British Speedway Forum

Disagree Wolves will not finish bottom or anywhere near it,Eastbourne will be bottom,Wolves will be fighting for the last play off place.lindgren is not in decline just had a bad year for Wolves,Woffy will improve,Skornicki will at least maintain his average and i expect improvement from Ty and Wells.

Eastbourne won't finish bottom with their home track and years of experience round it within their team.

People have expected improvement from Proctor for the last three years. Hes the new Travis Mcgowan.

From 2000 until 2010 every winter he was quoted as being "a bargain" yet very rarely improved upon his average, same with Stead.

I'd say Lindgren shredding a load off his figure in such a weak EL last season was quite alarming.He had a bad year last year, whats to say he wont this year?

Disagree Wolves will not finish bottom or anywhere near it,Eastbourne will be bottom,Wolves will be fighting for the last play off place.lindgren is not in decline just had a bad year for Wolves,Woffy will improve,Skornicki will at least maintain his average and i expect improvement from Ty and Wells.

Hopefully we wont FB, however its all assumption until a wheel is turned anyway.

Let hope its a good season with teams in contention all the way thru.

Jury appears out by some on the Wolves side, but then so many have predicted Eastbourne to finish bottom 2 seasons running so i don't think i will lose too much sleep for now. :t:

With the team Belle Vue have announced i fully expect Eastbourne will finish bottom,they won't win away and are more vunerable at home as they have a no.1 who is in decline and the rest are very average,last year at least they had a no.1 who was capable of beating anyone at home and Lewis who is also capable of beating anyone at home.I can't see any team that is worse.

With the team Belle Vue have announced i fully expect Eastbourne will finish bottom,they won't win away and are more vunerable at home as they have a no.1 who is in decline and the rest are very average,last year at least they had a no.1 who was capable of beating anyone at home and Lewis who is also capable of beating anyone at home.I can't see any team that is worse.

Nowhere near as good as he was but Bjarne Pedersen is still as good as Kylmakorpi and is still much better than Bridger, IMO.

• Like 1

On paper it looks like a three way scrap for the wooden spoon between Wolves, Cov and Aces.
so that makes 6-7 teams out of 10, so who do you think will be in the bottom 3 along with B Vue and Wolves.

Belle Vue have made two good signings in Craig Cook and Matej Zagar, but both will miss meetings and they are still the team I think will finish bottom ahead of Coventry. Bees have a decent top two but after that I cant see much and in my opinion they have released the wrong riders anf two will more likely reach the play offs. They really needed a 6+ rider at least to back them up.

Eastbourne wont do too much away but can still dominate at home while Peterborough have too many achilles heels and wont trouble the play off places despite having bargains in Fisher and Hougaard early on. .... Those are the bottom four in my opinion with Birmingham, Kings Lynn, Lakeside and Wolves the team most likley challenge for the play off places (in that order) behind Swindon and Poole.

Wolves look poor with Lindgren on the decline, Proctor has peaked and Skornicki is well past his sell by date.

It needs Woffiden to get into Wards league and Wells to turn into Chris Holder for this side to avoid the wooden spoon.

I genuinely believe BV , assuming Sully/Zorro sign, look a better side than Wolves.

Adam will do a decent job but I fully expect Wells to over shadow him .... Adam finish around 5.79 and Wells about 6.57 ..... if Ricky turns out to be as good as Holder and Tai as good as Ward, Wolves will walk it nevermind avoid the wooden spoon.

As for Belle Vue being a better team than Wolves ..... they ave some good second strings, but Woffy and Fred are considerably better than Zagar and Zorro by about 5 points a match and Wolves have the power in the later heats while Belle Vue dont.

am i missing something here wells to over shadow skornicki ??? jeez if that happens wolves will be certs for the wooden spoon,

Belle Vue have made two good signings in Craig Cook and Matej Zagar, but both will miss meetings and they are still the team I think will finish bottom ahead of Coventry. Bees have a decent top two but after that I cant see much and in my opinion they have released the wrong riders anf two will more likely reach the play offs. They really needed a 6+ rider at least to back them up.

Zengota will average over 6.5 no doubt and i would bet all our bottom 4 will average between 5-6. Also we released the right riders neither of them did what was expected of them

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

am i missing something here wells to over shadow skornicki ??? jeez if that happens wolves will be certs for the wooden spoon,

Either Eastbourne, Belle Vue or Coventry for wooden spoon. Nothing between them.

Either Eastbourne, Belle Vue or Coventry for wooden spoon. Nothing between them.

BV

Wolves

Eastbourne

That is how i think the bottom 3 will shape up.

Zengota will average over 6.5 no doubt and i would bet all our bottom 4 will average between 5-6. Also we released the right riders neither of them did what was expected of them

Most Wolves fans will know I am a fan of Zengota and hoped he had joined Wolves a number of years ago before Swindon did as Freddie was also at Zielona Gora then. If he can average six he will have done well as his scores last season in Sweden and Poland were ok, but not mind blowing while the other four in my opinion are much the same, ok at reserve but struggle in the main body.

There will be matches where they all fire together, but if KK and Scott score 22 between them, in my opinion its hard to see the other five score 24 between them especially away from home. Personally I would have thought KK, Scott, Kenni, Eddie, Aaron, Adam and Pontus Aspgren would have been a more solid line up home and away.

Even though I think Wolves will miss out on the play offs, I dont think they will finish below Coventry.

Most Wolves fans will know I am a fan of Zengota and hoped he had joined Wolves a number of years ago before Swindon did as Freddie was also at Zielona Gora then. If he can average six he will have done well as his scores last season in Sweden and Poland were ok, but not mind blowing while the other four in my opinion are much the same, ok at reserve but struggle in the main body.

There will be matches where they all fire together, but if KK and Scott score 22 between them, in my opinion its hard to see the other five score 24 between them especially away from home.

At places like Lakeside and Eastbourne i would tend to agree but the 2 reserves will be good for 9-12 points at Brandon and at the bigger away tracks, Michal got paid 13 at Poole! Depends on how Roynon and Summers do as 2nd strings but they both averaged 5 in that position last year so not overly concerned

As for Wolves i think they need a big year from Wells and Proctor who will have to average 6+ to cover Skornicki's certain drop in average. Can they do it im not so sure.

As for Wolves i think they need a big year from Wells and Proctor who will have to average 6+ to cover Skornicki's certain drop in average. Can they do it im not so sure.

Ricky has progressed well during his time at Wolves an last season was averaging over six even when moving up from reserve and with Sam Ermolenko helping him, I have no doubt he will be around seven points a match this season. This may mean Adam getting paid seven a match rather than scoring seven and lower his average while Ty is what he is and at #2 does a good job.

If Freddie and Tai add 0.5 to their averages and Thorssell gets around four, Wolves should do better than most predict, but I do think they are a bit short of the lay offs unless they race teams at the right times when injuries can affect the result.

Ricky has progressed well during his time at Wolves an last season was averaging over six even when moving up from reserve and with Sam Ermolenko helping him, I have no doubt he will be around seven points a match this season.

so let me get this right you think wells will get a elite average of 7 this coming season :rofl: