British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2013

Kks, have you got a civil bone in your body? Can you not debate subjects with any kind of empathy? Why are you so hostile? Do you realise fellow posters despise you? Does that matter to you?

Feel like I'm stalking you a bit tonight ER, sorry about that....

How many times has THJRacing called various posters 'idiot' in the last couple of days...

'Manners maketh Man', now go wash your mouth out young Lucy... :t:

i see you can't go long without slating bjerre :rolleyes:

If you were bright you would know its a one sided discussion.

You can, at least debate sensibly.

Im not slating Bjerre. I`m just stating the facts as they are.

Iversen has had a superb season? FACT?? Bjerre has had an awful season in EL, Poland, Sweden, GP? FACT?

Now if you were to tell me i was wrong in what i said then i would have to add you to the multi named ones list

I'm still of the belief that we need 3 decent heat leaders to ensure we win at home. Its all very well having a strong middle order to picks up points away from home, but if we keep losing at home we defeat the purpose.

Because our track is fair and teams like to perform here, we have to have strong heat leaders just to compete. We need to win our home matches first, then worry about the results away after.

That side is still too inconsistent and you wull still lose at home. Will iversen kick on from this year? Can't see it personally. Mads and both poles will flatter to deceive again and the reserves are again too weak. Troy for me is the only one likely to slightly increase his average. Top 4 possibly, title winners? No chance.

Troy back to Lynn ................. unlikely innit!! He'd have to have a major change of heart!!

Niels

Sczspeniak

Janowski

Mads

Troy

Howe

Smith/Eklof

That's well over the points limit...

If we are going to continue in the EL next year we need to look at riders who can do three things...

1. Can ride Kings Lynn well.

2. Are committed to riding for the Club and not more concerned about other commitments.

3. Have the potential to increase their starting average.

For me out of this years team working on those 3 factors, I would only keep Iversen and Wolbert, the rest of the team needs a complete revamp.

Getting in someone like Bomber will be a big crowd draw, and I believe he covers all three of the categories I have mentioned, as would Olly Allen who has always been superb round Kings Lynn when he has rode as a home rider for the season. The rest would be down to the numbers game, Average and Cost wise, but IF we could secure those 4 riders, and it's a big IF, then it would be our best starting point to a team since we entered the EL.

If we are going to continue in the EL next year we need to look at riders who can do three things...

1. Can ride Kings Lynn well.

2. Are committed to riding for the Club and not more concerned about other commitments.

3. Have the potential to increase their starting average.

For me out of this years team working on those 3 factors, I would only keep Iversen and Wolbert, the rest of the team needs a complete revamp.

Spot on. The team needs to be rebuilt round these three.

Before I start brainstorming I'm going to point out as a disclaimer that any riders I mention would come to Lynn subject to they and their parent club wanting them to, and that includes Iversen and Wolbert who aren't Lynn assets. Averages quoted are correct as of 05/09/12 and will of course be slightly different come then end of the season.

So assuming Szczepaniak 5.19 is the first name on the sheet and is joined by Wolbert 5.03 & Iversen 8.79 that would leave around 22 points for the other four if the points limit remains at 41. One thing we have been crying out for all season and have not really had is a rider to take the number 5 position by the scruff of the neck and consistently back Puk up. Names that immediately spring to mind are Rory Schlein 7.23 and Chris Harris 7.55 as a result of their guest appearances at Lynn this year. Both would be great signings but are likley to stay with their parent clubs and even if they didn't would be in demand and as such probably out of Lynn's price range. There are others who for me have plenty of room to improve and one or two for whom a change of scenery and working under Rob Lyon (if he carries on) would probably do them the world of good. These include Gustafsson 6.56, Buczkowski 6.57 and much more controversially Kennett 6.85 and Bridger 6.96. Most people wouldn't touch these two with a barge pole for various reasons but both are talented riders who have lost their way and Buster & Rob have form from our PL days for signing underperforming riders and turning them into good heat leaders. Another name which springs to mind and has always ridden Lynn well is Proctor 5.69 and after his excellent season with us last year Allen 5.77. Two young assets who would slot in nicely sharing at number seven are Eklof 3.00 and Smith 3.77 (subject to fitness and a decent winter in Oz). Also subject to fitness I'd consider Howe 5.87 in a double up role. The middle order this year of Nermark, Korneliussen & Janowski have all been far to inconsistent and I'd have one at the absolute maximum back if their average fitted like a glove. Nermark is probably the most likely as an asset and having the lowest average of the three but his scores abroad compared to over here this year have put a lot of people off, not least the promotion. Similarly Screen & Ostergaard did reasonable jobs for the team but neither are long term answers IMO. Also i think Wolbert needs more meetings and I'd like to see him double up in 2013 if he comes back. Hougaard 4.99 looks an absolute bargain, wonder where he'll end up......

Its no secret that Lynn don't have the asset base or financial clout of other promotions and as such we'll probably be picking up the scraps when other teams have who they want but if anything reasonably realistic was possible I'd probably go for:

1. Iversen 8.79

2. Szczepaniak 5.19

3. Allen 5.77

4. Proctor 5.69

5. Schlein 7.23

6. Wolbert 5.03

7. Eklof 3.00

With double up partners for the two reserves if suitable riders could be found. Bach, Tungate & North are three names that spring to mind.

• Like 1

That's well over the points limit...

While in the Elite League, this is an impossible promise from any rider that's also committed to teams on the continent. If you mean commitment as in effort I don't believe Janowski or Nermark where any less committed than the other riders. No rider want to turn up to a meeting and not earn money. Janowski is probably the most banged up rider from crashed at home & Nermark just couldn't get to grips with he track at all but away from home done a solid job.

Me personally, on reflection, I think it's just been an unlucky year. The team just could click together at home. Nermark should be a must for next year as he'll be on a bargain average, maybe as low as in the high 4's.

Spot on. The team needs to be rebuilt round these three.

Before I start brainstorming I'm going to point out as a disclaimer that any riders I mention would come to Lynn subject to they and their parent club wanting them to, and that includes Iversen and Wolbert who aren't Lynn assets. Averages quoted are correct as of 05/09/12 and will of course be slightly different come then end of the season.

So assuming Szczepaniak 5.19 is the first name on the sheet and is joined by Wolbert 5.03 & Iversen 8.79 that would leave around 22 points for the other four if the points limit remains at 41. One thing we have been crying out for all season and have not really had is a rider to take the number 5 position by the scruff of the neck and consistently back Puk up. Names that immediately spring to mind are Rory Schlein 7.23 and Chris Harris 7.55 as a result of their guest appearances at Lynn this year. Both would be great signings but are likley to stay with their parent clubs and even if they didn't would be in demand and as such probably out of Lynn's price range. There are others who for me have plenty of room to improve and one or two for whom a change of scenery and working under Rob Lyon (if he carries on) would probably do them the world of good. These include Gustafsson 6.56, Buczkowski 6.57 and much more controversially Kennett 6.85 and Bridger 6.96. Most people wouldn't touch these two with a barge pole for various reasons but both are talented riders who have lost their way and Buster & Rob have form from our PL days for signing underperforming riders and turning them into good heat leaders. Another name which springs to mind and has always ridden Lynn well is Proctor 5.69 and after his excellent season with us last year Allen 5.77. Two young assets who would slot in nicely sharing at number seven are Eklof 3.00 and Smith 3.77 (subject to fitness and a decent winter in Oz). Also subject to fitness I'd consider Howe 5.87 in a double up role. The middle order this year of Nermark, Korneliussen & Janowski have all been far to inconsistent and I'd have one at the absolute maximum back if their average fitted like a glove. Nermark is probably the most likely as an asset and having the lowest average of the three but his scores abroad compared to over here this year have put a lot of people off, not least the promotion. Similarly Screen & Ostergaard did reasonable jobs for the team but neither are long term answers IMO. Also i think Wolbert needs more meetings and I'd like to see him double up in 2013 if he comes back. Hougaard 4.99 looks an absolute bargain, wonder where he'll end up......

Its no secret that Lynn don't have the asset base or financial clout of other promotions and as such we'll probably be picking up the scraps when other teams have who they want but if anything reasonably realistic was possible I'd probably go for:

1. Iversen 8.79

2. Szczepaniak 5.19

3. Allen 5.77

4. Proctor 5.69

5. Schlein 7.23

6. Wolbert 5.03

7. Eklof 3.00

With double up partners for the two reserves if suitable riders could be found. Bach, Tungate & North are three names that spring to mind.

What no Fisher haha ......

Edited by Trees

While in the Elite League, this is an impossible promise from any rider that's also committed to teams on the continent. If you mean commitment as in effort I don't believe Janowski or Nermark where any less committed than the other riders. No rider want to turn up to a meeting and not earn money. Janowski is probably the most banged up rider from crashed at home & Nermark just couldn't get to grips with he track at all but away from home done a solid job.

Me personally, on reflection, I think it's just been an unlucky year. The team just could click together at home. Nermark should be a must for next year as he'll be on a bargain average, maybe as low as in the high 4's.

Having seen many talented riders through the years, I rate Janowski with the best of them. He has the world at his feet and will one day be regarded as a top five rider in the world. We at Lynn have seen the best and the worst of him. On his day he is capable of beating anybody, but on another he can't beat a sole. I feel something is missing, whether, it's his machinery, His mind set, His attitude, His physical condition. i don't know....

But a world class rider should be able to go out and perform every race, ( like Holder, Ward, Neils, Lindgren Etc) . Going through the motions and being beaten by opposing reserve riders is not the attitude of a class rider.....