British Speedway Forum
Eagles4459

Should Tai Woffinden Be In The Gp Next Year?

How many blasts has he had at the BF too and done nothing??? Tai's been to Cardiff for the "experience" is it 2 or 3 times even though he's had one ride in 2008.....but personally I'd just like to see a different name there, be it Cook or whoever instead of Woffinden,Nicholls, Kennett, Stead, Barker etc as I don't think Tai is a major talent ahead of anyone else and so why should he be given automatic place? Its the same old names riding for Gb, introduce a few of the younger lads and let them have a go.

Same as regards Harris as his form not been great in Gps past few years......lets introduce a bit of new blood, they definately cannot be any worse!!! Will be a pity if not Brit in Gps :neutral:

And how many times has he been leading the British final before either being taken out or someone else causes the race to be stopped and Nichols or Harris has gone on to win the rerun?

Woffinden just needs that little bit of luck that other riders seem to get, a bit like getting a wild card pick for the final of the qualifiers that is to be raced at Wolverhampton as a hypothetical scenario perhaps.

Am afraid to say Harris/Nichols great racers, rubbish to inconsistant gaters!

We might as well try the young blood!

What have we to lose? Would they have scored less points than Harris this year so far? I doubt it (Great racer but soooooooo frustrating!)

I don't see Woffinden that far in front of some of the Brits I still think Harris is the best when he is on decent equipment.?Cook and Auty are the best long term prospects out of the REST in my opinion.Even those two have a long way to go,but both are on the up and have both improved a he'll of a lot.Cook is a better gater but Auty is a better racer and can pass on a regular basis as his gating isn't the best.Woffinden too me has to have a season when he rides regular no injuries shows a bit more consistency then he might deserve something at the moment I would say no.

• Like 1

Mind Craig is 3 years older than Tai...

Niamh

But Craig has pretty limited exsperience ,at speedway thou certainly at a high level.Age means nothing John tiger Louis proved that was he aged 29?when he started speedway.

Who's likely to have a longer future a 22YO or a 25YO?

Niamh

If only it was that simple....which it isn't

No? just compare their EL averages...

Craig is currently several years away from GP standard, that's not to say that if picked Tai would be a storming success.

Niamh

No? just compare their EL averages...

Craig is currently several years away from GP standard, that's not to say that if picked Tai would be a storming success.

Niamh

How will comparing their averages show who will be riding longer?

iris123

I hope we're not looking for a future Joe Screen who just keeps on riding at a gradually reducing standard; mind good luck to him, he must still be enjoying it.

Niamh

Whether he should, or whether he should not ... Tai Woffinden WILL be in the series next year if HE wants to be. Thats as sure as night follows day :t:

Whether he should, or whether he should not ... Tai Woffinden WILL be in the series next year if HE wants to be. Thats as sure as night follows day :t:

Why? what has he done to deserve it?

Why? what has he done to deserve it?

I think you will find "deserve" does not come into it, he is the number one Brit now & that will suffice the GP guys :neutral:

I think you will find "deserve" does not come into it, he is the number one Brit now & that will suffice the GP guys :neutral:

How is that did he win the British title? he hasn't done anything yet to be British no 1.Not saying he isn't capable but on actual achievements he hasn't done it yet it's all what he MIGHT do.