British Speedway Forum

Do any of our Kiwi members know the date of the 2013 NZ GP? If indeed there is going to be one :-o

Weekend before Easter - March 23rd

March 23rd next year?

That would be my 40th birthday!

Is it unreasonable to hope that the speedway community might all pitch in and pay for my flights, hotel and tickets for the GP as a birthday gift?? :P

Henry, you've got Buckley's! If you do make it I'll be glad to buy you a beer!

Henry, you've got Buckley's! If you do make it I'll be glad to buy you a beer!

Be careful, Dave....I need to do something special for that birthday, and a trip to NZ might be the thing...You might find yourself buying me a beer, and you didn't put any limit on the size of that beer. so if I do make it over, I'll have a 50 liter keg, thanks :P

March 23rd next year?

That would be my 40th birthday!

Is it unreasonable to hope that the speedway community might all pitch in and pay for my flights, hotel and tickets for the GP as a birthday gift?? :P

I'll buy you a beer as well. it;s gonna be a big night for you.

Loved the NZ GP last year and will be back for it. The racing was average to good but the whole deal was brilliant. Let us know id you go.

England are playing New Zealand in a test match at Auckland 22-26 March.

A combined trip to watch cricket & speedway?

Edited by STARRGAZER1

Rosebank Speedway have North Island Sidecar Championship the next day Sunday 24th 1pm , 5 mins drive from Western Springs.

50 races, sidecars, bikes and juniors. usually $15 (7.50UK) adults u15 free

England are playing New Zealand in a test match at Auckland 22-26 March.

A combined trip to watch cricket & speedway?

Whilst the European GP's can't usually avoid clashing with other big sporting events due to there being so many, i'm a little surprised that care wasn't taken to avoid a clash in New Zealand. It certainly cuts down on prospective coverage for the SGP across the media. Maybe it is the only date available for various reasons?

Whilst the European GP's can't usually avoid clashing with other big sporting events due to there being so many, i'm a little surprised that care wasn't taken to avoid a clash in New Zealand. It certainly cuts down on prospective coverage for the SGP across the media. Maybe it is the only date available for various reasons?

IT was ... Easter is early next year and BSI mindful that riders need to be in Europe at that time.

Test cricket in nz would be very lucky to get a couple of thousand people last years gp got 15000 so not quite sure what your point is? if anything crowds to both may benefit slightly due to extra brit presence in Auckland

you forgot to mention sailing fishing super rugby the a league and nrl. how will we cope with all this sport in this backwater

you forgot to mention sailing fishing super rugby the a league and nrl. how will we cope with all this sport in this backwater

Do what we do in Darwin, Kiwi - get cable and record it!

Thinking of cancelling now I know the Barmy Army will be there - I have no desire to spend any time in Mt Eden.

I'm a bit worried if there's test cricket its bound to rain

• Like 1