has sussed out who/what you are

I'm glad about that I thought it was only me :t:

I've sussed out what he is but not who he is. :lol:

• Like 1

I've sussed out what he is but not who he is. :lol:

It is me I'm spartacus
  • Like 1

did the lions :t: get beat by workington. :drink:

This does seem to be dragging on, never been to Leicester but with Somerset and Scunthorpe tracks around I thought they would at least have got the shape right.

• Like 1

This does seem to be dragging on, never been to Leicester but with Somerset and Scunthorpe tracks around I thought they would at least have got the shape right.

Unfortunately it seems to me its the only thing they got wrong.the facilities and stadium are excellent.Pity because there seems to be a big fan base.

I've said it more than once on here. However bad you think David Hensley might be, you only have to look at the posts of Ken Naylors mates on here (speedibee, Robert72) and Ken himself and Lionsden today in the Leicester mercury to know Leicester speedway is in a better position without that kind of baggage involved in its running. What a sad bitter bunch you've all proven yourselves to be. I dread to think what a state Leicester speedway would be in if you were all still involved.Anyways back to my holiday.

Mick

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

did the lions :t: get beat by workington. :drink:

You apear to have gone off topic there a tad :lol:

Edited by TMW

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Cheers for that detailed response. I see the error of my viewpoint now and its all down to you TMW.. Thanks!(!!!!!!!!)

Mick.

<<Mick,you are so wrong, i have no idea who ken is and have never met him, so get your facts right, i am a speedway fan and not in a group of anti hemsley, i solely think hemsley is an idiot for not listening to people and making leicester speedway the most boring track in the country.>> he

Robert, If you are not anti Hemsley, why do you never say anything good about him. He has made mistakes, including the track shape, but he does listen and several things have changed since last years opening such as presenters, team managers, rubbish bins, terracing, team etc.

I feel that my postings have been fair - criticism when necessary and praise when needed.

If he listened then leicester would of been in a far better state than it is now. You mentioned change of team manager and presenter, lions have a part time team manager and part time tractor driver on race nights, is this a good thing ? No You mention change of presenter, didnt popple move off the center green because of constant verbal attacks from people, you would of thought hemsley would of said something to defend him, didnt the guy do it for free?

Leicester speedway could and should be so much better and as much as the return was good it has been ruined by one man who doesnt know how to run it and wont except advice from those who have years of experience including a world champion that could of made leicester a place to be proud of and possibly attract bigger sponsors and support from afar.

How many people would be happy for sky to film speedway there?

Cheers for that detailed response. I see the error of my viewpoint now and its all down to you TMW.. Thanks!(!!!!!!!!)

Mick.

My apologies but there are hardly words.....Apart from I have promoted moving on and not living in the past but I will never never degrade the efforts those you mention put in and you have just summed it up. Well I supose it is a lesson learned for them.

Can I ask where were you for the 28 years of campaigning????

I was sat at home on my backside until the day it was announced that speedway would return to Leicester.

By then all th hardwork had been done.

Edited by TMW

If he listened then leicester would of been in a far better state than it is now. You mentioned change of team manager and presenter, lions have a part time team manager and part time tractor driver on race nights, is this a good thing ? No You mention change of presenter, didnt popple move off the center green because of constant verbal attacks from people, you would of thought hemsley would of said something to defend him, didnt the guy do it for free?

Leicester speedway could and should be so much better and as much as the return was good it has been ruined by one man who doesnt know how to run it and wont except advice from those who have years of experience including a world champion that could of made leicester a place to be proud of and possibly attract bigger sponsors and support from afar.

How many people would be happy for sky to film speedway there?

Regarding popple he was temporarily replaced whilst he went on holiday unfortunately his replacement did a better job hence he lost the gig........ain't life a bitch :rofl:

Regarding popple he was temporarily replaced whilst he went on holiday unfortunately his replacement did a better job hence he lost the gig........ain't life a bitch :rofl:

Love your reply, sums you up and why you support hemsley, No loyalty to popple who worked many many hours for free, this is all of what has been happening since day one and you sadly think like hemsley that its right to treat people like this?

people who work for free soon wont and leicester will come unstuck because hemsley cant afford to pay people so i am told, he relies on alot of free help.

• Like 1

Love your reply, sums you up and why you support hemsley, No loyalty to popple who worked many many hours for free, this is all of what has been happening since day one and you sadly think like hemsley that its right to treat people like this?

people who work for free soon wont and leicester will come unstuck because hemsley cant afford to pay people so i am told, he relies on alot of free help.

How do you equate the replacement of a poor centre green presenter with support for Helmsley?

For the record again I'm not pro or anti Helmsley I have my own independent views......you could perhaps try a bit of balance too.

My apologies but there are hardly words.....Apart from I have promoted moving on and not living in the past but I will never never degrade the efforts those you mention put in and you have just summed it up. Well I supose it is a lesson learned for them.

Can I ask where were you for the 28 years of campaigning????

I was sat at home on my backside until the day it was announced that speedway would return to Leicester.

By then all th hardwork had been done.

That would all be fair enough comment if it wasn't for the fact that they are now making a big deal in papers and politics about the complex. They are now espousing views that I've not seen them promote previously and appear to be politically motivated with a view of doing damage to the future of speedway. That's my view anyway. It should also be remembered that both steve and ken appeared to have no issues with the project until they fell out with the current owners over personal money issues regarding certain aspects in the construction of the speedway stadium.

I would thank ken for getting us where we are and I don't doubt that without him i'd be still sitting on my settee on a Saturday night but at what point do you stop lionising him and say enough is enough. When they've found a way of closing the stadium back down?

Edited by volty
  • Like 1