British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Swedish Play Offs 2012

Smederna have started well.

18-6 after 4 heats. Good fight in heat 2

Between Berntzon and Anton as well as in heat 4 between

Lindbäck and PK where PK showed that he still got it

By passing Antonio on the third lap.

All-over after the 1st legs ? Should be a cracking final with the best two teams in the league.

It should be over, I cant see how Masarna or Griparna could make a comeback from this.

The meeting itself wasn't that great, a couple of tight heats bu not that much drama.

First bend of heat 14 was pretty sweet though, Zorro made the best start with Antonio almost

side by side. Zorro took Antonio a bit wide to allow PK to head down the inside of the both = 5-1 Smederna.

Antonio then looked to get his revenge in heat 15 where Zorro+PK outgated him.

However Antonio blasted past them on the outside and had a comfortable lead until the last bend.

He suddenly lost speed wand pulled up. A few moments later when his mechanics arrived Antonio was

really really upset with them and start pointing towards the bike. It turned out that his mechanics had forgot

to top up the fuel tank so Antonio had run out of fuel like 15-20m from the finish line.

The provisional line-ups for the first of the two quarter-final second legs have been announced and i've yet to see any news of injuries or other changes. Therefore, i've placed the MiniMax racecard online.

As usual any late team changes will be updated to the racecard tomorrow.

The first leg was of course a 53-37 victory for Dackarna, so a hefty 16 point deficit to be made up by Västervik

MiniMax Racecards - Swedish Play Offs Q-Final 2nd Leg, VÄSTERVIK Vs. DACKARNA

http://speedway.manc.../racecards.html

Edited by manchesterpaul

Will send it out shortly to our subscribers - does anyone know when the line-up for Wednesday's fixture is likely to be released?

(And as you can see I've finally worked out how to change my username!)

Will send it out shortly to our subscribers - does anyone know when the line-up for Wednesday's fixture is likely to be released?

It's available already.

http://ta.svemo.se/Public/Pages/Competition/CompetitionTeamMembers.aspx?CompetitionId=1700

Edited by Ghostwalker

OMG! 'The Donut is dead........Long live the Dave Goddard' :D

I've added the second semi-final now too, it wasn't available earlier. Obviously it's worth bearing in mind that the Wednesday line-up is at the same stage of declaration as a Sunday one for the regular weekly Tuesday fixtures. As ever worth waiting as long as one can before taking it as gospel.

MiniMax Racecards - Swedish Play Offs Q-Final 2nd Leg, VÄSTERVIK Vs. DACKARNA (Tuesday)

MiniMax Racecards - Swedish Play Offs Q-Final 2nd Leg, INDIANERNA Vs. HAMMARBY (Wednesday)

http://speedway.manc.../racecards.html

Edited by manchesterpaul

Great to know that we've already got secured another year's coverage of the Elitserien on Premier Sports here in the UK. Along with many i'm only just recovering from the trauma of having the NFL tv deal settled the day before the opening game!

Ouchee very loud P.A. system i need subtitles. Fortunately, it won't be on during the actual races but not great sound level mixing right now. Hopefully, it's only the pre-meeting.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Hi everyone.

Hope all is well. Ghostwalker will be pleased to hear that Sweden makes the front page of The Wall Street Journal here today with a story about fermented herring called Surstromming. Such is the way of the world :lol: Now on with the racing! which for me will be in Polish today Alan.

Dudek slipping clutch or wrist or concentration? OK i get it Freddie Lindgren comes in as a reserve replacement!

Welcome Alan, all is great with a new 3 year NFL tv deal lol. Hang on, you read and UNDERSTAND the Wall Street Journal, i feel all thick all of a sudden.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1