British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Leicester V Workington (koc) 19/08/12

How do you equate the replacement of a poor centre green presenter with support for Helmsley?

For the record again I'm not pro or anti Helmsley I have my own independent views......you could perhaps try a bit of balance too.

I dont see the club moving forward with hemsley there, he has messed up from the start and upset alot of people during that time,however the fact is BP put right would be a fantstic speedway venue with a new owner who really cares about the fans and the product would be great for the future of leicester speedway.

I dont see the club moving forward with hemsley there, he has messed up from the start and upset alot of people during that time,however the fact is BP put right would be a fantstic speedway venue with a new owner who really cares about the fans and the product would be great for the future of leicester speedway.

I think you would blame Helmsley if the sun didn't shine

I think you would blame Helmsley if the sun didn't shine

it seems clear you have no idea and are happy to except what is on display at BP,

Never seen such a bunch of ungrateful, miserable buggers in all my life .... I would close it back down again right ow if I read half of whats on here .... seems some deserved those 28 years without a track :neutral:

Take a leaf out of the Cradley fans book, not got a track, ride in the 3rd division and support the team in there thousands. All this from guys who were used to following the Penhalls, Gundersens, Hancocks, Hamills & Jan O Pedersens of this sport. :approve:

Leicester "fans" my arse :lol:

• Like 2

Never seen such a bunch of ungrateful, miserable buggers in all my life .... I would close it back down again right ow if I read half of whats on here .... seems some deserved those 28 years without a track :neutral:

Take a leaf out of the Cradley fans book, not got a track, ride in the 3rd division and support the team in there thousands. All this from guys who were used to following the Penhalls, Gundersens, Hancocks, Hamills & Jan O Pedersens of this sport. :approve:

Leicester "fans" my arse :lol:

I think most of the negative "fans" are coventry supporters who purport be Leicester fans who use this forum to take the piss.

As i work away alot i don't get to follow the comings & goings at B.P seems to be someone different each week leaving.

But i have just seen that Chris Popple has now been given the sack from presenting all together

Is that correct or has he resigned.

On the Leicester facebook so many fans that have slagged Chris off to me personally have then put sorry to see him go & that they think he is better then the new bloke.

It did make me laugh because that is so 2 faced. I didn't like Chris presenting style & told him to his face.

isnt this a lions v comets thread or did u read the headline at the top of the page wrong. it looks like other people have gone off topic.

If he listened then leicester would of been in a far better state than it is now. You mentioned change of team manager and presenter, lions have a part time team manager and part time tractor driver on race nights, is this a good thing ? No You mention change of presenter, didnt popple move off the center green because of constant verbal attacks from people, you would of thought hemsley would of said something to defend him, didnt the guy do it for free?

Leicester speedway could and should be so much better and as much as the return was good it has been ruined by one man who doesnt know how to run it and wont except advice from those who have years of experience including a world champion that could of made leicester a place to be proud of and possibly attract bigger sponsors and support from afar.

How many people would be happy for sky to film speedway there?

Team doing good.

Track changes being done after end of season.

Some of the biggest crowds in British Speedway.

Sounds dandy to me but then I don't have a hidden agenda like some.

• Like 2

That would all be fair enough comment if it wasn't for the fact that they are now making a big deal in papers and politics about the complex. They are now espousing views that I've not seen them promote previously and appear to be politically motivated with a view of doing damage to the future of speedway. That's my view anyway. It should also be remembered that both steve and ken appeared to have no issues with the project until they fell out with the current owners over personal money issues regarding certain aspects in the construction of the speedway stadium.

I would thank ken for getting us where we are and I don't doubt that without him i'd be still sitting on my settee on a Saturday night but at what point do you stop lionising him and say enough is enough. When they've found a way of closing the stadium back down?

Yes and it is always the case that there is a little acrymony when there is effectively a 'divorce' I'm affraid I don't know Ken so I don't know about his views on any of the subjects you mention. Do you know Ken and of his views? what I do know is the reason behind his campaign and I fully respect that, finding myself unable to hold a candle to his commitment and strength af character..

I would thank ken for getting us where we are and I don't doubt that without him i'd be still sitting on my settee on a Saturday night but at what point do you stop lionising him and say enough is enough. When they've found a way of closing the stadium back down?

Well that isn't what you were doing in the post I replied to infact I translated it as good ridance to bad rubbish we don't want your sort round here.

If you had campaigned for the 28 years and now were found out in the cold you may feel a little aggrieved. I don't believe the letters etc are out to cause trouble it is them as you call them using the press to put the record straight or another point of view and whats wrong with that it's the only voice they have..

Team doing good.

I don't have a hidden adgenda I just believ in a balanced view.

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

Love your reply, sums you up and why you support hemsley, No loyalty to popple who worked many many hours for free, this is all of what has been happening since day one and you sadly think like hemsley that its right to treat people like this?

people who work for free soon wont and leicester will come unstuck because hemsley cant afford to pay people so i am told, he relies on alot of free help.

If Hemsley has made a msitake, and theres no doubt he will have done in such a major project as he`s only human, then perhaps one was to engage the free labour in the project at the start.

Whilst Hemsley made have welcomed this, and no doubt dozens of fans and helpers were happy to give of their time to do their bit, the problems that this innocent volunteering (at the time) is that some think they are owed big time. This has led to some of the problems, with a few people thinking they were owed more than others. The vast majority that gave their time asked for nothing and were happy to give of their time to bring Speedway back to Leicester.

Its very sad that there few vindictive souls are are going to any lenghts to wreck the overal project.

Hemsley, having put up the huge amount that he did, may reflect that he should have found the thousands more to have funded the rest that the volunteers did and so prevented all the bitterness arriving from a handful of increasingly desperate people.

I have no doubt that any new owner would soon be in receipt of your numerous complaints about anything that moves at Leicester.

You talk about `fans`. Yet Hemsley, perhaps unigue in British Speedway for a promotor, freely walks and chats amongst his fans at every home meeting. So this particular compalint, like most of your other constant whinging, does not stack up in actual relaity.

In you knew anything about the inner workings of Speedway, you would be aware that Leicester is amongst the best run clubs. They pay their bills for a start.

Team doing good.

team lost at home last week

track changes were happening end of last season he told fans.

Crowds dropping fast including hardcore fans

not as dandy as you think

If he listened then leicester would of been in a far better state than it is now. You mentioned change of team manager and presenter, lions have a part time team manager and part time tractor driver on race nights, is this a good thing ? No You mention change of presenter, didnt popple move off the center green because of constant verbal attacks from people, you would of thought hemsley would of said something to defend him, didnt the guy do it for free?

Leicester speedway could and should be so much better and as much as the return was good it has been ruined by one man who doesnt know how to run it and wont except advice from those who have years of experience including a world champion that could of made leicester a place to be proud of and possibly attract bigger sponsors and support from afar.

How many people would be happy for sky to film speedway there?

If your talking Sam, if you had any business dealings with him, you would have off-loaded him too and very quickly. This is known.

If you want to be talking sponsorship, which team has the biggest team sponsorship in the Premier League? And the third biggest in the sport.

The above two lines again demonstate that your constant attacks on Leicester and Hemsley do not in any way have any bases in actual fact.

look who is coming to town on sunday, ITS WORKINGTON.LOL.

Well that isn't what you were doing in the post I replied to infact I translated it as good ridance to bad rubbish we don't want your sort round here.

My point has been that ever since the parting of the ways certain individuals have taken every conceivable opportunity to put the knives into the promotion. I mean every single opportunity. However lame. For all I know they might be rightly aggrieved but the attitude they have taken doesn't engender confidence from me that they wouldn't have been a disaster had they still had an involvement in the running of the club. My view is totally based on how these individuals have put themselves across on forums etc such as this one, in letters and articles to the mercury, what these individuals have told me with regards to letters they have written to the council etc.

I certainly don't like your rather simplistic 'translation' of my view but if that's how you read it then there is little I can do.

Mick.

Edited by volty