British Speedway Forum

Well with Gjedde,Lanham,and Doyle mentioned above and Mellgren already a shoe in,you only need Aspregen,Kurtz and Mark Jones to be the Wasps 2011 cup winning side ,are you trying to recreate a super team that closed Newport down? (with more than a little help from the clowns who promoted the team)With a recreation of that side you could walk the 2013 season

If you read my post you will see that I say that in my opinion they will NOT be in the 2013 Rockets Team, but if we did have one I would wish it to be Jason Doyle.

Already signed and sealed for Rye next year are if Len is to be believed, Mellgren, Garrity, Tyson Nelson, Kasper Lykke and Bunyan. I think you will find that is just one member of the Wasps 2011 winning team.

Edited by bolly

Stuart Robson fits the bill perfectly. Not sure we should start the season with a rider below Kasper and Jason though. Gonna be a good year is 2013!

Gonna be a good year is 2013!

I hope so Benny boy! ;)

My enthusiasm for watching the rockets hit an all time low last season.... :o

Stuart Robson fits the bill perfectly. Not sure we should start the season with a rider below Kasper and Jason though. Gonna be a good year is 2013!

From what Silver said about his number one its got Doolan or Lanham written all over it. If any riders of that ilk are signed then it won't be a good year.

I find it unreal that Silver doesn't want a spectacular rider as his number one. Those riders attract the fans Lenny boy! Christ, he really has lost his marbles what with some of the crap he comes out with.

I don't know what to make of this. The signed riders appear to be Mellgren, Nelson, Bunyan, Garrity and Lykke. The combined averages for this five comes out at 26.01. That's okay on the face of it but Len is now seeking a reserve. If this is the case it would have to be a rider with an average less than 4.79 (Garrity) leaving well over eleven points for his number one rider. Therefore, if it is to be Lanham or Doolan he is going to be five points under the points limit. I know that Len builds his teams below the limit but, even this, would be a bit drastic. He doesn't want a spectacular rider but one with experience which appears to rule out Lewis Bridger. So who is left, Kennett or, surely not, Joe Screen!

What's Paul Hurry up to nowadays?

could be kake nemo, close to lakeside and that o so important airport.. oh and he is stylish and brilliant. class on a bike.

Edited by jenga

From what Silver said about his number one its got Doolan or Lanham written all over it. If any riders of that ilk are signed then it won't be a good year.

I find it unreal that Silver doesn't want a spectacular rider as his number one. Those riders attract the fans Lenny boy! Christ, he really has lost his marbles what with some of the crap he comes out with.

you may be right, but also remember that only a couple of years ago Doolan was one of the stand out performers at PL level and hes certainly talented enough to reach that level again. I reckon if you can make Kev feel really wanted and settled and he gets his equipment right he can still be a number 1.

I don't know what to make of this. The signed riders appear to be Mellgren, Nelson, Bunyan, Garrity and Lykke. The combined averages for this five comes out at 26.01. That's okay on the face of it but Len is now seeking a reserve. If this is the case it would have to be a rider with an average less than 4.79 (Garrity) leaving well over eleven points for his number one rider. Therefore, if it is to be Lanham or Doolan he is going to be five points under the points limit. I know that Len builds his teams below the limit but, even this, would be a bit drastic. He doesn't want a spectacular rider but one with experience which appears to rule out Lewis Bridger. So who is left, Kennett or, surely not, Joe Screen!

Totally agree Tocha. When I read Lens statement about just a "No. 1 and a Reserve to get" I immediately thought we are gonna be well under the points limit then (AGAIN!!). Its a No. 1 and a 6 pointer we need and thats if we do go for a 10 point plus No. 1 like Kennett (which Im not convinced we will). Surely Garrity at reserve (with Kasper) has got to be a bonus? It would be foolish to have Garrity in the main body of the team with a three pointer at reserve and be two points under the limit!

.... but based on the last 2 or 3 seasons teams it wouldnt surprise me!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Rye House Promoter Len Silver is one of our Live Guests on tonight's BIKERfm Speedway Show so tune in Rockets Fans to hear all his plans for 2013 and his high's and low's of 2012.

you may be right, but also remember that only a couple of years ago Doolan was one of the stand out performers at PL level and hes certainly talented enough to reach that level again. I reckon if you can make Kev feel really wanted and settled and he gets his equipment right he can still be a number 1.

Been more than a couple of years since he's been a genuine number one and that was only because he was riding at Lynn every week where no PL rider could handle the grip. As soon as he went to Workington a few years ago as a number one his average has plummeted. Nowhere near a number one these days.

Why is Silver looking to sign a reserve? By the sounds of it he's putting together a side about 6 points below the limit

Been more than a couple of years since he's been a genuine number one and that was only because he was riding at Lynn every week where no PL rider could handle the grip. As soon as he went to Workington a few years ago as a number one his average has plummeted. Nowhere near a number one these days.

Why is Silver looking to sign a reserve? By the sounds of it he's putting together a side about 6 points below the limit

But the 5 riders he says he has nailed down haven't been named only guessed by those on here. There maybe a name or two in there that nobody has mentioned yet.