British Speedway Forum

I wish to clarify the Kling suggestion, it was to replace Lambert not Allen, yes not great at Berwick but Neath scored 3 from 7 rides at IOW some years ago so it is easy to highlight a very poor performance but I said he flew in a very short notice to help out on that occassion. This year he won 43 races at Somerset including beating Doyle, DID LAMBERT? He was very unhappy at Plymouth so please do not believe that is all he can offer. If he has "lost it" OK but if not at 4+ he would be a great asset

OK 3 races at Somerset

No need to clarify, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Personally I think he'd be a gamble on that average regardless of where he came in to the side though.

No need to clarify, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Personally I think he'd be a gamble on that average regardless of where he came in to the side though.

One solution is closer to home. Get Steve Boxall into the side. Full maximum for Kent last night.

• Like 1

Can somebody clarify the rules and regs relating to Steve coming into the Rockets team ?

As he has previously held an EL average of above 4, I dont think he can come in at reserve and I am not sure if he can double up from the Kings ?

I can't recall his EL average ever being over 4 excluding bonus points, could be wrong though. As for where he stands with Kent I can't see them letting him go. He is their talisman now and the best man in the NL. Food for thought also is that next season he would be on an average from his last 24 meetings with us in 2011 in the PL and could be eligible for a 2.5% average reduction as he spent this year in the NL which could be lower than his present PL figure. I'm not 100% this would be the case but at first glance it would appear so and I've not got the time to work out what that average would be! :P I'm not suggesting we write of another season but that scenario could be in the thinking of Len...

Nothing in the rules to prevent Boxhall doubling-up, I don't think.

What he can't be is an "NL guest" to stand in for a missing No 7. I think that's where the "CMA of over 4.00" comes in.

Nothing in the rules to prevent Boxhall doubling-up, I don't think.

What he can't be is an "NL guest" to stand in for a missing No 7. I think that's where the "CMA of over 4.00" comes in.

He can't ride in both leagues simultaneously due to his PL average being over a certain threshold which I believe is the 5 point mark, possibly 4. That's why when we signed Simon Lambert last season he had to leave Stoke.

just a typical Rye House mess created by a very lethargic promotion, plenty of riders out there to give us half a chance of pulling this season out of the fire but as usual they just can't see the wood for the trees and nothing gets done!

• Like 3

I was at Berwick to watch the Rockets. I remember being disgusted by Ricky Kling, the big-time EL guest, who turned up with a dirty bike and kevlars, and then turned in a performance to match his equipment

Was hoping for more than 3 points from him and only finishing ahead of Ben Morely and Jason Bunyan. A real let down and cost us a point at least.

Edited by Shadders

He can't ride in both leagues simultaneously due to his PL average being over a certain threshold which I believe is the 5 point mark, possibly 4. That's why when we signed Simon Lambert last season he had to leave Stoke.

Stoke are a saturday track Simon couldn't ride for both teams anyway

Stoke are a saturday track Simon couldn't ride for both teams anyway

Doesn't mean a thing with regards to if he can or can't double up, he'd just have missed most of Stoke's home fixtures. When originally announced it was as a doubling up rider but the average rule meant he had to leave Stoke. Same would apply to Boxall.

I see elsewhere that Swedish star Pontus Aspgren of Wolverhampton will start with the Rockets on loan as from the match at Plymouth on July 5 - subject to BSPA approval.

I see elsewhere that Swedish star Pontus Aspgren of Wolverhampton will start with the Rockets on loan as from the match at Plymouth on July 5 - subject to BSPA approval.

Indeed...http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/Sport/Speedway/Aspgren-to-Join-Rockets-20130627154049.htm

Are you happy with the Pontus signing Shadders? Would you like to see Boxall back?

Don't know much about Aspgren to be honest