British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

I've been reading all these negative comments for months now and finally got around to becoming a member so I could post. Bringing assessed average riders in is always a gamble but isn't it better to bring an assessed 5 pointer in who has the ability to improve than a journeyman 5 pointer. Damien Koppe finished an open meeting at Redcar last year with 4 wins and got the rider of the night for his all action style. Berwick fans were gutted when Faku Albin signed for Sheffield so they rate him AND have seen him race. Jake Knight comes in on a 3 point average has top equipment and a top mentor so he will only get better. Give these lads a chance because being so negative will only harm their confidance before a wheel is turned. As for Neil Machin after 20 years he is still dipping his hand in his pocket while many others have taken the money and run. Some of you need to get in the real world.

Can't we all wait till a wheel has been turned and get behind the riders we got so far I'm sure the people who are been negative you wouldn't like it if it was you so let's get behind them because everyone has to start some where so wait till a wheel been turned if your not happy you jump in the bike and do it

IN the bike? :blink:

IN the bike? :blink:

Makes as much sense as the rest.

Some people need to learn that being realistic is not being negative and suggesting that if you think you can do better have a go yourself is in fact no argument at all.

• Like 2

Makes as much sense as the rest.

Some people need to learn that being realistic is not being negative and suggesting that if you think you can do better have a go yourself is in fact no argument at all.

So realistic = miserable in the world of Speedway Forums?

if your not happy you jump in the bike and do it

Ridiculous, lame, lazy comment.

• Like 2

So the bus was missing this morning making me late for work, but I am not allowed to complain because I have drove a bus.

I went to the Sandwich shop for my large bacon and sausage sandwich, to find that they have put the price up, but I am not allowed to complain as I have never work in a Sandwich shop.

I had to settle for a medium bacon and sausage because that is all I can afford due to not have a pay rise for three years due to government cut, but I not allowed to complain as I never been a politician.

Stood out in the rain waiting for the bus got soaking wet in the rain, again cannot complain as I never been a weatherman.

• Like 3

I'd say its coming to an objective and fair judgement on the facts and evidence (as examples, see Spinny's excellent posts on this thread).

Being negative is highlighting the bad points and ignoring the good ones, being positive is highlighting the good ones and ignoring the bad ones - in other words, being prejudiced either for or against for one reason or another.

While I have no time for those who have axes to grind, I have little more for those who try to make out that something is more impressive than it actually is.

Fair opinions are always the best; while they are also the most persuasive, they are often the hardest to take.

• Like 1

I always thought that forums were about opinions and people voicing them.

So the bus was missing this morning making me late for work, but I am not allowed to complain because I have drove a bus.

I went to the Sandwich shop for my large bacon and sausage sandwich, to find that they have put the price up, but I am not allowed to complain as I have never work in a Sandwich shop.

I had to settle for a medium bacon and sausage because that is all I can afford due to not have a pay rise for three years due to government cut, but I not allowed to complain as I never been a politician.

Stood out in the rain waiting for the bus got soaking wet in the rain, again cannot complain as I never been a weatherman.

Jeez,that`s some bad luck you`ve had .... :lol::P

Its just the same, if not worse in the football ones.

Jeez,that`s some bad luck you`ve had .... :lol::P

There is a Country and Western song in there somewhere. :lol:

There is a Country and Western song in there somewhere. :lol:

Either that mate,or you put the telephone number of your local Samaritans on your mobile. :lol:

• Like 1

well done to ricky wells in u.s.a.looks like he beat a few g.p. stars.will we see him back at sheffield next season ? hope so.

Looking at the green sheet averages Sheffield could sign both Dakota North and Taylor Poole for a combined total of 12.48 well below the 14.88 points left to build a team

Edited by starshooter
  • Like 1