British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

Exactly how many promoters/riders have p***ed you off?? :P:shock: I think I got that the right way round!!!

Edited by Skidder

:rofl: How you crack me up. We treat our staff well and have a good reputation in our industry, pity pboro dont in theres :D We sponsored them and got treated badly, never mind the sponsors are beating the doors down to the extent the owner has to sponsor it themselves :party: Lets hope you get more than the normal 10 people in for 2013 as you may even make a profit :D Just proves the city dont want you or the fans or the show ground really. Lets see who is around in 10 years time ;)

At least you're not bitter, that's the main thing!

@batchattack1: it does make them look like a petulant child?

Has to be quote of the day coming from Batchelor :D

• Like 1

So the Panthers sign Ryan Fisher there second LOAN signing you couldn't make it up

Bet your bottom $$$ there`ll be more , Love the average the Fish is on tho !!! How does that happen ???

That average cannot be correct unless more rule changing has gone on. Still, best of luck to Ryan. Perhaps this is the season he will kick on.

The Fish is a steal for Peterborough on that average! Think Peterborough could be quite strong. Hope Coventry can get the same rule applied for Roynon and Summers, might actually get a decent third heatleader then! Even a Brit reduction for Roynon would be nice!

So the Panthers sign Ryan Fisher there second LOAN signing you couldn't make it up

Don't they believe in using their assets?

• Like 1

Panthers cheat again unless there's an amendment for 2013 the World isn't allowed to see???

17.2.5 Where a Rider has a 2011 PL MA and a 2010 EL MA due to transferring Clubs before the 2011 season, then the EL MA will apply if transferring to the EL.

When I read some of these comments I do wonder where all the hate comes from. Born in Peterborough and Panthers are my team but I can honestly say I do not dislike any other Elite League club. I find it a bit odd how certain people seem to hate Peterborough Panthers so much. Yes the rules are rubbish and they can be manipulated but they always have been and probably always will be.

Edited by Warren2
  • Like 3

Panthers cheat again unless there's an amendment for 2013 the World isn't allowed to see???

17.2.5 Where a Rider has a 2011 PL MA and a 2010 EL MA due to transferring Clubs before the 2011 season, then the EL MA will apply if transferring to the EL.

Stekkers has just Tweeted this rule exists but just change the Years (2012 PL - 2011EL), so how on earth has the average arrived at 5.27???

Before any stats rule 17.2.4:-

Where only one (EL or PL) average has been established the previous season, then that is the Average used, converted where necessary as per SR 17.2.2 for both Leagues whether full-time or Doubling-Up.

Surely that one come in if no average had been attained by a rider in either league in any previous season but it seems as though the Panthers are running with 17.2.4 and not budging

Basically 17.2.4 & 17.2.5 contradict each other, brilliant rule making

they believe in having first refusal I. Their assets before another club which is quite within their rights. Could field a team full of loan riders if they wish. Makes no difference to the current debate

They said that they were going to try to use their assets which is somewhat different and clearly a difficult concept to grasp for some, probably those without many or any!

They said that they were going to try to use their assets which is somewhat different and clearly a difficult concept to grasp for some, probably those without many or any!

probaly the riders they've signed are cheaper than there own assets ???

probaly the riders they've signed are cheaper than there own assets ???

Could indeed be one of numerous reasons :)

When I read some of these comments I do wonder where all the hate comes from. Born in Peterborough and Panthers are my team but I can honestly say I do not dislike any other Elite League club. I find it a bit odd how certain people seem to hate Peterborough Panthers so much. Yes the rules are rubbish and they can be manipulated but they always have been and probably always will be.

Hate is a strong word Warren 2. I have been a member of this forum for just over a year and i have seen no evidence of 'hate' towards the Panthers. Frustration maybe, certainly in recent times, but certainly from where i sit, the Showground is a brilliant place to watch speedway. Excellent track and viewing. Perhaps you are getting 'hate' and 'dislike' confused with rivalry or on the odd occasion, a bit of envy?

@batchattack1: Peterborough seem to be getting a few riders on load for 2013, but aren't letting any of THEIR assets out on LOAN.. #doublestandards

I for one cannot work out why Peterborough are not allowing all of their assets to talk to other clubs, understand if they are still potentially wanted at the showground, but surely they can't want all of them??

It does look like they are playing silly buggers to make a point, and whilst they are doing nothing wrong, it does make them look like a petulant child?

Bucko, Sullivan......both free to talk to other clubs!!!! Why on earth should they let ALL their assets talk to other clubs before they have finalised their team? The mentality of some posters on here is unbelievable.......or is it just envy?
  • Like 3