British Speedway Forum

But could they afford him, he seems to think he is the Messi of speedway, which he certainly is not. I hope all clubs shun this young man this season, speedway does not need agents meddling like this.

I'd posted before the apparent reasons for his departure from Lakeside became clear.

If he does sign elsewhere now, its going to be controversial to say the least.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Lets hope he doesn't experience the same problems as McGowan, or to a lesser extent Doyley. Masters is in my opinion, a vital cog for Wolves this season.

well I dont think CVS will be hanging around too long to wait if he gets a visa or not

Edited by zlata prilba

CVS should be on the phone as we speak doing everything possible to get Worrall signed up.

It would be a shame for Masters, but that move would make the team a lot stronger.

Agree, Worrall seems a talented lad And British!

But could they afford him, he seems to think he is the Messi of speedway, which he certainly is not. I hope all clubs shun this young man this season, speedway does not need agents meddling like this.

So is it Richie`s fault or the agent??

If the agent prices Richie out of the EL then hopefully the lad will see that his agent is doing him no good.

Saying that tho if he can get contracts abroad he could still make his way in the sport.

We need talented British lads in the sport and EL, not being shunned. :rolleyes:

Agree, Worrall seems a talented lad And British!

So is it Richie`s fault or the agent??

If the agent prices Richie out of the EL then hopefully the lad will see that his agent is doing him no good.

Saying that tho if he can get contracts abroad he could still make his way in the sport.

We need talented British lads in the sport and EL, not being shunned. :rolleyes:

We should not go near Worrall now. He's made his bed, he must lie in it.

It would open the floodgates to scenarios that speedway cannot afford. Any club who signs Worrall now is going to be tainted with poaching a rider. I'd rather that wasn't Wolves.

What we need Steve, is British lads to understand that just because they've had a bit of success in the Premier League, it doesn't mean they've made it as a star. This is one of the reasons many of them don't go onto achieve higher things.

We should not go near Worrall now. He's made his bed, he must lie in it.

It would open the floodgates to scenarios that speedway cannot afford. Any club who signs Worrall now is going to be tainted with poaching a rider. I'd rather that wasn't Wolves.

What we need Steve, is British lads to understand that just because they've had a bit of success in the Premier League, it doesn't mean they've made it as a star. This is one of the reasons many of them don't go onto achieve higher things.

Yes i understand that, but freezing a British lad out of the EL? That doesn't sit right with me.

To me it is on a par with Meidzinski refusing Swindon last year because he wanted to go to Poole. (yes i know miedzinski hadn't already signed a contract with Swindon) All very wrong and you have to wonder who is advising those riders if they really have the interest of the UK at heart.

If, and it is a big IF at this stage, Worrall goes on to get contracts abroad and starts making progress he could just give the EL a miss altogether and surely we don't want that?

• Like 1

Yes i understand that, but freezing a British lad out of the EL? That doesn't sit right with me.

To me it is on a par with Meidzinski refusing Swindon last year because he wanted to go to Poole. (yes i know miedzinski hadn't already signed a contract with Swindon) All very wrong and you have to wonder who is advising those riders if they really have the interest of the UK at heart.

If, and it is a big IF at this stage, Worrall goes on to get contracts abroad and starts making progress he could just give the EL a miss altogether and surely we don't want that?

He will have frozen himself out.

For Richie Worrall, read Peter Odemwingie :).. and I know you're not a fan of that fella Steve!

He will have frozen himself out.

For Richie Worrall, read Peter Odemwingie :).. and I know you're not a fan of that fella Steve!

I was!!

However if he gets his own way he WILL get a new deal and more money - just like the odious one wanted!

Shame i`m not as passionate about the Hammers as i am about West Brom tho!

Seriously tho, whilst i agree i still think its a shame a good young British talent is being mis-represented.

just because they've had a bit of success in the Premier League, it doesn't mean they've made it as a star.

We saw this a few years ago with another british rider who is now ironically riding for Lakeside this year...

• Like 1

Nigel Pearson has tweeted Wolves are making a temporary signing today... and a permanent signing on Thursday. Any ideas?

Nigel Pearson has tweeted Wolves are making a temporary signing today... and a permanent signing on Thursday. Any ideas?

Ludvig Lindgren is a possible..David Bellego could be good call, and Taylor Poole is still available.

Sam Masters on twitter confirms he can't get a visa. :cry:

So will that make the odds on Wolves making the play-offs even longer with the bookies.

Surely,Luddy is the best bet,in whats left.

All the other riders are not impressed lets hope a bit of pressure can get him a visa eventually. Really sick because he would have been our little gem at reserve. Why has he not got his? I was reading between the lines from comments made by other riders but it's not looking good at this stage. Fingers crossed infact everything crossed and why have Wolves made the comment permanent signing Thursday?