British Speedway Forum

Real shame to hear about Joe Haines retirement from the sport,a lovely kid,but had so much bad luck with injuries.Seemed he was never free from them,but kept on getting back up from them time and again.Credit it to him,that he never gave in,but this latest injury was just one to many,and i think hes made the right decision to call time,while he is still young enough to pursue other things in his life.

Good luck in future Joe.

• Like 4

Teams can't use a #8 anymore as it meas taking a rider to a meeting, paying him to sit around. Yes it's a catch 22 situation which doesnt help with so many doubling up riders now in the Elite League.

It can be done - King's Lynn named Lewis Kerr as a #8 when Wolves were ther on 12 June.

Perhaps a second half is needed where the #8 could be guarranteed two rides - Oh that used to happen!!!

It can be done - King's Lynn named Lewis Kerr as a #8 when Wolves were ther on 12 June.

Perhaps a second half is needed where the #8 could be guarranteed two rides - Oh that used to happen!!!

And it still should be done.

There are plenty of NL/PL reserve standard riders that would happily come along for a nominal fee and a chance to pit themselves against the top boys.

YES OK they are likely to be out there depth. But isn't that better than the possibility of only 3 riders if injuries occur during a match when you are already operating RR?

Yet again, another do it on the cheap approach by the BSPA. Number 8`s should be compulsory.

Really hope Joe has a year out and gets the bug again as he is yet another young British rider that has been forced into looking for a steady job and more security than an expensive sport that offers little backing to such riders.

No doubt Joe will stll be around and think in 12 months time he will be thinking twice about it.

I don't the lad as had to many injuries and very lucky to be walking about let a lone ride a bike like I said good luck in what ever he does next.

On to nights showing I think we need to replace more than 1 rider .

We are struggling to replace ONE rider ...... We would be bending over backwards while tie our shoelaces to sign TWO riders !!!

Understand your comments as there are more than one weak link to the team really and not all can be pointed at the space left by Ty as being the reason the team is fading at the wrong time.

If Wolves do sign a very good replacement for Ty, we really shouldn't panic until the play offs are around the corner and the first leg is September 23rd, so the rider coming in could sign later rather than sooner. If it is a rider that has the ability to come in straight away and score points and had previous EL experience, then the big change I think could benefit us more in the play offs is the riding order.

Ricky Wells hasn't had a great season sadly and I feel he would be better at #2 alongside Freddie while Adam should be at #5 with Tai moving up to #3 alongside the new rider to form a solid partnership home and away and also mean Tai is in heat 12 when a tactical rider could be crucial in the play offs.

1 - Fredrik Lindgren

2 - Ricky Wells

3 - Tai Woffnden

4 - NEW RIDER

5 - Adam Skornicki

6 - Ludvig Lindgren

7 - Jacob Thorssell

Even "NEW RIDER" wouldn't have saved Wolves tonight. That said, I dont see Wells failing to beat an opponent again this season.

Even "NEW RIDER" wouldn't have saved Wolves tonight. That said, I dont see Wells failing to beat an opponent again this season.

Indeed.

However we need NEW RIDER to re-focus the belief i have seen all season that this is a team that can beat anyone over 2 legs.

It needs to happen ASAP, otherwise we will have run out of steam by the play offs.

It isn't the blokes on the bikes who ran out of steam first, it's the 2 muppets in charge who thought they could keep going to the 'on the cheap' well and everything would be honky dory. Well Birmingham crapped on that belief from a great height last night and I have no confidence whatsoever that comes the play offs they have ability or intention of doing anything to maximise our chances. It's long odds on though that they're happy to keep taking your money for a six man team. Prove me wrong. Signed, Utterly disgusted of Wolverhampton.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

It isn't the blokes on the bikes who ran out of steam first, it's the 2 muppets in charge who thought they could keep going to the 'on the cheap' well and everything would be honky dory. Well Birmingham crapped on that belief from a great height last night and I have no confidence whatsoever that comes the play offs they have ability or intention of doing anything to maximise our chances. It's long odds on though that they're happy to keep taking your money for a six man team. Prove me wrong. Signed, Utterly disgusted of Wolverhampton.

must agree with you we pay to watch a 7 man team not 6 pay the money you will get your rider.

A bit like Swindon ,Wolves need to Watch them selves as if if they lose there next two matches they might miss out on the play offs

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

So Wolves official Twitter feed announce no Freddie friday and are feeling let down by him as he has made himself unnavailable due to travelling to Togliatti...even though Tai is making alternative plans in order to attend both...it's not good the way these so called number one's from oversees are treating there EL sides especially Lindgren and the time he has spent at Moanmore..dissapointing

the point being that replacing more than one rider (Wells and Proctor) may be easier to do as it may create additional options

we are clearly struggling to replace Proctor I have no doubt in part due to the cheapskate nature of our management so I'm not holding my breath

Edited by noaksey