British Speedway Forum

Todays mercury states that whenever Luke B feels fit and ready to return there is a place in the team for him !!!

But Chris's injuries are a bit more long term, last time I saw him at Rye he said that the back is still very inflamed and they can't think of full recovery until inflamation is gone and slow healing takes place ??

Silver is usually loathe to drop riders from the side, however poorly they're performing. Ritchie Hawkins is a prime example. He'd have been kept in the side had he not he decided to call it a day.

Let's be honest, we all know who's place is in jeopardy when Luke decides the time is right to return.

Silver is usually loathe to drop riders from the side, however poorly they're performing. Ritchie Hawkins is a prime example. He'd have been kept in the side had he not he decided to call it a day.

Let's be honest, we all know who's place is in jeopardy when Luke decides the time is right to return.

Luke's Visa is in the post. Honest!

Luke's Visa is in the post. Honest!

Along with Horatio Nelson and Mike Tyson's if the Rye Management applied for it :rofl:

Edited by bolly

1.Olly Allen (9.62)

2.Anders Mellgren (6.47)

3.Tyson Nelson (5.33)

4.Jason Bunyan (5.14)

5.Jason Garrity (4.79)

6.Simon Lambert (4.41)

7.Kasper Lykke (4.28)

Total: 40.04

Remaining: 2.46 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::t:

1.Olly Allen (9.62)

2.Anders Mellgren (6.47)

3.Tyson Nelson (5.33)

4.Jason Bunyan (5.14)

5.Jason Garrity (4.79)

6.Simon Lambert (4.41)

7.Kasper Lykke (4.28)

Total: 40.04

Remaining: 2.46 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::t:

Take out Lambert and you'd have enough points for someone like Ricky Kling :blink:

Must be a very good reason why Silver thought with 6.87 points to play that Simon Lambert was the ideal choice to complete the line up, but there again I'm only a supporter, what do I know?

Edited by Shadders

Take out Lambert and you'd have enough points for Ricky Kling :blink:

Don't be silly Shadders, Kling will cost more than £50 a week. That team with Nelson as the 'third' heatleader are going to get battered to within an inch of their lives.

If only the rumours were true about EK coming back.............Silver would have got more of my hard earned next year for sure.

That team with Nelson as the 'third' heatleader are going to get battered to within an inch of their lives.

Perhaps Silver is banking on Garrity making that step up. Nelson is gonna be very rusty and will take a while to get back in the groove. Still not convinced he'll be over.

Perhaps Silver is banking on Garrity making that step up. Nelson is gonna be very rusty and will take a while to get back in the groove. Still not convinced he'll be over.

This gets me back to my point earlier in the thread about teams weaker each year. Here we have a lad who became a strong reserve last year full of confidence because of his team position and the less than stronger opposition riders he rode against to who now is deemed to be good enough for a main body team place putting him against better riders not reserves in more heats. Hope he copes or his confidence will be shot to bits.

Don't be silly Shadders, Kling will cost more than £50 a week. That team with Nelson as the 'third' heatleader are going to get battered to within an inch of their lives.

If only the rumours were true about EK coming back.............Silver would have got more of my hard earned next year for sure.

Yep Kennett would have got a few fans coming back, who have deserted the place over the last five years. Instead he signs one of the most boring riders around in Olly Allen who cant pass wind and will likely lose a point off his average.

Imo Silver didn't want to waste money on signing anyone decent on a seven point average as he's saving a place for his lovechild Bowen to comeback from injury. Much easier to drop a non scoring Lambert and as he's so far under the limit the averages won't be a problem.

Club will continue to go nowhere with that septet on show.

a bold move to field a team of five reserves one second string and a heat leader,but will len prove all the doubters wrong mmm the jury's out on that one.

Maybe Uncle Lennie has set his team up so that when Nelson decides he isnt coming, Lennie will have x number of riders offering their services on the cheap as they havent got a team place. Wily Old Fox, that Uncle Lennie :lol:

• Like 1

Maybe Uncle Lennie has set his team up so that when Nelson decides he isnt coming, Lennie will have x number of riders offering their services on the cheap as they havent got a team place. Wily Old Fox, that Uncle Lennie :lol:

Your purile attempt at humour may have a grain of truth in it. If indeed Nelson fails to show we'll have almost 8 points to play with

Your purile attempt at humour may have a grain of truth in it. If indeed Nelson fails to show we'll have almost 8 points to play with

If that's the case if i were a Rye fan i'd be hoping he doesn't show!

And if he doesn't, do you trust len to make the most of that near 8 points? Having seen his comments about not bothering to look at points limits when building his sides i'd be less than confident that he would.

If it does indeed happen, what are the chances of Tommy Allen making a comeback?

IMO side doesnt look too bad but would be even better if points were used properly.

Allen may be a bit boring but is nailed on for 8.5 at least should he survive the season unscathed, Mellgren should be pushing 8 come October and Nelson, should he arrive, should be good for 6.5-7.

Garrity and Nielsen will improve which leaves Bunyan and Lambert. These are the weak links IMO.

I am sure Josh Grajczonek fits for Lambert if not he definately does for Bunyan which would give you a team of:

1. Allen

2. Garrity

3. Mellgren

4. Nelson

5. Grajczonek

6. Lykke Nielsen

7. Lambert

That looks a lethal team but Silver being Silver has again elected to go well under the limit and whilst the team wont be near the bottom it wont be near the top unless he makes a change or two.