British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

sullys average is higher than that,whats he gonna do on away tracks ??? not alot would be my answer

Interestingly concerning Sullivans average this year why is it that he started on 7.72

Thought it was odd.

klindt probaly could do with a season away,but i hope it ain't at the showground

pontus aspregen 3.0

Klindt had a season away at Swindon last season.

Hopefully Pontus or Jacob (or both) will be commited to Wolves thank you.

Also heard the interview with rick frost. things dont sound good and if he doesnt pull out this year i'll be pretty shocked. hopefully its just a reaction to missing out on the play-offs and rethinks everything

Also heard the interview with rick frost. things dont sound good and if he doesnt pull out this year i'll be pretty shocked. hopefully its just a reaction to missing out on the play-offs and rethinks everything

http://audioboo.fm/b...20-09-12#t=0m0s here it is Edited by Panther2006

A link from the local press:

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/panthers-future-thrown-into-serious-doubt-1-4286439

As a Panthers fan it would be a sad day as the EOES is a great venue but you cannot expect a businessman to keep losing money. It has been fantastic to have an owner that has invested heavily into the team however if the crowds aren't there especially due to the economic climate or other reasons then in my eyes it is a no brainer!

I just don't think the City itself is particularly interested in their local sports teams as no matter how much promotion you do, even if the local Posh football team is doing rubbish the crowds at the championship level is shameful!!

Edited by Boris41

to be honest if panthers need 2000 to break even theres no hope whatsoever

the only slim chance they'd have of getting those figures is regular/weekly friday nights and a sucessfull side and that just ain't gonna happen at the showground

Gutted & upset, but at the end of the day don't blame him at all. I would like to Thank him from for all the hard work he has done for Peterborough Speedway....................................

A link from the local press:

http://www.peterboro...doubt-1-4286439

As a Panthers fan it would be a sad day as the EOES is a great venue but you cannot expect a businessman to keep losing money. It has been fantastic to have an owner that has invested heavily into the team however if the crowds aren't there especially due to the economic climate or other reasons then in my eyes it is a no brainer!

I just don't think the City itself is particularly interested in their local sports teams as no matter how much promotion you do, even if the local Posh football team is doing rubbish the crowds at the championship level is shameful!!

A tough time for Speedway clubs, but it seems like its the new thing to threaten to pull out.

Lets hope all those clubs struggling find a way forward.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/969412-rick-frost-on-his-future-at-the-peterborough-panthers-20-09-12#t=0m0s

Not sure how accurate averages are....

Kenneth Bjerre 8.18

Linus Sundstrum 7.70

Ryan Sullivan 7.35

Lasse Bjerre 4.91

Norbi Koscuch 5.81 (not sure! or A.N.Other)

Mikkel Beck 4.00

William Lawson 3.27

Brings us in at 41.22 :P

I doubt you'll even have a team to support next year :(

It is sad to hear that Frost is considering pulling out of the sport, but how long will it be before the BSPA realise the sport in this country needs a major rethink to secure the future. We have to cut the material to fit the cloth and the days of spending silly money on top riders have gone. We need to understand if the sport cannot be run profitably then there’s little point in running at all.

It is sad to hear that Frost is considering pulling out of the sport, but how long will it be before the BSPA realise the sport in this country needs a major rethink to secure the future. We have to cut the material to fit the cloth and the days of spending silly money on top riders have gone. We need to understand if the sport cannot be run profitably then there’s little point in running at all.

Its a point thats been made many times before but the BSPA do not appear to be able to all pull in the same direction.

This sport needs radical surgery and has done for years but it just wont listed to its supporters.

Its a point thats been made many times before but the BSPA do not appear to be able to all pull in the same direction.

This sport needs radical surgery and has done for years but it just wont listed to its supporters.

It would be sad to see the Panthers fold. I always felt when running on Fridays the crowds was always better and therfore more fiable. If it means the future is without the GP stars then so be it and revert back to them good ole days.

At Lynn last Monday we had a terrific meeting with racing of the highest order. There was nothing at stake and only 1 GP rider on show. It proved to me me you don't need those top rider stars to put on an attractive meeting. The supporters will follow the team, not the rider. I'm sure there is a future for Speedway in this country, but like you say, a major rethink is needed......

Might PL racing be more viable? More regular racing, lower expenses and less conflict with foreign leagues/GPs. I know some would say "I only want to see the best riders" however we really don't get that in the Elite now anyway. Also, there would be an awful lot of local Derbys for betting travelling support too. Just a thought!

• Like 1

Cheaper entry.

Seriously that has kept me away almost all season and its terrible because I love speedway & I love the panthers! I would hate to see it go, but I cant afford £50 a week for me and the mrs to come down...

Cheaper entry.

Seriously that has kept me away almost all season and its terrible because I love speedway & I love the panthers! I would hate to see it go, but I cant afford £50 a week for me and the mrs to come down...

Ever thought of buying a season ticket, almost a must have for a Panthers fan given our fixture list.

It would be sad to see the Panthers fold. I always felt when running on Fridays the crowds was always better and therfore more fiable. If it means the future is without the GP stars then so be it and revert back to them good ole days.

At Lynn last Monday we had a terrific meeting with racing of the highest order. There was nothing at stake and only 1 GP rider on show. It proved to me me you don't need those top rider stars to put on an attractive meeting. The supporters will follow the team, not the rider. I'm sure there is a future for Speedway in this country, but like you say, a major rethink is needed......

Supporters just want to see competitive racing and a good product. The minute they feel they are being ripped off, that's where they vote with their feet. If the racing is good, then they will return. I don't believe if there are no gp riders, fans won't come.

• Like 1