British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PremierRebel

Vissing In Masters Out

Sedgmen is full time EL with Lakeside, not a D/U

Lakeside might have said that-however the offical team decs do not reflect that(however we do know they were cocked up recently).It still doesn`t alter the fact that if he loses his PL place it doesn`t affect his elite league D/U status.

I see on his Facebook page he has 'liked' Leicester.

Sad to see him go from Somerset, although he was better last year than this. Difficult and bold decision by the management.

SR17.7.2 The initial Declaration may include 2 pairs of "Doubling-Up Riders" and a #8,

all of whom at the time of (re)declaration must be in a Premier League Declared 1 - 7.

Interesting move to drop Masters but probably the best one as he has not impressed this year and will miss some matches. However I hope Vissing can start scoring points soon after his injury lay off.

Completely baffled by this decision, granted Masters has not progressed from last season but still a heat leader, and some of his poor form (by his standards) was due to riding with an injury. He is or was a Somerset asset, and was hyped up when he was signed by the promotion, and as a young rider can only progress further and improve his average. Jesper on the other hand is past his best and understandably has struggled on away tracks he has never rode before. Explains why Sam was not being included in The Pairs.. The official version is Sam would be missing matches due to his under 21 commitments. He is at Tanow on September 15th so would miss Somersets home match against Workington, but it's a PL match and would not affect Somerset qualifying in the top two, and Somerset have enough fire power to cover with R/R. The other meeting is in Pardubice on October 13th which on the Rebels fixture list is an Open meeting, perhaps the Premier Trophy? Sams last two matches in the seven match series are in November so don't affect anyone. Kyle, Tom and Alex were in the British under 21 and have missed meetings, the KO Cup home defeat springs to mind. So knowing the fixture list at the start of the season it makes you wonder why this has just become a problem. There is no guarantee that Claus will return to his best quickly after yet another injury, and on paper this makes the team weaker and virtually guarantees we won't win the League this year. We can only hope that Jesper rides the away track better when we finally, (if we ever do), race the Premier Trophy final

Edited by oldtimer

Completely baffled by this decision, granted Masters has not progressed from last season but still a heat leader, and some of his poor form (by his standards) was he was riding with an injury. He is or was a Somerset asset so perhaps Somerset want to cash in. He was hyped up last year by the promotion and as a young rider can only progress further and improve his average. Jesper on the other hand is past his best and understandably has struggled on away tracks he has never rode before. Perhaps there was a disagreement about not being included in The Pairs, one can only speculate this strange decision. There is no guarantee that Claus will return to his best quickly after yet another injury, and on paper this makes the team weaker and virtually guarantees we won't win the League this year. We can only hope that Jesper rides the away track better when we finally, (if we ever do), race the Premier Trophy final

who did you beat in the semi final??

Completely baffled by this decision, granted Masters has not progressed from last season but still a heat leader, and some of his poor form (by his standards) was he was riding with an injury. He is or was a Somerset asset so perhaps Somerset want to cash in. He was hyped up last year by the promotion and as a young rider can only progress further and improve his average. Jesper on the other hand is past his best and understandably has struggled on away tracks he has never rode before. Perhaps there was a disagreement about not being included in The Pairs, one can only speculate this strange decision. There is no guarantee that Claus will return to his best quickly after yet another injury, and on paper this makes the team weaker and virtually guarantees we won't win the League this year. We can only hope that Jesper rides the away track better when we finally, (if we ever do), race the Premier Trophy final

Old Timer have you ever been optimistic in your life, I doubt it. How can you say that the decision to drop Sam means we will not win the league. It must have took a lot of soul searching to release Sam,and not an easy call for Bish and the rest. I was fortunate enough to be at Sam`s debut at Rye, not the easiest place to kick your British career off and he was outstanding,and excited everyone who was there.He was an ever present last year and held the team together sometimes on his own.This season has been different,injuries have held him back, loads more travelling around Europe, regular meetings at Poole,where much is expected of him, imo have affected him.How many times has he been in front and been passed this year, an unheard of occurrence last term.

I like Sam, always have,he will bounce back and I would have him back next season like a shot if he was available.

I think Bish and co are looking at the run in, only one more away fixture to go for the JBM bashers, but three home . Sam still has U 21 fixtures to fulfil where he will missing again.The big ask is how will Claus perform,but that is the gamble, he was ok last time he came back after injury, and the present injury was not his fault. I hope the Rebels can pick something up this season, unbeaten at home so far,and best away record in the division. For the record I don`t think we will win the Pairs, but I would love to see us pick up the league or the league cup.

Completely baffled by this decision, granted Masters has not progressed from last season but still a heat leader, and some of his poor form (by his standards) was due to riding with an injury. He is or was a Somerset asset, and was hyped up when he was signed by the promotion, and as a young rider can only progress further and improve his average. Jesper on the other hand is past his best and understandably has struggled on away tracks he has never rode before. Explains why Sam was not being included in The Pairs.. The official version is Sam would be missing matches due to his under 21 commitments. He is at Tanow on September 15th so would miss Somersets home match against Workington, but it's a PL match and would not affect Somerset qualifying in the top two, and Somerset have enough fire power to cover with R/R. The other meeting is in Pardubice on October 13th which on the Rebels fixture list is an Open meeting, perhaps the Premier Trophy? Sams last two matches in the seven match series are in November so don't affect anyone. Kyle, Tom and Alex were in the British under 21 and have missed meetings, the KO Cup home defeat springs to mind. So knowing the fixture list at the start of the season it makes you wonder why this has just become a problem. There is no guarantee that Claus will return to his best quickly after yet another injury, and on paper this makes the team weaker and virtually guarantees we won't win the League this year. We can only hope that Jesper rides the away track better when we finally, (if we ever do), race the Premier Trophy final

To be fair Sam has not scored to his full potential this season and seemed at times to be just going through the motions without the will to win a race, maybe he needs to mature a little more and up his game or else I can see his career in the UK being very short lived

who did you beat in the semi final??

Yes Semi first but should thrash Workington

But the semi-final is against Newcastle..... :blink:

Cliffboy number of reasons don't think we will win League, Somerset is such a fair track there is little home track advantage and just as one example our recent home and away against Edinburgh, aggregate result Edinburgh 98 Rebels 85 think Jesper rode in both.

Time for bed I think OT.

This competition started so long ago I have forgotten who is who, unfortunately we may struggle against Newcastle. I assume it's home and away aggregate and BSPA not changed the rules

I'm taking Cliffboy's advice, finish my wine and off for an early night.

Cliffboy number of reasons don't think we will win League, Somerset is such a fair track there is little home track advantage and just as one example our recent home and away against Edinburgh, aggregate result Edinburgh 98 Rebels 85 think Jesper rode in both.

He did indeed, his last four home scores are 11,10, 12 and paid 10, whereas his away scores have been poor,see my point about the remaining fixtures.

ps If you are going Friday I`ll see you in the bar.

This competition started so long ago I have forgotten who is who, unfortunately we may struggle against Newcastle. I assume it's home and away aggregate and BSPA not changed the rules

I'm taking Cliffboy's advice, finish my wine and off for an early night.

Ha ha nice one

If you read this sam i wish you all the best in your future speedway and lets not forget he was late to a meeting so he could ride for the rebels on a friday night ,so can't say he was not commited