British Speedway Forum

A Rye House press release: Rye House will play host on Saturday, August 24th (7pm) to a special Challenge match between the newly formed Kent Kings and defending National League champions Mildenhall in a match that will see the return to Hoddesdon of the likes of Steve Boxall and Ben Morley, plus traditional East Anglian arch-rivals the Fen Tigers.

What a good idea ... :blink: have a challenge match against teams of the same standard as the current Rye House team.... :D

When will uncle Len wake up and smell the coffee.... :o Why doesn't Andrew Silver step and run the club - someone with a little more nous than Uncle Len and uncle John...! :t:

A Rye House press release: Rye House will play host on Saturday, August 24th (7pm) to a special Challenge match between the newly formed Kent Kings and defending National League champions Mildenhall in a match that will see the return to Hoddesdon of the likes of Steve Boxall and Ben Morley, plus traditional East Anglian arch-rivals the Fen Tigers.

Oh crap, I'm gonna miss this as I'll be watching the Rockets at Berwick... Marvellous!!

Edited by Shadders

Something has to be done about the Rye House reserves - last nights showing was our problem in a nut shell, paid 20 for Ipswich to ryes 4+1 (all from one rider). Totally agree with shadders, you will win nothing with duff reserves. Poor Simon Lambert is in a no win situation at the moment (literally) needs confidence by the bucket load but is no where near winning races to build up that confidence. For Simon's sake as much as the team he has to be replaced with someone who can at least get you 5/6 points home and away. Kasper just seems to have stalled - just when you think he is going to break into a second string role he takes one step forward & 2 steps back, I for one cannot make this out as the guy clearly has bags of ability...will he ever get significantly better?? the jury is still out.! .Nelson is a whole new can of worms, I don't think I have ever seen a rider try so hard for such little reward, there is something drastically wrong with his engines at the moment as his bikes were just going backwards all night. Every Rye House fan knows how good Nelson can be given a decent bike. The key to our season from this week onwards is to get Jason Garrity down to reserve when he returns, then we will have something to get excited about.... Down to you uncle Len!!!

• Like 2

The key to our season from this week onwards is to get Jason Garrity down to reserve when he returns, then we will have something to get excited about.... Down to you uncle Len!!!

That should've been done pre season Keith, especially with over 2 points to play with.

• Like 1

Garritty and Luke ? I think this will get Garritty down to reserve and give a fairly reliable 6-7 points + from Luke at home meetings.

Garritty and Luke ? I think this will get Garritty down to reserve and give a fairly reliable 6-7 points + from Luke at home meetings.

Luke's had the rod out of his leg I was told and will be building up the muscles. Expect to see him doing a few laps soon.

Come Saturday Luke will have been out of action for a year and entitled to an 8% average reduction so would be on a shade over 5. Don't think he's the answer this season though on the comeback from a serious injury. As I said previously Garrity and a couple of 6 pointers would leave the two Jasons at reserve, just what we need fire power at the bottom end.

Edited by RocketBen1

I didn't say it was the answer to all Ryes problems. But I think it will be the most likely outcome.

That should've been done pre season Keith, especially with over 2 points to play with.

I think that's harsh, I am sure anyone with sense wouldn't even look at the points limit, and would instead just build the team they reeeeeeeeeally want even if it happens to be miles below the limit? :blink:

• Like 3

Joy of joys, we have a PL double header on the 20th July, Glasgow and Sheffield... Starts at 6pm.

Nelson seriously needs to sort the mechanical side out. He was going backwards all night, not through lack of effort. You simply cannot be your own mechanic in professional speedway, no way.

Yet, tonight he rode as a guest for Lakeside against Wolves.scoring 5 points from 4 rides. He won heat two then almost brought the house down by leading Freddie Lindgren for 3 laps before the Swedish ace found a way through. I am guessing he got time to practice and, more importantly, advice on set-ups from Davey Watt and PK.

That was a very different rider to ipswich at Lakeside tonight. I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he lost his first bike before the meeting, but the over riding going nowhere rider from Foxhall became a very decent rider at Lakeside. I hope Nelson does this tonight if its on however its more than likely that he is doing what most riders do when doubling up, more effort and better preperation for the Elite. After all his prep work couldn't have been worse at Foxhall and may have caused us to come away with a 20 point defeat rather than nicking a point.

Oh dear, as feared the season is slowly slipping through our fingers. Shadders put it well by saying 4 points for Garrity and poor Lambert was, well just poor again. I fear a resurgent and fit team in July /August will be firing on all cylinders but it may just be too late and we will be saying if only there was different decisions back in June.

• Like 1

Very unlikely to happen I know but couldn't len silver sign Klindt I think hed drop down on an 8.41 for Allen, and Roynon in place of Mear and the re-declare with Garrity when fit for Lambert. Probably never happen though.... so don't know why I suggested it ha ha

Very unlikely to happen I know but couldn't len silver sign Klindt I think hed drop down on an 8.41 for Allen, and Roynon in place of Mear and the re-declare with Garrity when fit for Lambert. Probably never happen though.... so don't know why I suggested it ha ha

Can't help but think the club will be a mid to low end team unless we have a more switched on promoter.