British Speedway Forum

Worrying for Wolves. Looks like they will get Tai back but lose Freddie

It appears it may come back to bit him on the bum already. We've managed to stay afloat without Tai, as it looks like he is coming back, Freddie is lost. It's going to be a nigh on impossible task now.

Ironically it probably means that Poole will be gifted a point or two they didn't expect when they come to Wolves on 8th July. Probably enough to hike them into the play-offs. Can't see you getting many guests that will perform as well as Fred around MG.

Best wishes to Freddie for speedy recovery.

Ironically it probably means that Poole will be gifted a point or two they didn't expect when they come to Wolves on 8th July. Probably enough to hike them into the play-offs. Can't see you getting many guests that will perform as well as Fred around MG.

Best wishes to Freddie for speedy recovery.

Poole need more than a point or two at Wolves. They need to target about 6 or 7 away points by my reckoning.

Not a huge problem, Plenty of guests available like PK,Bjerre,Niels,Ward and Holder and Freddie is Number 1 so they get a guest

I think Tai is back to No 1 in the July averages.

Won't go whining on about the injustice of it all, no point. Bet Harris & Nicholls are already wondering how they can spend the money from the guest bookings. :P There's nowt like having your own guys I know but this shouldn't necessarily be the death knell to our chances. Adams reckons 46 pts will make the play offs and as he is always rightrolleyes.gif:rofl: and if we don't make at least that from where we are now then we won't deserve it anyway. Play off semis not till October so take it steady Fred.

Hope I've got this right BW. 01/07 Tai 8.99, Fred 9.19. Edited by Wolfsbane

You're spot on Wolfsbane.

I glanced at the latest Green Sheets and mistakenly thought that 1 Tai Woffinden 2 Freddie Lindgren meant Tai was No 1. Very foolish of me to believe the BSPA would adhere to such a simple system.

Assuming that Tai is now mended. Obviously the plan was to try to get by with R/R for Ty and a guest until Woffy was back. Did that reasonably well but now another problem presents itself. Is it time for a replacement for Proctor, as the prognosis on the OS doesn't 'feel' good and to ask the rest to cover for x months/weeks until Fred is fit is asking a lot or even one for both? If Fat Maud can't squeeze Ward in then I'm sure we could accomodate him ;). If we get a shift on for monday & Wednesday that would be most acceptable please Matt ;):D

Not a huge problem, Plenty of guests available like PK,Bjerre,Niels,Ward and Holder and Freddie is Number 1 so they get a guest

Ward can't even be a guest even if he was riding for a club to ride as we can use upto 9.59 and Darcy is 9.62 otherwise you could add Hancock, Sayfutdinov, Gollob, Hampel and Pedersen to the list if they didn't have to have a British club.

Think that as there are so few top riders available at times, clubs should be allowed to use such riders as a guest if required.

If Fat Maud can't squeeze Ward in then I'm sure we could accomodate him ;). If we get a shift on for monday & Wednesday that would be most acceptable please Matt ;):D

The only way we could get Darcy in is if we redeclare a new 1-7 under the 42.50 limit which would mean replacing Ty Proctor with a rider upto 4.53 which could be a doubling up rider. .... Josh Grajzonek should fit the bill

1 - Darcy Ward

2 - Ludvig Lindgren

3 - Ricky Wells

4 - Adam Skornicki

5 - Tai Woffinden

6 - Josh Grajzonek

7 - Jacob Thorssell

If Freddie is out for six weeks minimum, then he would only return in time for our final league match v Belle Vue before the play offs. While guests like Iversen, Holder, Zagar and PK are available to use, having a rider like Darcy would be more beneficial.

As for Ty, we don't know how long he is out for and with all but one fixture left in the next six weeks, fitting in Darcy should be the main priority now for the remainder of the season .... or until Freddie and Ty are declared fit at the same time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicolai Klindt's average has dropped to 4.24 :o ...... shame such as he was such a talent just a few years ago but seems to be on a big downward movement at present. ..... Hope he has a spell in the Premier League next season to get some confidence back.

• Like 1

It appears it may come back to bit him on the bum already. We've managed to stay afloat without Tai, as it looks like he is coming back, Freddie is lost. It's going to be a nigh on impossible task now.

Its going to be tough to keep the boys motivated to keep picking up points with more prolonged absences. Perfect chance for other teams to catch us up and steal points off us. 4 points heading back to Poole in 8 days.

If there is a smidgen of consolation is that Fred stays at number one, however it is still the missing Proctor that is hitting us the hardest.

Awful awful news for Fred. And a tragedy for our team morale. I just hope the boys can keep picking up points.

Posted on Facebook (by Chris Adams). Freddie just left hospital and should be back after 10-12 days rest!

• Like 1