British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Panthers 2013 Thread

Why are we discussing this? The BSPA have ruled that if you want to use Ben then you have to buy him. Doesnt matter who said what now.

According to who? O yes that's right ONLY the Bees website where Mick can spout whatever he feels. Where else is this published?

It may well be that Brum have to buy Ben but let's just wait until the 15th.

I agree.

Hans & KB have the same average. Also Gary P says that KB is a good rider.

Looks like they are determined to have one of the other of OUR riders.

Hope they don't forget Ryan Sullivan as they are so concerned about riders welfare. He'd probably welcome an approach from Swindon.

Edited by Crump99

According to who? O yes that's right ONLY the Bees website where Mick can spout whatever he feels. Where else is this published?

It may well be that Brum have to buy Ben but let's just wait until the 15th.

According to the Peterborough who also mentioned it in there press release. The BSPA didnt announce that KL had to buy Schlein after they tapped him up and also havent announced there findings about Peterborough against Swindon and KL, they have seem to have left it to the promotions involved.

They do like the Swindon Panthers tag don't they!

Are they going to buy Bjerre because he'll come more expensive than our valuation of Hans which I doubt they've got anywhere near, or do they want another cheap loan deal of our assets?

So are you saying that if you have more assets than you can use under this season's rules, the assets that you own should not be allowed to ride elsewhere. Face up to it, the asset system is on it's last legs, last season's ruling on AM proved that! Who is going to shell out hard cash on a rider if your wishes can be overridden by the BSPA committee.
  • Like 1

So are you saying that if you have more assets than you can use under this season's rules, the assets that you own should not be allowed to ride elsewhere. Face up to it, the asset system is on it's last legs, last season's ruling on AM proved that! Who is going to shell out hard cash on a rider if your wishes can be overridden by the BSPA committee.

That is the problem. The Management Committee are saying the for example Birmingham should buy BB (or at least we are told - which is not an official press release from the powers that be) yet last year it was ruled that Poole could loan AM. Who is going to step in and be consistent? Surely AM set the precedent?

Edited by Mini Jack

No! Seems to have worked ok up to now with a few exceptions and if a few more promoters had opened their eyes during the winter of discontent and sided with Panthers and the Bees then the authorities might have been reigned in a bit?

• Like 1

According to the Peterborough who also mentioned it in there press release. The BSPA didnt announce that KL had to buy Schlein after they tapped him up and also havent announced there findings about Peterborough against Swindon and KL, they have seem to have left it to the promotions involved.

The BSPA have also decided against commenting on the Barker situation. Surely if it was that concrete then there would have been a press release on their site as well as Coventry's.

The BSPA have also decided against commenting on the Barker situation. Surely if it was that concrete then there would have been a press release on their site as well as Coventry's.

Two seperate promotions have now said that the BSPA have ruled on some ofthe issues raised. I think it would be highly unlikely they are both making it up. Why they havent put it on there website i dont know but the site isnt known to be up to date often

Is Rene a Peterborough asset? Are they going to allow him out on loan or will Rene need to be bought too considering he has been told he is not required?

Yes, Rene is an asset of P'boro. Im not aware he has been made available.

Another rider annoyed at the Peterborough promotion to add to the growing list of unhappy riders. :P

Lawson is not a P'boro asset. I suspect the 2/20 rule is the reason for this, prelim plans went out of the window for many teams.

I suspect Dakota North may be at reserve this year if Lawson is not in. Would be happy with that, using one of our own young assets.

Is Rene a Peterborough asset? Are they going to allow him out on loan or will Rene need to be bought too considering he has been told he is not required?

I thought Lawson was the interesting bit and the reason for the link. What has Bach got to do with the price of fish? He doesn't mention Peterborough.

Another rider annoyed at the Peterborough promotion to add to the growing list of unhappy riders. :P

Don't you ever give it a rest :rolleyes:

And yes we all know it's a forum and about opinions, no matter how tedious they are!

I'm sure all will become clear after the BSPA meeting next Tuesday, 15th January!!